Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 90's catoons Vs Todays cartoons.

Hey Arnold dun dun dun move it football head!
    Great show and again one of the missed shows of today. The movie was even decent.

DOUG was a decent show to. I watched it almost every time it was on.

Dragonball z was awsome at its time. I remember everyone in my elementary school loved it. You could be the so called "Nerd Kid" and be able to talk to the so called "coolies" without looking like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus
    /highfive!

hmmm 90's anime trying to think. Would you still call dragonball z anime? I mean this thinks been airing for soo long and pretty much everyone knows it. Lets see, the 90's had some cool anime.

90's anime

Dragonball z
    Digimon
    Pokemon
    Monster rancher
    Beyblade
    Yu gi oh

Have to admit i got into all thoughs things in the 90's not so much monster rancher but everything else i did.
    Those are all kids animé though

There's lots of good animé for teens and older form the 80's and 90's. Escaflowne and Kenshin <3

Quote Originally Posted by DG
    I was born and grew up in the 80s and alot of the cartoons I grew up watching seemed to of rolled over a bit into the 90s (Ninja turtles started in the 80s, and I remember watching Captain planet when I was young aswell)

Here is a list of some of my favourites growing up

Transformers
    He-man
    Thundercats
    M.A.S.K
    Visionaries
    Defenders of the Earth
    G.I Joe
    Bravestar
    Dungeons and Dragons (I always wished they made it home but they never did

My little brother is a few years younger than me and I use to watch TV in the 90s with him and was never that impressed with them, I think the 80s mostly produced a huge toy line to accompny the TV shows apart from something called Mighty Max and turtles I dont remember him having that many toys from TV shows. Now I confess I honestly dont have a clue whats on TV now but the fact that most of the 80s shows have/had been remade because they were so successful originally must say something about how good they were first time around.

TLR 90s were ok but 80s were better
    This list is pretty much how mine would look with a few minor tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Core

There's lots of good animé for teens and older form the 80's and 90's. Escaflowne and Kenshin <3
    Darkstalkers

Was Evangelion also from the 90's?

Quote Originally Posted by The Core

Well if were talking more adult then Samurai x -> kenshin. EVen know the same thing the series should have been how the movie was.

Am I really the only one who likes the more gentle old-school cartoons à la Teddy Ruxpin, Gummi Bears, Alfred Jodocus Kwak, Asterix, Tin TIn, ...

Now it's all end of the world this, kill everyone that, fight whatever moves, ..

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Am I really the only one who likes the more gentle old-school cartoons à la Teddy Ruxpin, Gummi Bears, Alfred Jodocus Kwak, Asterix, Tin TIn, ...

Now it's all end of the world this, kill everyone that, fight whatever moves, ..
    Tin Tin was hardcore.

I am surprised no one mentioned Robotech yet. Of course it was in reality 3 different shows from Japan edited to be one show so it can met with syndication regulations. Of course, the first run of the series slipped by censors so scenes like Rick Hunter encountering his first Zentradi, Rick spying Lynn-Minmay taking shower in the bowels of SDF-1, Roy Fokker's bloody cockpit and his death in Claudia Grant's living room were let through. And in the Mospeda(Invid) storyline, the first appearance of Ariel is still unedited to this day.

Sorry 90's cartoons sucked, it's all about the 80's.

We had mother fxxxxxx Heman and the Masters of the Universe, which pretty much knocks everything else off the awesome scale.

only animes are worth watching now.but if you want to talk about nice cartoon today....well...there is NONE!fart jokes fart jokes.....nothing...pure shitness...
    80's and 90,s cartoons were the best.how could i forget :Thundercats,He-Man,She-Ra,Transformers and the list goes on and on and on....that was great times
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

oh man!i just replied before but i remeber soo many nice cartoons back there....damn how could i forget...ow well.aonly Avatar:The Last Airbender was a nice cartoon in a our days.
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Avatar is great of course I'm a sucker for anything dealing with the 4 elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Avatar is great of course I'm a sucker for anything dealing with the 4 elements.
    They also did the right thing of having that series actually come to an end, even if the ending was a bit cheesy, and not over-extending it for the sake of stuff.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I didnt like much in the 90's, but i did like Pokemon, yeah i said it. I saved tens of hundereds of pokemon cards from the first ever series and some day 5 years from now, im gonna sell those thousand cards and make a fortune 8) that or use them to wipe my boots

WTB Edition 1 Charizard holographic.

Hey pokemon was one of the best cartoons OF ALL TIME. I'd love to get my hands on some of the uncensored episodes! (Japanese version still has a lot of boob humor and guns pew pew.)

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    WTB Edition 1 Charizard holographic.

Hey pokemon was one of the best cartoons OF ALL TIME. I'd love to get my hands on some of the uncensored episodes! (Japanese version still has a lot of boob humor and guns pew pew.)
    I saw a few pic of those episodes, and one about porygon got removed because it gave people epilepcies(sp), i was smelling toast by the end of that episode.
    I got your holographic