Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Addons for Dk tanking.. and some general advice on gear upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Care to elaborate why? I honestly fail to see how Omen would be of any help, since TPTP does everything Omen does, just shows it more comfortably.
    I use omen to see how much TPS i am putting out compared to the t10 mage or lock. Depending on my TPS vs the DPS TPS i can see which dps are gaining on my threat on which mobs. If this can be done with TPTP i dont know how. also I like to keep the TPTP plates as small as possible while I have threat on targets so I can see as much of my screen as I can. the only time TPTP plates grow in size for me is when I am on the verge or have lost threat. I will have to check out the options inside it though to see if i can configure it so I dont need omen. but I will probably keep both.

I do have a question though. Is there a way to make recount show your average TPS on a boss fight and the overall TPS done in the raid/instance?

Back to the OP, I find Power Aura Classic to be an amazing add-on, especially for DW Frost. Setting up an effective way to monitor KM and Rime procs means I can move my shifting eye off the top right hand corner to where my buffs are and back to where I should be looking.

Also, yo Jebs.

<--- Alkore. <3
    Dark Intent
    Buff Mage? I think not.
    "I made the comment "Melee Caster" because you will do more damage as a Demonology Warlock by standing in Melee range..."
    -Gherkin, US Rexxar.
    Proud Melee Caster!

first, grats on choosing a really fun tank! personally, i like DW frost tanking better, but they;re all fun.

as for addons, the ones i use are:

OMEN: beat to death already
    xPerl: unitframes mod. very handy to quickly read HP, MP, RP, etc. etc etc.
    RuneWatch: very compact and easy to see/read rune/RP monitor. i put it right below my char on screen and can see my rune CD's, horn time left, and RP pool very quickly and reliably.

i dont use a bar mod, though i used to when i progression tanked. they can be very handy. so are debuff monitors that give you a countdown timer on your debuffs.