Resto Shammy Gearing

Hiya Shammy Community!!!

I'm in need of your help.

I've encountered a slight problem with my alt Resto-shammy, usually playing a ret paladin (faceroll I know), and I'd be happy for any assistance.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&gn=Lucifeared

This is my shammy, as you can prob see I mainly do 10mans with him, but recently I find myself going oom in most of the fights where I have to spam constantly (Quite a few). I'm guessing its cause of my fairly low crit rate, so should I give up mp5 or haste to increase my crit, seeing as a have a hefty sum of both?

Any help would be appriciated

Re: Resto Shammy Gearing

A Resto shaman gearing for haste for 10mans will make you go oom in all cases. The only way this is viable is if you are i 25 man, or you have a druid innervate you. That said, the best way to help your mana is to drop haste. If mana is really that big of an issue, meaning, are you using your mana tide as soon as you get to 70% ish, and using mana pots when needed, then drop haste.

Nop. ur gear is fine, Shamans tend to go OOM in 10 mans Quite fast. but that is only cause of the lack of Replenishment or some of the other buffs like MoTW, Arcane Brilliance or such.

If ur still going oom after having all the buffs check ur talents and see if everything is ok there, otherwise : Pop mana tide in the first 2 mins of the fight when u have 70% mana, then at 50% pop a mana potion , when ur dipping under 20% again then u should have mana tide back up or ask for an innervate ( Its on a 3 min CD now, Droods dont need to be assholes and need to l2give to other healers )

Quote Originally Posted by hybris
    A Resto shaman gearing for haste for 10mans will make you go oom in all cases. The only way this is viable is if you are i 25 man, or you have a druid innervate you. That said, the best way to help your mana is to drop haste. If mana is really that big of an issue, meaning, are you using your mana tide as soon as you get to 70% ish, and using mana pots when needed, then drop haste.

lol hybris =D read my post posted 10 sec after yours LOL !

Seems fine to me, I would drop the 3 points out of Healing Focus and put them into Elemental Weapons for more SP with earthliving.

Diesel 1/7H

Quote Originally Posted by Kärmä
    Seems fine to me, I would drop the 3 points out of Healing Focus and put them into Elemental Weapons for more SP with earthliving.
    no. giving up 70% casting interruption is just utter shit compared to the +- 35 spellpower u gain.
    Especcially cause there is so much AOE dmg done to the entire raid always. it will lower ur healing by alot more.

ALSO: KEEP UP WATER SHIELD ! it tends to go off more in icc then in ulduar & toc..

Thanks for the replies

We do have most of the mana buffs present in our 10mans though (Replen, mp5, kings, int, MotW)

But I guess I'll just have to make friends with a druid ^^

And I have noticed that Water Shield drops ALOT, guess I'll need some decent way to track that easier. Prob about time I install PowerAuras huh? :P

one thing i noticed about your gear is you just stack pure haste gems. you should mainly stick with 12sp/10haste in reds 20 haste in yellows 10haste/5mp5 in blues. you need a balance of stats not just haste. also, in 10 mans where damage is generally far more predictable i tend to never use LHW and stick mainly with HW/CH being mana efficient because yeah, i do oom out very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Misdeed
    one thing i noticed about your gear is you just stack pure haste gems. you should mainly stick with 12sp/10haste in reds 20 haste in yellows 10haste/5mp5 in blues. you need a balance of stats not just haste. also, in 10 mans where damage is generally far more predictable i tend to never use LHW and stick mainly with HW/CH being mana efficient because yeah, i do oom out very fast.
    thats what u do when ur a 10 man healer.

if he wants to perfom in 25 man raids he needs to stick with mainly 20 haste gems, and only if there is like 1 red gem slot socket a 12sp10haste ( only when socketbonus is like +7 SP or something. something that is worth socketing for..)

Also: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Shockwavez this is my armory link

Edit: Armory link.

I was thinking about gemming for colors, but I really didn't see the point. Switching the gems would give me some more spellpower (Which I dont really need) and just a tad more of mp5, though I'd lose quite a bit of Haste.

And seeing as I normally two man heal my raids making my heals slower just seems kinda bad :P

Everything seems fine, make sure you are using mana tide wisely and pots. If you are really having problems with it you could drop the lesser healing wave glyph for the water shield glyph, and/or pick up the sp/mp5 helm enchant.

I don't really think you should be having problems with mp5, as always make sure you are healing smart! Don't just mindlessly spam heals.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Trogdoroth

There's only one fight i even get close to going oom and that's blood princes 10 man.

Yea there's a gear difference from you and me but you have more mp5, and the problem could be your raid taking unnecessary damage or taking too long to kill the bosses.

Alright, thx for all the help

I'm gonna go ahead and get a decent Water Shield tracker (since I have a hunch that'll improve my mana just a tad )

Also I think I'm gonna start picking up more Crit/Haste items, since I really do feel like my crit is just too damn low

Shammans are not suppose to go OOM anymore even ot 10mans, if you heal smart and not just spamming you should be fine. I am with 300MP5 selfbuffed and i dont have problems with going OOM.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tulon&cn=Bonni
    Avoid using HW and focus mainly on CH and LHW, also refresh Water Shield nonstop cause if you loose it even for a short amount of time you will go OOM. I think your sockets are fine and you don't need to change them.

mmm i got 1114 haste, doesnt go oom... only if i waste heals by over healing... theres a reason your stacking haste. its so you do have to do this....

I'm also stacking haste, is there a situation I should use LHW over HW?
    I will watch and wait as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I will laugh as dey grow to despise ya as I do.

-Vol'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Pudim
    I'm also stacking haste, is there a situation I should use LHW over HW?
    erm always unless on dreamwalker or else you will be oom in under 1/2 mins