Thread: Hunter Macro's

Hunter Macro's

Can some one give me either a good link to a bunch of useful hunter macro's or post some for me and explain what they do/when/how to use them. Thanks. :P

Also, why is there no sticky in here for a post with hunter macro's? O.O

Re: Hunter Macro's

#showtooltip Chimera Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast [target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /cast Chimera Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

Casts chimera shot and kill command if not on CD.

#showtooltip Disengage
    /console targetNearestDistance 5.000000
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /cast [harm,nodead] Wing Clip
    /cast Disengage
    /targetlasttarget

Targets nearest person and Wing Clips them, and then casts Disengage while returning your target to the previous target. (good in pvp, not so great in pve.)

#showtooltip Mongoose Bite
    /cast Raptor Strike
    /cast Mongoose Bite

Casts both melee attacks so no need for 2 keybinds.

#showtooltip Blood Fury
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Furious Howl
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /use <Trinket>

This is mainly for orcs, it casts our racial Blood Fury, if you have a wolf it casts furious howl, and also casts Rapid Fire. Will also use a trinket
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

I am going to give away a little hunter secret which, surprisingly, most hunters don't use correctly. The macro I'm about to post makes the best use of your trinkets, Rapid Fire, Chimera and Aimed Shots, your racial, and of course, Readiness.

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /use 14
    /use 15
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Readiness

Let me explain how I do this.

Open with Misdirect, Serpent Sting, Chimera, then Aimed. Then press the macro ONE TIME. The macro will make your trinket pop (or both if they don't share a cd), use your Rapid Fire, and then Readiness to get it all back (except trinket obviously.) Then use your Misdirect, Chimera, then Aimed, and your regular rotation until Rapid Fire ends. Press the macro again to pop Rapid Fire again, and your second trinket if it wasn't used already. When the second Rapid Fire ends, I like to use my Racial then (the Troll's Berserker in my case) so that you have a few extra seconds of a lesser leetness. I really hope this help you out and that i spelled everything correctly

Maylu - Shattered Hand
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Hand&cn=Maylu

Dont be too dependent on Macro's. If you use them for Shot Rotations, your going to lose a lot of DPS.

Dont rely on shot macros, seriously. Only macro I use on a normal basis aside from binding Silencing to all my shots is my cooldown macro.

/cast KC
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast (On use Trinket)
    /cast Furious Howl

I use readiness by itself, make sure I get KS,CS,AiS(if under 20%) before I pop readiness to get back to back KS,CS,AiS.

You are 1.3% over hit cap btw.
    I love the Power Glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios
    You are 1.3% over hit cap btw.
    Yea thanks, I'm aware. I just got gloves and they lack hit so ill be right where i need to be.

Also, i forgot to add one line in my macro.

After your trinket macro lines, throw in "/cast Call of the Wild"

I'm assuming your using a wolf and im hoping you specced it for this talent. The AP boost is amazing, especially if you have trinkets that add AP. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ageto68
    I am going to give away a little hunter secret which, surprisingly, most hunters don't use correctly. The macro I'm about to post makes the best use of your trinkets, Rapid Fire, Chimera and Aimed Shots, your racial, and of course, Readiness.

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /use 14
    /use 15
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Readiness

Open with Misdirect, Serpent Sting, Chimera, then Aimed. Then press the macro ONE TIME. The macro will make your trinket pop (or both if they don't share a cd), use your Rapid Fire, and then Readiness to get it all back (except trinket obviously.) Then use your Misdirect, Chimera, then Aimed, and your regular rotation until Rapid Fire ends. Press the macro again to pop Rapid Fire again, and your second trinket if it wasn't used already. When the second Rapid Fire ends, I like to use my Racial then (the Troll's Berserker in my case) so that you have a few extra seconds of a lesser leetness. I really hope this help you out and that i spelled everything correctly

Maylu - Shattered Hand
    Thats a good idea actually, ill keep that in mind when i get a second on use trinket.
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /use 14
    /use 15
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Readiness

Maylu - Shattered Hand
    no Misdirect - serpent sting then
    #showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /use 14
    /use 15
    /cast Rapid Fire
    Can also add call of the wild depending on fight lenght and whether or not your gonna get a bloodlust during the fight

then chimera , aimed , readiness

they way your trinkets effect your first 2 big hits. oh and dont use your racial after these have ran out , usng it during berserking+ rapidfire while trinkets are up = faster auto shot during the time they are gonna hit hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegboy
    no Misdirect - serpent sting then
    #showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /use 14
    /use 15
    /cast Rapid Fire
    Can also add call of the wild depending on fight lenght and whether or not your gonna get a bloodlust during the fight

then chimera , aimed , readiness

they way your trinkets effect your first 2 big hits. oh and dont use your racial after these have ran out , usng it during berserking+ rapidfire while trinkets are up = faster auto shot during the time they are gonna hit hardest.

My macro is for opening rotations. The MD comes before S Sting, Chimera, and Aimed so that the tank gets all that aggro, THEN comes the macro with Readiness to get them all back again, including another MD so that i rarely ever have to feign.

And i dont use my Berserking racial during all this because the 20% from my racial plus the 40% from Rapid Fire often times clips my steady and and waiting for it. By popping it after, I still do a little awesomeness after the main stuff is done.

Oh, and its rare to pop Lust / Hero at the start of a fight so this is ideal for openers.

Either way, this is the way i do it and i pump great numbers. Its a bit of advice so you can feel free to ignore it, i was just hoping to help a little

Hello

Im using a macro

#showtooltip Explosive Shot
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Rapid Fire

Problem is that Rapid Fire doesnt always get triggered even though its off cd.
    Is there anything wrong with the macro?

Cheers

Here are some macros that I use at this stage or my hunter levelling

Casts both melee attacks

#showtooltip Mongoose Bite
    /cast Raptor Strike
    /cast Mongoose Bite

Uses my Racial aswell as rapid fire

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Blood Fury

Puts hunters mark on target and tell pet to attack also have dash in there to get my pet to the target faster

/cast Hunter's Mark(Rank 2)
    /cast Rake
    /cast Dash

This next one I picked up for a website wowwiki I think
    calls pet, heals pet revives pet if dead

/cast [modifier] Revive Pet; [target=pet,dead] Revive Pet; [nopet] Call Pet; Mend Pet

This may be a pain to some people or just point less but I like it

Feeds pet

/Cast Feed Pet
    /use Longjaw Mud Snapper

Did that as soon as I got my pet at level 10 and not had to change it once since I have loads of mud Snappers in my bank due to fishing in orgrimmar

I'd suggest you check the sidebar on Kripparrian's macro vid. It's got all the info you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

Steady Shot:
    #show Steady Shot
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /cast Steady Shot
    /cast [@pettarget, exists] Kill Command
    /cast Silencing Shot
    /petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
    /petautocastoff [group] Growl

Chimera Shot:
    #show Chimera Shot
    /castsequence [harm] reset=3 Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot
    /cast [harm] Silencing Shot

Aimed Shot:
    #show Aimed Shot
    /cast [harm] Aimed Shot

Blow your load:
    /castsequence reset=9 Rapid Fire, Readiness, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, nil
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Call of the Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbu
    Hello

Im using a macro

#showtooltip Explosive Shot
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Rapid Fire

Problem is that Rapid Fire doesnt always get triggered even though its off cd.
    Is there anything wrong with the macro?

Cheers
    this is simply because the games GCD(global coolddown) interferes with your skills, forcing u to press it multiple times, dont know if blood fury is off the GCD but i know rapid fire isnt, so you'll be better off making a /cast rapid fire, /cast explosive shot; /cast blood fury
    but im guessing theres a gcd for blood fury aswell you will still haveto press the rapid macro at least twice, so your better off combining rapid fire with just your trinket or alone.

And i dont use my Berserking racial during all this because the 20% from my racial plus the 40% from Rapid Fire often times clips my steady and and waiting for it. By popping it after, I still do a little awesomeness after the main stuff is done.
    help a little
    [ sarcasm] yes because haste on your steady shots matter as mm [ / sarcasm]

if your doing more then 4 steady shots in a row in your rotation your losing dps , mm has a wait time for shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritzeh
    this is simply because the games GCD(global coolddown) interferes with your skills, forcing u to press it multiple times, dont know if blood fury is off the GCD but i know rapid fire isnt, so you'll be better off making a /cast rapid fire, /cast explosive shot; /cast blood fury
    but im guessing theres a gcd for blood fury aswell you will still haveto press the rapid macro at least twice, so your better off combining rapid fire with just your trinket or alone.
    There isnt. The problem is that both exp shot and rapid fire on on the GCD, thus will never be able to be cast in one macro.

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    There isnt. The problem is that both exp shot and rapid fire on on the GCD, thus will never be able to be cast in one macro.
    Rapid fire doesn't invoke the GCD, but it requires you to be off it. If you do rapid fire and then explosive shot in a macro, it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegboy
    [ sarcasm] yes because haste on your steady shots matter as mm [ / sarcasm]

if your doing more then 4 steady shots in a row in your rotation your losing dps , mm has a wait time for shots.
    I disagree. With any haste effect up (i.e IAotH, Rapid Fire, Heroism etc) your steadyshots drop under the GCD, making it more beneficial to use a 10.5 second rotation rather than a 10 second rotation when your latency is low enough. Your rotation would then be CS, AS, SS, SS, SS, SS, SS (10.5 sec) rather then CS, AS, SS, SS, SS, SS, 1 sec idling (10 sec)

I haven't done very extensive calculations on it but with perfect latency you would need 20 of these 10.5 sec rotations to actually lose out on 1 Chimera shot and 1 Aimed shot, but you would gain 20 steady shots. 20 steady shots beat 1 Chimera shot and 1 Aimed shot any day. Ofcourse perfect latency is very hard to achieve so the difference will most likely be a little lower, but still.

Ofc this only goes up when not using Chimera shot glyph. Also take a look at the wall of text Kripparian wrote on the second page of this thread, he has a nice explanation on it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-hu...-chimera-shot/