Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: what are the benefits of a shadow priest?

Boomkin wastes a global cd/dps to apply Faerie Fire while shadow priest doesn't, useful on aoe fights (though, there are rarely many mobs that are 83lvl).

Shadow priests have Mind sear, AoE that follows the target priest is searing. Pretty useful for fights where mobs can/are moving (Sartharion, Thorim, Freya, Gunship battle, Lich King (vile spirits) etc).

Vampiric embrace stacks between shadow priests, having more than 1 in same party may eliminate need of healing for whole group on some fights.

Mind flay has 50% slow effect while channeling, also can be useful for some bosses.

Others have mentioned the rest already.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie
    Nothing unique.

Take no damage.
    Smash Multi target fights.
    GFTO troll.

Also, when someone has to eat damage (i.e. Algalon) Dispersion is nifty.

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

many higher end spriests do not have MB as a priority. Most of my groups i pop a MB at the beginning and then when ever i happen to think about it. This is because pretty much every replenishment class does not seem to want to trigger replenishment.

Quote Originally Posted by redrage
    This is because pretty much every replenishment class does not seem to want to trigger replenishment.
    Ret Paladins like using Replenishment, because Judgements of the Wise are the only thing giving them reliable mana return, and plus Judgement is a huge part of their damage. But I understand where you were going with that. :P
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Gonna add here that they also look bad-ass.
    So for all mentioned here, plus a cool addition to any raid.