Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 90's catoons Vs Todays cartoons.

LONG LIVE THE 90s CARTOONS!!!

Trapdoor and The Mr Men Show will always be loved by my inner child. Hell, every cartoon from the 90s will be.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

omg i forgot about recess that was a great show to.

Ninja turtles (both the show and the older cartoons)
    Spiderman(Again the old one)
    generally every cartoon older then me (i'm 18)
    Awesome sign by Safhira

Many of the new ones are terrible. However, I does seem that a bunch of really good ones are coming onto Cartoon Network or are already on.

Chowder, Flapjack, and coming soon, Adventure Time.

These are the kinds of cartoons I love.

I still miss awesome ones such as:

Codename: Kids Next Door, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, old school Spongebob, Zim, Catdog, Rugrats.

Oh, nostalgia...
    We all need a tune to wipe to. I personally enjoy the sound of my teams' own screams.

Quote Originally Posted by ThumbedBunny
    Many of the new ones are terrible. However, I does seem that a bunch of really good ones are coming onto Cartoon Network or are already on.

Codename: Kids Next Door, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, old school Spongebob, Zim, Catdog, Rugrats.

Oh, nostalgia...
    Some great shows there. I use to love rugrats. it was one of those shows you could stop what you were doing to watch. Both movies were great and the playstation 1 game was pretty fun to.

Quote Originally Posted by ThumbedBunny

Oh, nostalgia...
    I think Chowder is on the top of the list of Cartoons that destroyed good cartoons to be honest.. There's never any story.. it's always "We're cooking this Pun today with a side dish of Play-On-Words and this is how Chowder screws it up! oh and let's not forget his pet fart!". It's jokes are not very subtle or very funny.. and even though it's aimed towards kids good cartoons can still appeal to everyone.

Flapjack is good though, it's got a unique are style, great characters and clever humor and it's all around cool.

The best example of a great classic cartoon is the Rugrats. It was always original, funny and had unique characters that everyone could relate to and have a favorite. Plus it dealt with real world issues, that kids and adults could relate too. Siblings, Single parents, Arguing Parents, being Rich, being Poor. It's all there.

I get fired up about mah cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    The best example of a great classic cartoon is the Rugrats. It was always original, funny and had unique characters that everyone could relate to and have a favorite. Plus it dealt with real world issues, that kids and adults could relate too. Siblings, Single parents, Arguing Parents, being Rich, being Poor. It's all there.
    Amen brother.

I loved Cartoons growing up. Giving how i was born in 1990 that probably answers that question for me.

Swat Kats = Win.

Razor and T-Bone were so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Modern Cartoons. Fart jokes. Fart jokes. Fart jokes. Fart jokes. Fart jokes.

1990's Cartoons were alright.

1930's Cartoons were win.
    Today's cartoons just seem obnoxious - I grew up in the late 90s and I remember having a blast watching Godzilla, Scooby Doo, and Captain Planet (that was probably my favorite). My dad was in the marines - whenever he was home he'd watch Beevis and Butthead with me and show me how to play games on the computer. (good times) I also loved playing with army men lol

I also will never forget our big family camping trips - I'd always steal my grandpa's cigarettes (when I was like 11 or 12) and show them off to my cousins and think I was sooooo cool... I brought a VCR with me one time and a bunch of scooby doo movies, I remember so vividly my grandpa complaining how electronics are ruining the country and shit lol (I wonder what he'd say if he saw how the world is now)

GO PLANET!

I had such a great childhood

a toast to greater and simpler times!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat1234

I had such a great childhood

a toast to greater and simpler times!
    I wouldn't say greater, but gentler by far.
    Teddy Ruxpin was by far my favourite cartoon back when I was young, it felt so adventurous and thrilling. By current standards it's like watching paint dry though. I downloaded the series and it isn't the same ... Although the story is still better than most, just less people screaming and cutting people up. (No blood or real violence at all actually.)

This was not a cartooon but does anyone remember " the brave little toaster"

That toaster was awsome...he even went to mars.

I was born and grew up in the 80s and alot of the cartoons I grew up watching seemed to of rolled over a bit into the 90s (Ninja turtles started in the 80s, and I remember watching Captain planet when I was young aswell)

Here is a list of some of my favourites growing up

Transformers
    He-man
    Thundercats
    M.A.S.K
    Visionaries
    Defenders of the Earth
    G.I Joe
    Bravestar
    Dungeons and Dragons (I always wished they made it home but they never did

My little brother is a few years younger than me and I use to watch TV in the 90s with him and was never that impressed with them, I think the 80s mostly produced a huge toy line to accompny the TV shows apart from something called Mighty Max and turtles I dont remember him having that many toys from TV shows. Now I confess I honestly dont have a clue whats on TV now but the fact that most of the 80s shows have/had been remade because they were so successful originally must say something about how good they were first time around.

TLR 90s were ok but 80s were better

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus
    This was not a cartooon but does anyone remember " the brave little toaster"

That toaster was awsome...he even went to mars.
    Ah yes yes! Loved that movie, saw it on disney channel a few months ago and reminisced :P

I feel bad for the generation of kids that are watching today's Craptoons. Obnoxious, spoiled, narrow, shallow cartoons makes similar personalities.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

I never did get to watch any 80's cartoons as i was born in 1989. My girlfriends cousin on the other hand has all these 80's cartoons. I'm not sure if this is from the 80's but he showed me the Thunder cars, Super mario and the zelda cartoons.

Very cool cartoons indeed,except link said this one line in the cartoon that just bothered me all the time.

/1989 high five.

80's cartoons were alright.. but obviously aimed at a way different audience than 90's cartoons. Speaking of which I just bought a few episodes of Batman: The Animated Series of itunes It's SOOOOOO AWESOME.

I even liked 90's anime better than the stuff they got now.

/highfive!

hmmm 90's anime trying to think. Would you still call dragonball z anime? I mean this thinks been airing for soo long and pretty much everyone knows it. Lets see, the 90's had some cool anime.

90's anime

Dragonball z
    Digimon
    Pokemon
    Monster rancher
    Beyblade
    Yu gi oh

Have to admit i got into all thoughs things in the 90's not so much monster rancher but everything else i did.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I even liked 90's anime better than the stuff they got now.
    Thats still the case, the stories they told were epic and went for ages.
    Now its 26 episodes if we're lucky and thats it.

I don't understand why people don't allow kids cartoons to show emotion anymore.

DBZ, awesome. alot of emotion, plenty of death, love and complexity.

And honestly.. who didn't cry during Bye Bye Butterfree? yes, pokemon used to make me cry maybe not cry but i wanted too.

Digimon was made of pure awesome. I kept asking my mom for a laptop so I could be like Izzy

Hey Arnold! Arnold was a kid who's parents were most likely dead! His Grandma was crazy, his grandpa was cool, Helga, phoebe, harold, sid, stinky, gerald, so many characters and they all had a back story! all different and relate-able.

(none of that has to do with anything, just some random thoughts :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus
    90's anime

Dragonball z
    Digimon
    Pokemon
    Monster rancher
    Beyblade
    Yu gi oh
    Yep, it still amuses me how those characters in that show get that worked up over a card game, but hey, at least the card game itself was a reasonable success.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusei
    Thats still the case, the stories they told were epic and went for ages.
    Now its 26 episodes if we're lucky and thats it.
    Then again, at least we don't see anymore of the things such as the DBZ series stretching as long as it did. I still enjoyed it back then though.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II