Pre-Order Tab in Auction House

I hate to bring in runescape in a WoW forum but I haven't been able to play WoW for a while because of my dad. And so when I an bored and someone is using the Xbox then I play runescape and one thing I noticed on runescape is people can buy things off of the Grand Exchange ( runescape's form or the Auction House ) for those of you who don't know ... and when you want to buy something you can even if it isn't in the auction house and when someone goes to sell one then it automatically let's you get the first one someone tries to sell and you can set your price range considering if it is too expensive for others if there are a few items there :P granted alot of the auction houses items r usually there but just spit-balling give me any comment on if you think you should be able to like pre order items if they aren't in stock. thanks in advance

Re: Pre-Order Tab in Auction House

There is exactly the same feature in evo called simply 'buy order' and yes it would be nice to see it in wow.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like an interesting system but what decides who gets what? Random rolling? Surely over 100 people would have approx. the same price range on the same item so what happens then? Does the bid price go up and up until you have a single highest bidder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

So your dad lets you play Runescape and not WoW?

What a smart guy. :P
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk
    Sounds like an interesting system but what decides who gets what? Random rolling? Surely over 100 people would have approx. the same price range on the same item so what happens then? Does the bid price go up and up until you have a single highest bidder?
    The way I see it work would be that you can set a buy order, for example Battered Hilt for 10k. Upon placing such order all this money gets deposited in AH. Now the person that wants to sell that item on AH, instead of creating their own auction for it can just sell it directly to you. When they choose to do so the money from the deposit goes to him and the Battered Hilt appears in your mailbox.

If there are multiple buy orders for a single item, a seller can choose which person to sell it to (which in most cases would be the one that pays the most ).

Having such option is great cuz instead of wasting time spammin /2 with WTB or browsing overpriced AH, you can just set your own buy orders with prices that u think are the most fair and wait for the items to appear in your mailbox if a seller decides to accept your offers.

for the record about the " if alot of people have the same price range " well then it would be who put the WtB up first ... like if there are 3 people then they don't get to pick it is if they have a pretty similar price range then they go to whoever askt it first ... and for the runescape thing ... I can't lose 6 or 7 hours on runescape ( I play like 2 hours the. go "wow I am bored" ) but in WoW I can play like 6 hours or so and I don't even know where half the day went

Deleted

there is an addon that can ALMOST do that, you know?

with auctioneer, you can give an itemname and a price, and every time you scanned the AH, you can check the items in that scan to see if there are any items that have that price or lower. you still need to check the AH yourself, but it comes rather close to that.