Rerolling Caster, advice needed!

Given some of the current patch notes, and my existing experiences i've decided to re-roll as a pure PvP Caster, levelling through BG's and instances.

I need some helping deciding where to go, I currently play a Warrior, and am fed up of my melee (Crazy as it sounds), I have trouble with frost mages but I'm not really sure that's a justifiable reason for making one.

My choices of course are; Warlock (Affliction, as I hear demon is massively UP atm?), Mage (Frost or Arcane) or Shaman (Elemental). I'm not going to be considering SP or Priest. I'm looking for a DPS char as i've spent so much time tanking and healing. I need a huge change!

I will have full heirloom gear to level with whichever one, but I'm totally unsure on how they get on in arena's currently from the players perspectives or if any of the patch notes will aid them/disadvantage them!

Thanks for any help!

Re: Rerolling Caster, advice needed!

If it helps your decision any, warlocks will get a massive revamp in cata. They will be using soulshards to buff their abilities during fights, almost kinda like having combo points. Mage is a pretty solid caster overall (both pve and pvp) but warlock will probably be a lot more interactive.

Go Mage, if you want to take the easy way.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by megalødon
    Go Mage, if you want to take the easy way.
    Depends which spec mkay, Fire isn't as easy as ppl think..
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Priesten
    If it helps your decision any, warlocks will get a massive revamp in cata. They will be using soulshards to buff their abilities during fights, almost kinda like having combo points. Mage is a pretty solid caster overall (both pve and pvp) but warlock will probably be a lot more interactive.
    Thanks for the help!
    Warlock was one of my preferences, watched some video's really looks good, I like the interactivity of it all, now just to decide on Orc, or Undead male or female! :