10+ Year Old Account

Addons not saving.

Hello,

Yesterday I upgraded my computer to windows 7, and lost all my addon settings, macro's etc. This is ofcourse annoying, but atleast I can fix it.

However, my game doesn't seem to "save" any addons settings, for instance I use dominos bars, I can set them to whatever position I want, but as soon as I reload my ui or restart wow I lose all my addons again. Same goes in the addon enable screen in wow, I can turn of addons for a char, log out, log in and the addon is enabled again.

Please help or I need to raid ICC without addons

Edit: I also get this critical error everytime I shut down WoW:

ERROR#132 (ox85100084) Fatal Exception
    Program: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    Exception: ox0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:0074985A

The instruction at "0x0074985A" referenced memory at 0x02148CC8.
    The memory could not be "written".
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Deleted

Re: Addons not saving.

Make sure you've got write permissions on your WoW folder. Disabling inherited file permissions for the folder often helps.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

should be your wtf cache i reckon, remove the read only attribute on it
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

10+ Year Old Account

Ty, about having permision to edit the files. When I upgraded my pc I had no permision indeed, but fixed that. WIll try deleting WTF folder (why didn't I think of that -.-).

Edit: About the WTF file, should I delete the whole map, or just a part? Not sure what "read only atribute" means. Anyway in my WTF folder it says: YOUR SERVER NAME IN CAPS HERE, and your player name here, this seems wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

I fixed it! Thank god.

First poster was right, I gave myself permision to edit the addon folder, but I forgot to gave myself permision to edit the whole wow folder -.-

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Just a note, that means your WoW folder is in "Program Files". I suggest moving it to it's own folder outside of Program Files - such as C:\WoW. Or another drive, if possible. This simplifies certain things, since your addons will be moved at the first patch if it's in the Program Files folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Just a note, that means your WoW folder is in "Program Files". I suggest moving it to it's own folder outside of Program Files - such as C:\WoW. Or another drive, if possible. This simplifies certain things, since your addons will be moved at the first patch if it's in the Program Files folder.
    How do you move the wow folder entirely if you already have the game installed? Or can it be moved safely without interfering with my settings/addon settings?
    (Avatar was too big, sorry!)

You can copypasta the whole thing.

Providing that your addons were saving their settings inside the WTF folder then yes a copy of the entire folder will keep everything intact, and is useful for transferring from one computer to another, or even as a backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

You can literally just right-click the WoW folder, choose "cut", go where you wanna put it, and choose "paste". WoW doesn't care about the path, and it puts no information in the Windows Registry about where it is or where it's files are. It can be moved around anywhere on your computer freely.

On that note, I tend to keep it on a separate drive from Windows - I reinstall Windows about every 6 months, but haven't had to reinstall WoW since I started playing in 2006.

I back my entire WoW folder up to my media drive and external and NAS every few days. Love being able to format/reinstall Windows and not having to pop that dvd back in.