10+ Year Old Account

Building a new PC, need opinions.

Yo guys.

Basically, I've grown tired of playing on a laptop which keeps overheating and giving me 10 fps in raids. Time for a real computer, no?

I have a TV (32") which I will use as my screen. If that is to big, I will use my 17" or buy a 22" later. Ive connected laptop to the 32" and I have to move a bit closer to the screen to actually see text good, but it should work I suppose.

Anyway. I'm building it myself, and I'm not so good when it comes to graphic cards and all that.

This is the specs I'm thinking of.

Chipset: ASUS P5Q SE2, P45, Socket-775 DDR2, ATX, GbLAN, ICH10, PCI-Ex(2.0)16
    GFX card:Gainward GeForce GTS250 1GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express 2.0, GDDR3, DVI, native-HDMI, HDCP, Graphics Plus
    Ram: Corsair TWIN2X PC6400 DDR2 4GB KIT CL5 Kit w/2x 2GB XMS2-6400 dimm's, CL5-5-5-18, 800MHz
    Harddrive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM
    Processor: Intel Core™ 2 Quad Q8300 Quad Core, 2.5Ghz, Socket 775, 4MB, 95W, 1333Mhz, Boxed w/fan

I guess thats the important parts.

Thoughts? Any upgrades or changes which will give same performance for only a bit more money, or even less? I want a PC who can play the current, and hopefully future games smooth at high/max graphic. (Crysis anyone?)
    Hi

Re: Building a new PC, need opinions.

Junk. What is your budget and are those the only parts you need?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Junk. What is your budget and are those the only parts you need?
    I don't really have a "budget", but I would hope for around 1000 Euro.

And no, I need a whole new PC, I just included the parts people tend to want to hear. So I need a cabinett, ram, processor, chipset, harddrive, cdrom, gfxcard, etc. The whole package, minus the screen and all that.

And yeah, the TV is HD.
    Hi

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol
    I don't really have a "budget", but I would hope for around 1000 Euro.

And no, I need a whole new PC, I just included the parts people tend to want to hear. So I need a cabinett, ram, processor, chipset, harddrive, cdrom, gfxcard, etc. The whole package, minus the screen and all that.

And yeah, the TV is HD.
    Meaning your TV is 1920x1080 reso? Try that out on your old PC first if you can (with HDMI cable) if it's not too small. It might be very small on the native resolution and you might want a smaller screen.

Is there a site where we can see the price you will pay for various parts in euroland?

10+ Year Old Account

Is there a site where we can see the price you will pay for various parts in euroland?
    I don't know about Euroland, but the site I browse is Komplett.no, a norwegian site. Guess you could run google translator or something Other than that I don't know of any other sites where you can build a pc.

Hi

Deleted

!! Oi no jokes about our awesome European continent !!

Anyhow komplett is a good store, the main page being here: http://www.komplett.com/default.aspx?Cat=73 --> Tho i don't know if you'd be able to read any of the actual "store" pages. (They're in swedish, norwegian/dutch afaik).

Tho: http://www.komplett.no/k/cc.aspx?bn=10306
    http://www.komplett.no/k/kc.aspx?bn=11095
    http://www.komplett.no/k/kd.aspx?bn=10000 --> standalone parts