thinking of leveling a priest...

ive tried in the past but it has driven my crazy. i have BoA chest and shoulders as well as the staff and a Sp trink and a haste trink. is there an easy way to level a priest or a trick i havent figured out yet, or is instance grinding the best way to level one. i really want a priest for pvp heals and pve heals/shadow. any help is greatly appreciated. and if i have to eventually just suck it up and level one i prob will i was just wondering what input u guys have as to the easiest way and any tricks to make it easier

Re: thinking of leveling a priest...

IF there was a "trick" to leveling only a priest from 1 - 80 don't you think everyone would do it? NO is the answer . Questing is the fastest route, (RAF obviously being alot faster) A few dungeons here and there don't hurt.

<Insert Troll Picture Here>

Shadow is almost 0 downtime.

Also u should dual spec at 40 and do some dungeons while bored with quests.

Quote Originally Posted by potfur
    Shadow is almost 0 downtime.

Also u should dual spec at 40 and do some dungeons while bored with quests.
    At level 40 you can heal instances just fine as Shadow.

There really isn't much of a need while levelling unless you have 1000g burning a hole in your pocket.

Shadow does have very minimal downtime though, aside from the odd mana break, you can chain pull without losing health or stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceara
    At level 40 you can heal instances just fine as Shadow.

There really isn't much of a need while levelling unless you have 1000g burning a hole in your pocket.

Shadow does have very minimal downtime though, aside from the odd mana break, you can chain pull without losing health or stopping.
    Pretty much spot on.

<Insert Troll Picture Here>

anyone have anymore feedback? like are there any spells i shouldnt be using or should be using, unless im supposed to constantly be drinking at lower levels

15+ Year Old Account

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I`ve had the same feeling for a while now, and did find the will power inside to level a priest which was alrdy stuck at 30, IMO you should level as shadow from 40+, you get barely any downtime, it also gets more faceroll at 60+ =) altho, I did level as Disc from 60-70, found it fun, but should of just went shadow. come 70-80, Its just like a Affi lock, Vampiric touch, Shadow word pain, DP, and the mobs alrdy ticking down to death, well maybe its not 100% like a affi lock, but you can run around placeing 1 dot, a Mind blast and a Mind Flay on the mob and it will be down in no time, hope this helps =), I must say, I did find it Rather boreing from 1-40.

Now is the perfect time to level any class, really. With the random LFG system, you can roll a priest, spec him as holy, and just dungeoneer your way up to level 80. You'll get bonus XP both from completing the dungeon and from your heirlooms, and you'll have almost zero wait-time in the dungeon ques.

I might even level a resto druid myself.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

One of the easier classes to lvl up. A tad slow at the beginning but around lvl 45 with shadow things are getting abit to easy.

1-40 is terrible same as a mage and there is no secret.

On the plus it takes like 24 hours to get through it

10+ Year Old Account

And anytime you are in the latter half of your level bracket for pvp (say, lvl 47 in the 40-49) play in BGs (decent xp)! Even if healing throw some DoTs. I found it a very nice and fun break from quest leveling. Shadow is formidable in BGs at low levels, you can take a lot on and have reduced damage as soon as you have shadow form so have some fun!

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

it will seem counter to your every instinct, but ignore "of the eagle" gear and stick religiously to "of the whale." That is, if you plan on doing your leveling through questing/grinding. Shadow priests can survive with 1400-1800 mana all the way from level 20 to 50 or so. Spellpower, spirit, and spirit tap are the keys to effective leveling.

The first character I ever leveled was a shadow priest. This was pre-BC...and grinding was still an effective means of leveling all the way to 60. When people would clock their xp/hr...and hunters/warlocks were dominating those charts, I found that a shadow priest could compete with rogues for the 3rd most effective grinders.

A lot has changed since then. But, my point holds firm. SP + SPI + Spirit Tap = efficiency.

so it seems that random dungeon with questing between is the best way to do this, thanks for the help guys i appreciate it, should i be drinking alot as a shadow priest while questing or am i doing something wrong, cause ppl have told me to mind blast and wand while shielding myself, is that basically it?

I found leveling my priest real fun! Shadow Priest have little down time and can most the time kill something before it even gets to you.

mindflay when you get at lvl 20. There's a good leveling guild on the US priest forums
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...60842377&sid=1
    That should help you out a lot.