Disc Priest Crit vs. Haste the discussion

I have been healing disc as of late and I've been running around with two sets of gear one crit set and one haste set. I have mainly been using the crit set to increase the EH of the tanks in ICC from all of the DA procs while on the heavy raid damage fights I have been using the haste set for a lower GCD on PWS. Has any other priest gone about doing two sets of gear like this or am I a idiot for running around with a entirely different set of gear in my bags.
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

Re: Disc Priest Crit vs. Haste the discussion

I'm pretty sure that basically all serious raiders run around with multiple item sets in their bags most of the time.

I'd love to have item combinations for certain situations in-raid, but raiding 10man-only and being unlucky with drops, I'm happy that I'm seeing some loot at all. I think I'd do the same - stack haste for AoE fights and troughput/crit for single targets. But with our loot and my dice, I'm happy to wear items with any useful stats at all, be it crit or haste.

Having two sets is not a bad thing, and is actually pretty beneficial when haste becomes more important than crit(or regen than thorough put). But ideally, the best (thorough put) disc set has nothing but Int, crit, and haste. No spi or mp5(except maybe for the rep ring), so what is left on your gear is crit, int and haste. So the "second" set to be carried around would be regen focused(massive amounts of int, spi and mp5), mostly used only for the LK encounter.

15+ Year Old Account

Hm.

Well, as a tank healer (waste of a healer), you would want haste so you can cast Greater Heal between Penance, PoMending and Shield.

As a raid healer/mitigator, you are shield spamming when it's needed, so unless you need Power Word: Shield glyph heal crits, then haste is the way to go so you can do quick Flash Heals elsewhere.

Honestly, I'd say go for SP+Crit+Haste pices and Haste/Spirit if you have to. That said, I have the Holiday's Grace Neck (Crit+Mp5) and BoE Shoulders (Spirit + Crit + 2 slots!!).

I take it this is about gear because, because just gem for SP or SP+Int depending on the socket.

Why should it be a crit vs haste discussion when you can get most peices that have both? I mean, the only other options would be to sacrifice one or the other for Spirit (lol as Discipline :). Or you can do one better and get HIT on your gear.

/sarcasm.

Really, both have their uses in 25's, and there's no reason you can't be picking up most slots with both. Save your bagspace for an actual alternate spec
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Do like me, get 820 haste and 35% crit unbuffed with the regen of a retpaladin, it works!

Mana probs = gem int + sp for more crit , mana regen and mana pool
    No mana probs = Gem 12 sp + 10 haste / crit, I use mostly haste and got 900 haste and about 40% holy crit as a disc priest now.

My mana pool is 31k UNBUFFED. Yes its alot but thats because I still use one mana trinket, but im getting rid of it very soon. My guild thinks it means so much for a disc priest but for me it doesnt and I would like to get one of the icc trinkets with sp instead, maybe the one from gunship THAT NEVER DROPS...