Damage seems low =/

Really starting to worry about my DPS. As our guild makes the jump into 25 man hard modes, I find that my numbers are starting to become a liability, and I really can't find out why =/ I don't know if I'm at a Plateau with gear to where I just can't increase anything until a big jump or what. My priorities seems fine. Greater Fire Elemental Down else Searing Totem (Magma if 4 + adds). Refresh Water Shield/Thunderstorm/Refresh Flameshock if needed else Frost Shock on move (Elemental Mastery if for some reason it's off cooldown). Generally I prepot a speed unless we're lusting on pull, else I pop Wild Magic. Rotation is pretty simple, I generally don't have any issues with clipping flameshocks. Blood Fury/Trinket on cooldown (usually used in conjunction with a refresh of flame shock whenever I notice a Spell Power buff).

I'm sitting near the bottom of the meters on every fight. What can I do to increase my damage?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Sh%C3%A6a

I had 2 piece t10/t9 for this log. My headpiece was Nonheroic trophy T9.

Re: Damage seems low =/

Im guessing you have a Demo lock in your raid then. Looking at the logs, 8.7k on fester aint bad. But considering I have to drop ToW and still manage to pull 9k on fester. One big comparison I noticed about your gear was you are lacking a lot of haste.

821 unbuffed seems very very low for your gear level/raid exp.

Currently I'm sitting on around 1050ish, fully UB. I've read somewhere that the ideal number is 1250 with tot up. So I figured I'd go a little over for movement etc etc.

So my conclusion is, try more haste. More reckless gems etc.

My gear isn't amazing. But it's not bad at the same time. Hope this helps.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...s&cn=Shámalam

Oh and get rid of that crappy ToC10HC trinket. It's crap by anyones standards. Has been since day one.
    "I cast Riptide and then CH. Whenever it did happen to crit the 21 sec riptide would disappear. Now whether or not this is intentional is yet to be seen.

If anyone else can test this/confirm this for me that would be great. Seems to be a bug to me though. Blizzard being slack again. "

My finest and most retarded (4:25am)hour of wow.

I guess I can try gemming reckless to match socket bonus. The trinket I can't do much about. I don't have time for 10 mans and when I do Spyglass never drops. And since I'm so low on damage, and we've seen so few, I don't predict loot council handing over a DFO or the Sindragosa trinket any time soon.

I just don't know if these things could have that big of a difference with Shamans pulling 10k+ on Saurfang.

Switched to Troll yesterday, added haste was nice and I was pulling around 8k on the dummies self buffed. Just wondering if there's anything else I'm missing or if it really just is a gear issue.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shæa
    I guess I can try gemming reckless to match socket bonus. The trinket I can't do much about. I don't have time for 10 mans and when I do Spyglass never drops. And since I'm so low on damage, and we've seen so few, I don't predict loot council handing over a DFO or the Sindragosa trinket any time soon.

I just don't know if these things could have that big of a difference with Shamans pulling 10k+ on Saurfang.
    your armory link isn't working for me but if you're trying to replace the toc 10 man trinket maybe consider the abyssal rune form toc 5man normal?

Your numbers seems kinda low indeed.
    On festergut me and the second ele shaman are well over 9k dps and we are less geared than you.
    I don't think its a haste issue as I have a bit over 700 unbuffed myself.
    I really do not know what the issue is?Maybe a lag problem?
    EDIT=Just to clear confusion and other flames that could start we stand with meelee both have searing+fire ele out
    Pew pew

The trinket from 5 man ToC is better than your 10 ToGC trinket.

Mmk, I'll start grinding ToC then for the trinket. For some reason I had it in my head that the trinket from ToGC was better as long as I wasn't reaching the point where my lightning bolts were <1 second with the full effect of the trinket. I'm guessing I was completely wrong? If that trinket is so horrible, what would be another replacement for it from older content? Assuming I cannot run scale of fates as any PuG is considered successful if they can down Kologarn on 25 man and my guild does not do content that old, would this be replaceable by Illustration? Eye of the Broodmother? Or Naxx Trinkets?

Sadly the ToC 10 man trinkets are really bad in general. Crit isn't a great static stat for an elemental shaman and the on use effect takes so long to build up that the average value ends up being pretty low.

The ToC normal 5 man trinket is probably the best and easiest to get replacement since you don't need either the badge hit trinkets and the int trinket isn't very useful. Illustration or Eye of the broodmother would both be pretty good if you can get them in a pug.

Recently got 4 piece, however our Demo lock decided to miss this raid and I was on ToW duty pulling even more horrid dps. I just don't know what it is. No luck in ICC this week and I'll keep grinding for that trinket but I'm trying to find out if there's anything that stands out that I'm missing on? The only thing I noticed was I wasn't able to make full use out of my 2 piece because we'd pretty much lust at the start of every fight besides BQL and PP. I don't know if that's really an issue though because it seems like other Shaman have similar things and are still pulling high numbers.

on festergut are you with the ranged or melee? when our ele's sit in melee range they pull about 2k more dps because they dont have to move as much. just a suggestion.

It really depends on the week and our group combination. If we have a Demo lock I usually force my raid leaders to let me stand in melee. However, without one, I generally just give my spot up for a healer or something. I would assume most of my positioning is correct as I generally have one of the top activity uptimes, but people with 10% less activity are raping me on meters, and I only move when needed.