Rogues needed more in arenas after patch??

Ok this might sound like a long shot but its just my theory and I would appreciate some mature opinions on the topic.

There's some talk about subtlety rogues being "caster killers" after the next patch. Now depending on how it all rolls out and if they are OP against casters due to their ability to resist being kited would this make them more viable to be used with a much more broad spectrum of partners in a 2v2 (and possibly 3s and 5s) comp??

I have a rogue but I'm writing this in a pally point of view. Right now my best RL friend is my twos partner and he is a rogue and even though our comp isn't too great and we don't hit high ratings I still have fun and stilltry hard. I'll make a bold statement and say that on my prot pally I'm confident I can take on any melée class (and hunter) 1v1 but currently we have problems with groups consisting on mages especially and sometimes priests an locks (depending on the comp). With a subtlety rogue being able to take out casters while I absorb dmg and beat on the other partner, does anyone think this comp will actually be viable in high ratings or is it just a fantasy??

If so this could be applied to a plethora of comps having trouble with the casters in general. Making rogues a high commodity.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. Please share your opinions. Be mature please.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Re: Rogues needed more in arenas after patch??

People like Unmercey who know exactly what they are doing can make is work, but you really have to know how to use Shadowdance properly and time your ShS and everything effectively. You can keep a caster stunned/silenced for an unfair amount of time as Sub if you again know what your doing. So maybe who knows as long as the survivability lives in the assas tree Im going to be staying with that.

As I see it rogues problem is not that they cant kill casters but that they get blown up before they can try. In full pvp gear you can still be killed in a shadownova/deep freeze unless you have some pretty intense healing.

They might be better but my guess is that mut prep is still going to be the cookie cutter pvp spec and sub is still going to be slighly gimmick 2dps nuke setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    People like Unmercey who know exactly what they are doing can make is work, but you really have to know how to use Shadowdance properly and time your ShS and everything effectively. You can keep a caster stunned/silenced for an unfair amount of time as Sub if you again know what your doing. So maybe who knows as long as the survivability lives in the assas tree Im going to be staying with that.
    there's a lot of truth in what you said. My biggest problem with a rogue is Mage. Anything to help elleviate the dmg and cc they cause (a lot of which is done without them even doing anything except throwing on frost armor) would be nice. Sure, we could spec into imp sprint to remove a snare but that only works on what ever is on the rogue intially, correct? And CoS only works for so long before your snared up again. You can jump on the Mage and ambush or cheap shot (which they will always blink out of), given your not frozen but insead just snared you can ShS to the Mage and try to stun lock him from there but it will just lead to an ice block, nova, blink again. At that point everything in on CD and te Mage is again blowing you up.

Now I understand pvp isn't based around 1v1 and I agree it shouldn't be but without the help of a class good against mages I don't see us ever taking a good player down. I'm hoping the changes will be enough to rip through the bubble and keep them locked long enough to have a chance. Idc if I have to use all my CDs, tll be worth it.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.