question about SoC and SoR...which yields higher single target dps?

Ok, i know that for the longer fights, seal of corruption is the way to go but, what seal do i use when there isnt the time to stack up corruption. I've been using seal of command but i played around on the test dummy, and Seal of righteousness did a bit more damage. So would this higher dps translate to a boss fight with alot of movement when i cant stack corruption.

Deleted

Re: question about SoC and SoR...which yields higher single target dps?

until you have some 251 gear, SoR outdamages SoC.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    until you have some 251 gear, SoR outdamages SoC.
    I always read 'ICC gear'... but I doubt it scales directly with iLvl. Could you give a AP/Crit range (my guess that it depends on these stats) where SoC starts doing more single target dps than SoR?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

EJ doesnt say. But you're supposed to have that gear anyway if your dps matters

So using command should be the pretty safe choice.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

soc will outweigh sor when WEAPON ITEM LEVEL goes above something like 248, because the base weapon damage will climb to a point where soc(which scales partly off of weapon damage) will surpass sor in single target damage. Also, the closer you get to crit cap, raid buffed, you'll see soc pulling ahead of sor due to constant crits.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

I like how paladins have no clue that they can switch their seals in a gcd -.-

Some advice:
    - When there are mobs with less than 200k HP, and at least 2 of them ---> Command
    - For longer fights, you can switch Righteousness for Corruption, the question is, what is considered as "longer fight".
    - 5-men : Use SoR if you fight a mob/boss below 400k HP. Use SoC if it has more HP than that. This is something i've figured out based on the stacking of SoC personally.
    - 10-men its 800k obviously
    - and in 25 men you can use it on most singletarget.

And yes, you can seal-dance, ive met pallies who jsut rolled healer, because it was too hard for them -.- wtf...
    Had a paladin in full badge gear, in ToC, pulling teh same dps as me, in my T6/S4 BC crap. Told him in whispers, what seals to use and WOW he improved 2k dps just by that... it makes me feel the shame in his place for not knowing their own damn class.

I hope it helps matey, didnt mean to flame ya GL. /typocbacorrecting

"Live without regrets"

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellious
    Had a paladin in full badge gear, in ToC, pulling teh same dps as me, in my T6/S4 BC crap.
    T6/S4 in ToC, or just when you had that gear you pulled as much as he did then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellious
    I like how paladins have no clue that they can switch their seals in a gcd -.-
    I like how some have no clue that losing GCDs is losing DPS big time (and significant mana)

And T6 in ToC? i lol'd
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    I like how some have no clue that losing GCDs is losing DPS big time (and significant mana)
    Many fights require switching Seals several times. Anub'arak/adds, Thorim/trash, Freya/lashers, Mimiron/bots etc... And every now and then a single target fight turns into an AoE fest when someone ninja pulls an extra group... hmm... lose a GCD for SoC or keep hitting stuff with SoV/SoR?

And to OP - time and again SoR deals a lot higher single target damage than SoC. ICC gear doesn't change that.

Read the stickies people SoC does better dmg with an ICC weapon. Ronark/EJ/ and every other serious paladin did the research.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    And to OP - time and again SoR deals a lot higher single target damage than SoC. ICC gear doesn't change that.
    Wrong. Please research like others have b4 you spit out nonsense.

so after all this, tell me if im correct..stick with SoR if my weapon is not icc quality, and use SoC if the weapon is icc quality. correct?

yes

How about SoR Judgements having almost double the dmg of SoComm Judgements?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak
    How about SoR procs can't crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak
    TRUE.

SoCom is useful because it chains when multiple mobs are present, providing better AoE dps. SoR was designed to be better single target dps, so naturally it performs better in that role :P

Deleted

since SoR seal hit cant crit SoC will outscale it with better gear SoR will be better for fast burst thanks to a very hard hitting judgement but SoC will give better dps even agaisnt oner target so it depends on how long the fight lasts, if the judgement burst is worth the inferior seal damage since it only takes 10-15 seconds for SoC to be better.