Report Flask of the North users

I have these great macro that shows in raid who has a flask/food buff and who doesn't. Got it from wowwiki so want it check it there. But now some of our raiders think there smart and started using flask of the north which is kind of not what we wanted. So is there any one who could make/modify a macro who just lists in raid who has flask of the north.

Current macro used for foodbuff (credit goes to Xaeros of Shadowmoon)
    Code:
    /run nfb="[Eat!]: ";for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()do for b=1,40 do ua=UnitAura('raid'..i,b);if ua=="Well Fed"or ua=="Food"then break;elseif b==40 and ua~="Well Fed"then nfb=nfb..UnitName('raid'..i).." ";end;end;end;SendChatMessage(nfb,"raid");

Re: Report Flask of the North users

As near as I can tell that only checks food status.

You can try

Code:
    /run nf="[Flask!]: ";for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()do for b=1,41 do  ufl=UnitAura('raid'..i,b);if(strfind(ufl,"Flask"))and(ufl~="Flask of the North")then break;elseif b==41 then nf=nf..UnitName('raid'..i).." ";end;end;end;SendChatMessage(nf,"raid");

I can't test it atm, but I think it should do what you're looking for

15+ Year Old Account

The mod big brother doesn´t count Flask of the North as a flask.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I tested out your macro and I get the fallowing error

Code:
    Date: 2010-02-22 18:01:43
    ID: 1
    Error occured in: Global
    Count: 1
    Message: [string "nf="[Flask!]: ";for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()..."] line 1:
      bad argument #1 to 'strfind' (string expected, got nil)
    Debug:
      [C]: ?
      [C]: strfind()
      [string "nf="[Flask!]: ";for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()..."]:1: in main chunk
      [C]: RunScript()
    didn't think the rest was relevant as there all addon's. As for an addon I rather not as it's just another thing that get's loaded in memory that I use like twice in a raid

Quote Originally Posted by eddie4
    I tested out your macro and I get the fallowing error

Code:
    Date: 2010-02-22 18:01:43
    Message: [string "nf="[Flask!]: ";for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()..."] line 1:
      bad argument #1 to 'strfind' (string expected, got nil)
    Debug:
      [C]: ?
      [C]: strfind()
      [string "nf="[Flask!]: ";for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()..."]:1: in main chunk
      [C]: RunScript()
    didn't think the rest was relevant as there all addon's. As for an addon I rather not as it's just another thing that get's loaded in memory that I use like twice in a raid

looking at the error it gave you it appears that UnitAura did not return the name of the buff. Did you perhaps have no buffs active at all on one of the toons in the raid? That is I believe the only potential downfall to this macro, and it cannot account for it because of the limit of 255 characters.

I have an idea that may work, but I can't test it yet, so feel free to give it a whirl if I dont get a chance :P

here it is. You need to press macro 1, and them macro 2 in that order :P

Macro 1:
    Code:
    /run RegisterCVar("tx","");for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()do for l=1,41 do au=UnitAura('raid'..i,l);if #au>0 then if strfind(au, "Flask")and au~="Flask of the North" then break;elseif b=41 then st=st..UnitName('raid'..i);end;end;end;end;SetCVar("tx",st)
    Macro 2:
    Code:
    /run sy=GetCVar("tx");SendChatMessage("[Flask Missing]: "..sy..". Please Use a Proper Flask!","RAID");SetCVar("tx","");

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk
    looking at the error it gave you it appears that UnitAura did not return the name of the buff. Did you perhaps have no buffs active at all on one of the toons in the raid?
    At the time i did have a raid up and I my self had flask of the north to see if it worked. But ill try the new macro's tomorrow

I know this isn't a macro-related reply - but if you have to work around your raiders using cheap flasks to pass ready checks, you might have more serious issues than a wrong line of code in a macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockk
    I know this isn't a macro-related reply - but if you have to work around your raiders using cheap flasks to pass ready checks, you might have more serious issues than a wrong line of code in a macro.
    This.

It seems to be a very elaborate work around for simply not having shitty, cheap retards in your raid team. I raid lead sometimes and theres a lot of stuff to do, I don't need fuckwits with subpar consumables to add to that , calmly explain that they are expected to come properly prepared, and those falling foul of that rule will be removed with due haste.

you're probably an alchemist and aren't making the money you want. this is smart

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    The mod big brother doesn´t count Flask of the North as a flask.
    Should have been /thread waaaaay back here, which kinda lends credence to:

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    you're probably an alchemist and aren't making the money you want. this is smart
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

At the same time, he specifically mentioned that he does NOT want to use another addon, and would much prefer a macro solution.. hence why I am helping him accomplish this. I don't care about his motives, I am answering his question, simple as that.

Also, there are times where you just need bodies. Not everyone is in a top-end guild or on a server where you can simply kick someone if they under-perform. Regardless of whether or not they suck or not, the OP would like a macro which does what he asked.

As a co-raidleader myself, I would MUCH prefer to raid 25 people, as opposed to kick one, make 4 people not raid and do two 10-mans. Regardless of whether that one person is cheap.

I got the fallowing error code when i used your macro Brusalk

Code:
    Date: 2010-02-23 17:40:44
    Message: [string "RegisterCVar("tx","");for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()do for l=1,41 ..."] line 1:
      'then' expected near '='
    I dunno if it's to much trouble else never mind it would just be so darn handy

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk

As a co-raidleader myself, I would MUCH prefer to raid 25 people, as opposed to kick one, make 4 people not raid and do two 10-mans. Regardless of whether that one person is cheap.
    There is absolutely no excuse someone can't bring 100g worth of mats to a raid - aka 3 pots.

As far as mods go, something such as RaidStatusBuffs is nice because it helps you track who has what above and beyond just pots - you know, the right buffs, the right food, the right aura's and such - also makes sure buffs/pots/foods aren't dropping off.

I guess my point is, why make you 24 other people do something 1 person refuses? recruit & replace (or volunteer GV pots so 24 other people aren't dealing with one lazy person)

Macro's are nice and i understand not wanting to run mods, but most of the raid buff mods are very light weight, hide quickly during combat and give you a better idea of your real "Ready check" awareness and that = more boss kills.

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    There is absolutely no excuse someone can't bring 100g worth of mats to a raid - aka 3 pots.
    I guess my point is, why make you 24 other people do something 1 person refuses? recruit & replace (or volunteer GV pots so 24 other people aren't dealing with one lazy person)
    I'm just saying that there are guilds where replacing someone is not that simple and painless as you make it seem.

As for the error, try putting a space between the parenthesis and the do (IE GetNumRaidMembers()do changes to GetNumRaidMembers() do)