Haste vs. Spellpower with my gear.

Okay. so according to:

http://www.magegraf.com

Haste is higher per point for me than SP is. I wanted to know if there were any math people out there that could verify/disown this for me. Your help is much appreciated.

the stats directly from Magegraf...

DpS SP Crit Hit Haste Spirit Int
    9831 1 0.69 -0.01 1.3 0.41 0.4

EDIT : Forgot my Armory. - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...en&cn=Magicmon

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Haste vs. Spellpower with my gear.

It's not unreasonable. You should definitely be using sp/haste gems in every yellow socket. At some point you will want to start using them in red sockets too. According to those numbers, you are past that point (haste > 1.2 sp), but I do not know how accurate magegraf is, since I don't use it.

If i were you i'd just plug it into rawr, or switch out what you want with haste on it or spellpower in rawr.

Whichever one gives you higher dps id go to, gotta remember that stats are relative for arcane, there isnt really a concrete better stat between haste / sp

@DirewolfX - I honestly didnt know that about yellow, i thought it was just when the socket bonus is better than ## SP. So thanks Im gonna go change that now.

@Big - Im going to go work with RAWR a little more and see what it says. Thanks :]

15+ Year Old Account

The sticky explains how to gem pretty accurately (blue gems too). Generally, any socket bonus of 7 sp or more is worth gemming for. If you have 2pt9, any socket bonus of 5 sp or more is worth gemming for. Yellow sockets always get sp/haste.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    The sticky explains how to gem pretty accurately (blue gems too). Generally, any socket bonus of 7 sp or more is worth gemming for. If you have 2pt9, any socket bonus of 5 sp or more is worth gemming for. Yellow sockets always get sp/haste.
    I think the 12 sp/10 spirit gem is only viable now if the socket bonus is +9 sp or greater. Even if it's +7 sp, you're looking at a grand total of 19 sp/10 spirit instead of a 23 sp. From what I see, 4 sp > 10 spirit in overall value if you don't have the T9 bonus anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cocoabean
    I think the 12 sp/10 spirit gem is only viable now if the socket bonus is +9 sp or greater. Even if it's +7 sp, you're looking at a grand total of 19 sp/10 spirit instead of a 23 sp. From what I see, 4 sp > 10 spirit in overall value if you don't have the T9 bonus anymore.
    Rawr still tells me to gem blues into +7 sockets. I have no reason not to believe rawr on this one. The thing to consider with spirit is it gives us crit AND regen. Regen is important as arcane, and crit isn't completely terrible. 4SP is probably better than 5.5 crit, but not 10 spirit.