Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Prologue - Gnomeregan and the Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Overcloaks... the sortof technical thing that Blizz is doing there makes me hope against hope that someday we'll be able to display the graphics of armor we have, and want to display, while retaining the stats and bonuses of our current armor sets.
    I don't know, while customization is fun. There could be a point when it gets out of hand. Like if they started going down the road of micro-transactions so you can have a different cloak looks or even eventually modify your armor, that's a bad sign.

Not saying it's what they're doing, but its just a step in the direction.
    Dk- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Raivious

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    Hey, don't mock my autogeneration skills
    /mock /mock

Anyway. Love the overcloaks! I hope we get to see more fun stuff about Cataclysm!

I personally think the overcloaking will be fun til a certain point..
    Like ppl didn't look like they we're wearing better gear they are allrdy, with the Wotlk tier system etc.
    - Trim

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark
    goof you spelled Cloak wrong, you have Time on your mind or something? ;D
    ... you suck, you beat me to it! (Phenom btw >.>)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account

The Ice Stone is...floating?

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

blah i'm having a lot of fun in icc, i really hope they stick with their history and don't release cata until november.

TBH this expansion will require a LOT more balancing time than previous patches, so imo even if we get the textures/content early, the expansion won't come early.

suck it up and get to the LK!
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Very nice ramp up to the next xpack, and since i play a gnome, i loving it even more ;D

This sounds great, I really loved the pre-Ahn' QIraj events and this sounds like pre-Cataclysm is gonna be a lot bigger. I hope they can make a good story from the Lich King fight towards Deathwing's return, they really shouldn't go easy on that, plenty of room for some good old fashioned storybuilding.

Anyway, the way I saw it, the quests only focus on the starting areas (Dun Morogh / Durotar). Is there any way of telling yet whether you can also do these quests as a lower level character? Of course I doubt Zalazane will still be level 11, but it would be 'logical' if even the smallest persons could help in for example the espionage quests etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Very interesting. Alot of ingame cloaks look just terrible so I hope this will alleviate players having them.

Impressive. The Emperor will want a prototype immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

That "Event more epic than the zombie invasion" bornakk promised is shaping up nicely so far, don't you think?
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

I'm hoping for appearance slots for other gear as well. Everquest 2 has that for essentially any item that goes on your character, and it's really great, you can choose a certain style for your character, and you could keep that style intact if this was implemented in WoW even if you're wearing 2 pieces of Tier 10, 2 of Tier 9, and one piece of 8.25 you haven't gotten lucky enough to upgrade yet.

15+ Year Old Account

I rememeber the pre-AQ event and I sure don't want this pre-cata event to effect the servers the same way.
    Considering servers are larger than what they were back in AQ days can you image what it would do if whole server pops turned up in on area.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo
    I rememeber the pre-AQ event and I sure don't want this pre-cata event to effect the servers the same way.
    Considering servers are larger than what they were back in AQ days can you image what it would do if whole server pops turned up in on area.
    Servers are larger, there is more population. However the population count hasnt raised since the WotLK launch, there shouldn't be THAT MUCH lag.
    Remember WotLK launch? It wasn't all that bad.

Hm, when do you estiamte this patch to arrive? Considering that cata isnt even on the beta yet...
    I mean, we will get like two senarios:
    1. the cities retaken and rebuilt in time for release (very unlikley)
    2. the cities retaken and rebuilt and demolioshed by release (yay)

Cultist: Hey Neltharion you're late! Get up and ruin the world allready!

Neltharion: But I'm Le tired!

Cultist: Then take a nap. Then we fire le missiles!

Quote Originally Posted by Liero

Cultist: Hey Neltharion you're late! Get up and ruin the world allready!

Neltharion: But I'm Le tired!

Cultist: Then take a nap. Then we fire le missiles!
    From this Vid

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Twilight's Cult - Horde / Alliance Questline

Quest - Warn King Wrynn / Warn the Warchief
    Objective - Speak with Thrall at Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar's Valley of Wisdom.
    Description
    You have successfully defended Orgrimmar from the threat posed by this Twilight's Hammer cult, <name>, and without shedding the blood of our own people. Our enemy will not rest for long. I cannot imagine that Cho'Gall will accept defeat so easily. You must take word to Thrall. Go to the Valley of Wisdom and speak to him in Grommash Hold. Tell the warchief that our enemies have shown themselves and we must be prepared for their return.
    Cho'Gall is returning! Awesoooome!
    "Malfurion can apparently pop everyone into the dream and make a dream state army.. oh and summon the forest animals in a way that makes Snow White jealous. He's like the Ace ventura of the Emerald Dream. "

Quote Originally Posted by Joniebonie
    Cho'Gall is returning! Awesoooome!
    pretty much my reaction

gnomes and trolls getting their cities? finally took them 5 damned years i men honestly we had to bitch the entire ti-

CHO'GALLS REVELATION 0/1

THIS PRE EVENT IS NOW ABSOLUTLY CRAAAAZY
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

If you've kept up with the comics, he's been around a while ^.~
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Quest - Warn King Wrynn / Warn the Warchief
    Objective - Speak with Thrall at Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar's Valley of Wisdom.
    Seems like Thrall is still around as the Leader of the Horde.
    I wonder when he will be replaced.