Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How important is haste?

So this all new gear from ICC really lacks haste.. ive dropped to 196 rating (5.89%) so im wondering should i spec to Imp Aspect of the hawk to get some haste and would it increase my dps?

And another question, since my gear is getting pretty good (imo) Does survival fall much behind MM in DPS.. so far ive managed to pull 8.8k dps with this spec.. wondering would MM pull even higher numbers?

Armory link if it helps : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ard&cn=Austinn

10+ Year Old Account

Re: How important is haste?

Haste is not useless for a hunter but is the least favoured stat in the priority list. At the moment the Marksman Armor Penetration build is ahead of Survival but this is very gear dependant as you rely on alot of high end gear and must reach a certain number of Arp before actually gemming it and reaching or coming close to the hardcap. If i were you right now id wait for more Armor Pen passively on gear before properly respecing and regemming for Marksman, but i would also definetly try the Marksman Agility build as it also pulls nice competitive dps and is a nice change if you have been playing Survival for a long time

There is no "agi vs ArP" MM build. Same build, only difference is in gemming.

Yes, MM is doing a bit more dps on spreadsheets. I run with a similarly geared and skilled SV hunter. He does better that I do on multi target fights (trash), and I do a bit better on single target fights (bosses).

10+ Year Old Account

Not a noteable difference no, but there is a slightly different build available for Agility Marksman just including improved arcane shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin

Yes, MM is doing a bit more dps on spreadsheets. I run with a similarly geared and skilled SV hunter. He does better that I do on multi target fights (trash), and I do a bit better on single target fights (bosses).
    Why is SV in front of MM when fighting Trash? Are you speaking about Volley? (which should be doing way more dmg as MM) Or Trash where you do like single target dmg and just using MultiShot as filler?

10+ Year Old Account

Explosive traps overpowered as survival

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd
    Why is SV in front of MM when fighting Trash? Are you speaking about Volley? (which should be doing way more dmg as MM) Or Trash where you do like single target dmg and just using MultiShot as filler?
    Explosive Traps + Volley. Also, Explosive Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by themiller
    Not a noteable difference no, but there is a slightly different build available for Agility Marksman just including improved arcane shot.
    imp arcane is only in place until you have the ArP and crit to drop it. A well (or even decent) geared Agi MM hunter will have the stats to get out of arcane. Its gear not spec dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin

He means survival hunters lose less from add switch that marks hunters do. On fights like deathwhisper a survival hunter is usually gonna be ahead, on festergut a marks hunter will most likely be ahead.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

However, I have read somewhere that Volley doesn't scale with ArP, so maybe survival do more dmg with Volley :O
    Not 100% ofc :>

The BiS sets for MM and Surv are nearly identical actually.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid
    Explosive Traps + Volley. Also, Explosive Shot.
    Ah thanks! And: shall i use Explosive Trap as MM vs. standard heroic 5-man trash? or just spam volley?

Ah thanks! And: shall i use Explosive Trap as MM vs. standard heroic 5-man trash? or just spam volley?
    Trash in heroics dies so fast its not really worth putting down the explosive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Important....just less important than ArP, Agi, AP, Crit and Hit (till cap of course) its much better than spell power though

Quote Originally Posted by themiller
    Thank you miller. I've been seeing this mistake posted alot in hunter forums lately and have been trying to note why its wrong when I can. Nice to have another arcane shot crusader out there!

Except for the fact that he is wrong. You drop arcane shot way before you are ready to gem ArP.

I think the term drop arcane shot is misleading. Yes it's not part of your normal rotation, but if you're moving and CS and AS are on cd you should use arcane shot everytime; doesn't hit very hard, but it's better than the 0 dps you'd be doing otherwise while running. Honestly there are very few bosses in icc that I don't use arcane shot on regularly. I also think the haste hating has gotten out of control especially for mm hunters. Granted take any other stat over haste, but at the end of the day mm auto shots hit like a truck and doing more of them during a fight is never going to be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by phycus
    I think the term drop arcane shot is misleading. Yes it's not part of your normal rotation, but if you're moving and CS and AS are on cd you should use arcane shot everytime; doesn't hit very hard, but it's better than the 0 dps you'd be doing otherwise while running. Honestly there are very few bosses in icc that I don't use arcane shot on regularly. I also think the haste hating has gotten out of control especially for mm hunters. Granted take any other stat over haste, but at the end of the day mm auto shots hit like a truck and doing more of them during a fight is never going to be a bad thing.
    The haste hate is for people that gem/enchant for haste or get the trinket from frostbadges before they have all the other goodies (4t10/belt if you are unlucky with drops/back/primordials for boots.

Quote Originally Posted by phycus
    If anyone thinks that "Drop arcane shot" means to never ever use it even when on the move and CS/AS are on cooldown, they are stupid, simple as that.

An item with haste on it is a bad item. Its not worth (atleast not anymore) downgrading a tier to get a crit/arp peice, but if you can get a peice the same ilvl with crit/arp, take it.

To answer your question, it's not important at all.

Will more haste equal more DPS? Yes. But it comes at the cost of better stats (crit, ArP, etc) in the item level budget. This means that pieces without haste are almost always going to be the bigger DPS increase. If a piece has haste it's not the end of the world, but it's not exactly the stat we're trying to stack or aim for.