Thread: Account closed?

Account closed?

so my wow account just got closed and I have no idea why

I basically have 2 accounts. 1 EU which was my main account, and now a US one since I moved to Canada. My US one is fine, for now, but my EU just got closed

I received an email for a suspension a few weeks ago, checked the armory and it turns out someone had been playing on the account. I reset the password but couldnt log into it because the person who had been using it had added an authenticator to it. My question is how is it possible that my EU account got logged into?

The only time I have logged into that account since my move was on this computer to cancel the subscription. Which leads me to believe that I have a keylogger on here or something. But I have never downloaded anything weird, not used any weird websites etc and I am on a Mac and figured keyloggers were far rarer. How do I check for a keylogger on a mac?

Is there anything I can do about this? I can't phone because phoning the EU from Canada is going to be crazy expensive, and I have emailed blizz but they just replied with some BS answer that actually had nothing to do with the question I asked

I honestly dont care that much about my EU account, but I am fearing my US account being compromised in the same way, so how could I prevent this without knowing how the EU one was accessed in the first place?

Deleted

Re: Account closed?

Get an authenticator.

I would change pass on US account & add authenticater.

Welcome to Canada, enjoy the Kush

Google around for websites like http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....40435670&sid=1

About getting your account back, use the webform again, or keep replying until they resolve this for you. You need a scan of your pass if you want to remove an authenticator, so be sure to include it. There is no reason for blizz not retrieving the acc for you, they just get stupid every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nem2k
    Ive heard this one before
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

I basically have 2 accounts. 1 EU which was my main account, and now a US one since I moved to Canada. My US one is fine, for now, but my EU just got closed

I received an email for a suspension a few weeks ago, checked the armory and it turns out someone had been playing on the account. I reset the password but couldnt log into it because the person who had been using it had added an authenticator to it. My question is how is it possible that my EU account got logged into?

The only time I have logged into that account since my move was on this computer to cancel the subscription. Which leads me to believe that I have a keylogger on here or something. But I have never downloaded anything weird, not used any weird websites etc and I am on a Mac and figured keyloggers were far rarer. How do I check for a keylogger on a mac?

Is there anything I can do about this? I can't phone because phoning the EU from Canada is going to be crazy expensive, and I have emailed blizz but they just replied with some BS answer that actually had nothing to do with the question I asked

I honestly dont care that much about my EU account, but I am fearing my US account being compromised in the same way, so how could I prevent this without knowing how the EU one was accessed in the first place?
    You should get your EU account back. You dont care about it, but because it being played by someone else this means the Hackers win. Please get it back and let it rot.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

[u]Get an Authenticator
    Get an Authenticator
    Get an Authenticator

The only way to get an authenticator removed from your account is to phone Blizzard, tell them you want to remove the authentiator, then prove that the license is yours, either by answering your secret password or giving them your CD key.

However, I call shenanigans. Account control is also authenticator protected, so if someone had attached an authenticator to your account, the only way to change your password is logging into account management, typing in your password, then typing in an authenticator string of numbers. So, yeah, I think you know exactly why your account was suspended.
    RETH

Your EU account may have been using a email/pass combo that existed elsewhere.

Let's say that some random wow-website required a email/pass and you put your account one in without thinking about it - or this may have happened before the change over, and you long forgot about it.

Years later, someone working for a account stealing company hits the database for that - manages to get an SQL command in and gets the full list of emails/passwords. (trust me, this happens all the time - your average forum has zero hack protection because they don't NEED it.) They try them all and anyone stupid enough to have used both - account GONE.

I was active on a website where a hack like this went down where a social site with minimal security got ripped and those username/password combos were put into everything - People lost huge amounts of virtual goods on dozens of other sites.

Dundebuns: If they've got your password, and they need your account to move items around and they want some free reign to do so, the ABSOLUTELY FREE TO DOWNLOAD AUTHENTICATOR is a great way to tie up an account for a few days. And yes - these guys DO use authenticators to do that. And they use stolen credit cards to supply multiple server transfers. If you go on the Customer Service forum, you can watch people talking about these very things happening to their accounts over and over again.

Click on my website link - it's the whole history of Azeroth in point form!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba
    [u]Get an Authenticator and get a pet
    Get an Authenticator and get a pet
    Get an Authenticator and get a pet

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLynx
    Dundebuns: If they've got your password, and they need your account to move items around and they want some free reign to do so, the ABSOLUTELY FREE TO DOWNLOAD AUTHENTICATOR is a great way to tie up an account for a few days. And yes - these guys DO use authenticators to do that. And they use stolen credit cards to supply multiple server transfers. If you go on the Customer Service forum, you can watch people talking about these very things happening to their accounts over and over again.
    Yes, I know that perfectly, however I did nopt mention anything about the use of an authenticator to hold on to a stolen account. I was mentioning that this guy cannot change his password if it has a different authenticator connected to it. He says he changed the password to an account under such circumstances, which is impossible, as he didnt have access to the authenticator to get into his account management. Authenticators protect you games AND account page.
    RETH

I received an email for a suspension a few weeks ago,
    Shouldn't the email say why You got suspended? Cause all the email's about suspensions I've had, have always had the reason for ban in them.

ITT:
    Authenticator sawks. Get brains and secure Your computer.
    Hi