BM HUNTER problem solved!!!

The Ideea is for the last talent in the tree(51 point) to grant the buff it grants now and additionally to give 100% chance to heal your pet for 15% of the dmg done when dpsing a lvl 80+ target.... this way the pet won't die and you will not be overbuffed in pvp... just like deep freeze

How hard could that be?

Re: BM HUNTER problem solved!!!

Actually, I think what BM needs is an additional 'Heal now' ability for the pet as well as just the HoT.

Give it a 2 sec cast time so that it's interruptable to stop it being OP'd in PvP and that should be ok.

BM should be about managing your pet and keeping it alive. There's not much else you do (hit BW every minute and just keep stings up and steady shot and that's about it) so there's scope for more abilities to manage the pet.

Also, give BM an 'instant revive' like DM spec'd warlocks have (ie - you can revive immediately, but only once every 30mins) and then Blizzard can go to town with the pet buffs for BM and not have to worry about BM hunters loosing half their DPS when their pet dies because a good BM hunter will make sure the pet doesn't die.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    Actually, I think what BM needs is an additional 'Heal now' ability for the pet as well as just the HoT.

Give it a 2 sec cast time so that it's interruptable to stop it being OP'd in PvP and that should be ok.

BM should be about managing your pet and keeping it alive. There's not much else you do (hit BW every minute and just keep stings up and steady shot and that's about it) so there's scope for more abilities to manage the pet.

Also, give BM an 'instant revive' like DM spec'd warlocks have (ie - you can revive immediately, but only once every 30mins) and then Blizzard can go to town with the pet buffs for BM and not have to worry about BM hunters loosing half their DPS when their pet dies because a good BM hunter will make sure the pet doesn't die.
    The bolded parts seem to be contradictory. Also isn't Heart of the Phoenix on a 10 min. CD?

Hunter (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Beast Mastery
    In my opinion, players spend too much effort trying to compare their rotation to that of other classes or specs that they may not understand as well. Bad Arcane mages mash two buttons and bad BM hunters mash two buttons. You're not going to top charts as Arcane if that's all you do.

We don't want to buff the pet damage for BM any more for a couple of reasons. One is that it puts too much dependence on the pet. If the pet does 50% of your damage (which is an exaggeration) and the pet dies, then your dps just dropped by 50%. Even if you can get the pet back quickly, you've suffered a lot of damage loss. Secondly, the pet doesn't require that much babysitting. Few players are clicking their pet abilities on and off. As such, it just acts like a dot with cool art. When we talk about the risk of BM being too easy to play, we don't want to over-reward players for just doing Steady and having the pet attack. What I'm saying is that the more damage the pet does, the less the hunter player even has to pay attention. If the pet required more micro-management, then that would change. If pets built up combo points, or Kill Command acted like a Conflag, or something where the hunter had to react, then more pet damage wouldn't be so bad (though the risk of death doesn't go away).

We'd like to buff BM PvE damage, but we have to be careful not to buff it too much in PvP where it still has really high burst. This means we can't just do things like boost the Arcane Shot damage of Ferocious Inspiration or the like. The damage would have to be more of the slowly stacking / sustained variety, and that's harder to implement. (Technically, it's not hard to implement per se, but it's hard to get it feeling right without causing weird things to player behavior, the talent trees or causing other problems that lead to a two hour fix taking two weeks instead.) (Source)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mosene
    The Ideea is for the last talent in the tree(51 point) to grant the buff it grants now and additionally to give 100% chance to heal your pet for 15% of the dmg done when dpsing a lvl 80+ target.... this way the pet won't die and you will not be overbuffed in pvp... just like deep freeze

How hard could that be?
    Tier Five (Riftstalker) had a bonus EXACTLY like what you described. Honestly, I don't know why some of the better set bonuses are the old ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley

its a 3 min cooldown that reduces the cast time by (-5.5 -4)=-9.5s out of 10 seconds. and the mana costs are also 90%. pretty OP in arenas actually

A heal mechanic would be nice but not hugely needed. I've always liked the idea of making Cobra Strikes proc off any shot instead of just crits. To me it seems like that would be a decent dps boost without being OP and without passing marksman/survival. Sure theres hundreds of holes in that one sentence though.

I personally like that ideas that were stated in a different thread and once by me on the wow forums.

diff thread idea was
    Merge BW and TBW into a single talent, move Kindred Spirits to where TBW is and move Beast Mastery where Kindred Spirits is at..add a new 51 point talent, that grants the hunter the ability to use 2 pets of the same species at the same time, but each pet deals 25% less damage. When this was first suggested, somebody did a theory craft on it and showed that in full ICC BiS gear, BM was on equal ground with Marks and Survival..
    Not only would this put all 3 specs as being raid viable but it would also be a very nice change to BM
    Having a spirit beast on my left and right sides would be cool or even 2 devilsaurs.

the idea that I submitted in the wow forums was to change Spirit Bond so that it would make 15% of your damage heal your pet, while 2% of your pet's damage heals you. This would help the pet survive and give us that long desired form of self-heal (if your BM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Doesn't 90% avoidance, imp leader of the pack, judgement of light and mend pet keep your pet up? Or are you just letting it sit in fire or something?
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik
    new 51 point talent, that grants the hunter the ability to use 2 pets of the same species at the same time, but each pet deals 25% less damage.
    Sorry, but one word: beastcleave. Not one but TWO enraged pets? And two intimidation-ing pets? Or two crabs/spiders? That would be way fucking OP in PVP.

Maybe make it so the talent increases your pet's damage by 50% when he is the only one out and you can only have one out at a time in BGs/Arenas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Sorry, but one word: beastcleave. Not one but TWO enraged pets? And two intimidation-ing pets? Or two crabs/spiders? That would be way fucking OP in PVP.

Maybe make it so the talent increases your pet's damage by 50% when he is the only one out and you can only have one out at a time in BGs/Arenas.
    well it actually wouldn't be too OP for pvp (ya it still would be, but not as much as you are saying) All you would have to do, is make it so both the pets SHARE the special abilities, and are forced to attack the same target. that way, you can still only pin 1 guy at a time, and you wouldn't have a double pin. It would just be more damage, and it would be harder to CC them. The double enrage would be a little OP, but if they are each doing -25% damage from the start, not so big a deal. I really like this idea, and still support the multiple pet idea.

Guess I should have mentioned that part huh?
    The idea was, that in order to keep it from being extremely OP both pets would be controlled by the same bar (think shaman spirit wolves) You wouldn't need to worry about being double intimidated, because if they are hitting at about the same time..one of the effects is being wasted, or maybe if one falls behind slightly the most you'll get is like, .8 extra sec being stunned? which isn't so bad.
    Hell, to eliminate that problem they could just make it so that only the primary pet (the one you have without this talent) is the only one that gets the effect of intimidation.
    My viewing of this talent is that it would take your current pet(the primary) and pretty much make a clone of it to use as a 2nd, but still let you name the second
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.