Vision Boss Mods - downloadable?

I'm a regular user of DBM, but lately I'm seeing more and more videos and UI compliations of top guilds where Vision Boss Mods (VBM) is mentioned. Search with Google, on Curse and Wowinterface turned up negative, the only information I could get that it appears to be some sort of "invite-only" addon.

Does anyone know more? Why it is so restricted, who it was written for in the first place etc?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Vision Boss Mods - downloadable?

Did some research for you and came up with:

Q-
    Quote Originally Posted by nejte
    Is vision boss mods for the guild only or is it available for public anywhere? :>
    A-
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohit
    Guild only atm
    Old posts but I couldn't find anything else without really getting into it.

EDIT: Also found this

Q-
    Quote Originally Posted by swelt
    Nice vid. What boss mod is that you are using btw?
    A-
    Quote Originally Posted by orcstar
    Vision Boss Mod, though I don't think it's in the open on the internet.
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

Yeah, that's basically what I found as well. Hence my post here .

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shockk
    Yeah, that's basically what I found as well. Hence my post here .
    You could always ask the author if you could have it. The worst thing that can happen is you get a no.
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

Sounds like the elitist jerks are trying to stay the best for now... might be able to get it released after world first heroic Lich king though I have watched some of these videos too it looks really good. Just me hoping i'm basing this off of nothing and i have no clue how long VBM has been around.

15+ Year Old Account

What's the difference between Vision Boss Mods and regular Deadly Boss Mods?

From what I have heard Vision is very simular it just has other uses. For example it makes a raidwarning when a tanks taunt misses or when someone marked as a MT in the raid dies. It also is more visual ques with less sound ques then DBM.

That is all I've heard about it. Then again it is all he said/she said.

I just did a Norton scan of the page: it found a Trojan and a backdoor virus. Don't go to the site linked.

I took the link down then I don't want to be responsible for a bunch of people getting a virus

they do have a ftp site you can download this off if you want it you will have to search for it im not giving it out since they havent released the addon to the public

this is relevent to my interests does anyone know if this addon has come live yet and if so please give me a spot to dl it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I think it´s some player(players?) in Kreml High that maintains it (and would assume he´s an old member of the guild Vision... not sure, just adding 1 and 1 together)

http://www.closure-wow.com/forum/vie....php?f=13&t=13

<- TBC Kremler

edit: and yes they added VBM is no longer Kreml High exclusive, anyone who wanna use it can use it. so feel free to use it. link from the page: http://fogz.mine.nu:8080/files/VisionBossMod.rar
    Last edited by Evilution; 2010-11-03 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jus be like me and don't use bossmods.
    There ya go, problem solved!

VBM is more...timer free.Like a simplified DBM.
    But also has some features other boss mods miss (example the TV where you can see other people's raid progress when you're not there).

Having used both, I don't see why you'd need one more than the others.

Deleted
    VBM complements and significantly enhances DBM as it uses the DBM engine as part of its base. However what really makes it kick in is the warnings. Take the fight with the Lich king P1 with the poison. DBM gives you a warning, if you can call it that, about the size of this text. VBM goes alot further, a klaxon goes off and you get this size text in a garish purple in the centre or wherever you choose to put it.

CHAR XYZ - POISON (5)

the 5 counts down to 0 then for you. The chances of missing it are remote and would have to be half asleep to miss it.

Similar style warnings throughout the various fights in all raids and hc's and the timing mechanism and bar styles are clear improvements on anything the other bossmods are doing at the moment for general release. DBM needs to do alot of work on its bar control, timing and warning configuration if its going to get anything near VBM.

To say it makes a difference to a raid or hc is to undersell this. I've tested and played with all the other bossmods out there and nothing comes close to this little addon (little being memory usage on the minute side).

At the moment this addon is passed by friendship outside of the guilds that contribute to its development.

---------- Post added 2011-01-03 at 03:43 PM ----------

vbm is now available to all. Unfortunately at the moment i cant post the link for it to be downloaded.

When could we know its available for download?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what i could tell by the videos, its just a mod of DBM, i dont see the big fuss about it. Open the lua files and modify them yourself.

DBM gives you a warning, if you can call it that, about the size of this text.
    The size, font and position of that message can be modified in the lua files, pretty simple in fact.

the 5 counts down to 0 then for you. The chances of missing it are remote and would have to be half asleep to miss it.
    DBM creates a third bar for debuffs you specify (i know it did for plague), which you can resize/reposition if you know where to look for.
    VBM is more...timer free.Like a simplified DBM.
    You know you can disable all timers and warnings you dont have to worry about right? When tanking heroic lich king, i disabled everything that wasnt related to tanks, that info was irrelevant to me, i didnt need to know about when plague was being cast, thats the dispeller's job, i didnt need to know when infest was being cast, thats the healer's job, and i didnt know when ghouls were going to spawn, thats irrelevant and obvious when he summons them.
    There are PLENTY of fights i disabled certain timers so i would have less timers running around in my timer corner.
    DBM needs to do alot of work on its bar control, timing and warning configuration if its going to get anything near VBM.
    Exactly, its configuration, which the author of VBM took his sweet time doing so, but doesnt really mean it is "much better" than DBM. Thats a personal opinion, and personally, i dont like addons playing the game for me, i dont like the raid warnings on my face when i get a debuff (most of them are confusing at first), i rather keep my eyes on my debuff bar, read the debuff and be ready for it next time i get it. I use dbm so i can have a general idea of timers on boss abilities, not so it can tell me where i have to go. And i hated it when they added that little arrow telling you where to go.
    I have modded lich king scripts to show certain abilities with emphasis(soul reaper, defile), while others are just small timers in the corner. DBM comes very generic on its configuration and scripts, very few boss abilities actually get any emphasis.

The thing with VBM is that the author made the "run away little girl" messages idiot-proof, they are so big that nobody will miss it out, the addon is playing the game for them.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2011-01-04 at 09:07 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.