Need help with Forgemaster Garfrost[Resto shammy]

Hello,

Im looking for some help with Forgemaster Garfrost as a Resto shammy. I know the fight ans what to do, but it seems like everyone is always just taking way too much damage for me to heal through, someone ends up dead every time assuming its no a wipe. My GS is 4.4k, not fantastic but it shouldn't be the problem as fas as i can see. does anyone have any tips for this fight?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Need help with Forgemaster Garfrost[Resto shammy]

Asuming ppl arent close enough for Ch to keep everyone alive I think that just throwing LHW on everyone non stop should be sufficient enuff. But seriously am i posting in a troll thread?
    "Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, they are merely there to make sure no one else has any." -Sun Tzu: The Art of Warlock

Frost Resistance Totem will actually help. If you resist one tick of the pulsing aura, the entire stack falls off. Oh, and tell those nubs to break los more.

Frost Resistance Totem helps A LOT! Some with pallys and their aura.

If you see someone with over 10 stacks, might want to start LHW them instead of CH.

Make sure people stay LoS from you.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Misha&cn=Avandin

Thanks for the replies, i didn't know that one resist would take off all the stacks. that should help allot =]

DPS dies, DPS fault.

Everyone should be breaking line of sight periodically to drop their stacks. The tank as well - they'll have nothing to do when he jumps to his anvil. I have never had a problem with this fight and I'm running about in 219-232 gear. Healing stream is nice if you can get it in a good position, keep riptides rolling on multiple targets, chain heal if they're all together, lesser healing wave if they're not.

If you're still having serious trouble with this fight, try to see how many stacks the rest of the group is getting. If it's well over 10, explain that they need to LOS behind the rocks to drop it. There's a lot of folks who are far too timid to admit they haven't done an instance, and make things a lot harder on the healer by not asking for tactics.

Get it a lot in Forge of Souls too, I have to spam heal the mirrored soul target because the DPS don't know or don't care that they're killing a party member.

As a tank I LOS when he runs away to get a new weapon, if DPS is good enough then DPS shouldn't have to hide mid-phase. Only when he goes to get a new weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliara
    DPS dies, DPS fault.

Everyone should be breaking line of sight periodically to drop their stacks. The tank as well - they'll have nothing to do when he jumps to his anvil. I have never had a problem with this fight and I'm running about in 219-232 gear. Healing stream is nice if you can get it in a good position, keep riptides rolling on multiple targets, chain heal if they're all together, lesser healing wave if they're not.

If you're still having serious trouble with this fight, try to see how many stacks the rest of the group is getting. If it's well over 10, explain that they need to LOS behind the rocks to drop it. There's a lot of folks who are far too timid to admit they haven't done an instance, and make things a lot harder on the healer by not asking for tactics.

Get it a lot in Forge of Souls too, I have to spam heal the mirrored soul target because the DPS don't know or don't care that they're killing a party member.

Oh come on you can't say that straight out.

DPS could pull aggro because tank forgot RF or something aka tank fault
    DPS guild just die to aura even tho they broke their stacks at under 8 every time (achievement i believe which is really good) due to lack of heals

Honestly its pretty sad that you can outright blame dps for it when it usually is both the healer and the dps that causes their death.

Deleted

if you are really having problems, pop lust and it should be a cake walk...

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz

Oh come on you can't say that straight out.

DPS could pull aggro because tank forgot RF or something aka tank fault
    DPS guild just die to aura even tho they broke their stacks at under 8 every time (achievement i believe which is really good) due to lack of heals

Honestly its pretty sad that you can outright blame dps for it when it usually is both the healer and the dps that causes their death.
    Ok son, today we're going to go over assumptions. With what the poster said, it could be assumed he meant that the tank and healer where doing their respective jobs.

If you read beyond the first line, you will see he is specifically talking about the debuff mechanic which idiot dps really love to impale themselves on.
    Is this where the header goes?

Garfrost is a retard check. If people drop their stacks of Chilly Willy when they need to, it's simple to heal through. If they don't, it's impossible to heal through.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

1) as was said drop frost resist totem. The debuff only lasts barely long enough to refresh itself. You can resist it and it will drop off completely resetting the stack.

2) drop healing stream totem. Ae healing helps soften the ae damage.

3) bloodlust for the dps.

As long as the dps doesn't suck completely and they LoS to reset their stacks each of the 2 times he jumps to his forge it should be pretty easy.

If the dps sucks even with bloodlust and you are still seeing people getting to 10+ stacks then people will need to LoS and clear it and the fight gets much more complicated. You start having range and LoS issues trying to heal people etc etc. Assuming you don't have 3 melee dps you will need to use riptide and LHW on the most likely spread out ranged dps. If they are really low maybe a HW as long as you have tidal waves up to haste it.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    1) as was said drop frost resist totem. The debuff only lasts barely long enough to refresh itself. You can resist it and it will drop off completely resetting the stack.

3) bloodlust for the dps.
    Frost resistance totem/paladin aura often helps, but you can never ever count on it. It has relatively small chance (25%?) for full resist that will drop the stacks.

Using bloodlust/heroism on Garfrost is a tactical mistake and it does far more good on Ick. First of all the pacing of the fight is such that you can never use more than 20-25 seconds of the buff, and secondly it will only encourage dps to be tards and stick to the boss instead of LOSing the stacks when they're on the danger zone.

If people die on the stacks when I'm healing (somewhere around 15-25, depending on how much they spread and if CH does anything), I'm not gonna shed any tears for it. Huntards asking for heals when they die to 15k ticks gets the standard reply I picked up from these forums "can't heal player stupidity, sorry".
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Hey, i had the same problem. But the fight is really about the DPs's brain. They need to cover behind the saronite deposits to get their debuff off, also try to keep them together for optimal Chain Heal.
    Use riptide as much as you can.
    Submit your guide or tutorial and win prizes!
    Guides for everything Minecraft! HowToMakeAMinecraftServer.com - Click to see more!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinich
    My GS is 4.4k
    Gs isn't everything, have you stacked the correct stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert
    Ok son, today we're going to go over assumptions. With what the poster said, it could be assumed he meant that the tank and healer where doing their respective jobs.

If you read beyond the first line, you will see he is specifically talking about the debuff mechanic which idiot dps really love to impale themselves on.
    This is the internet you can't assume shit. Ontopic he never said he was doing it perfectly and he never said the tank was either. Yes i know he was talking about the deuff mechanic but a dps who clears his stack at under 6 stacks and still dies is the fault of the healer. He wasn't extremely specific.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

tell ppl to LoS. if they dont, dont waste mana on them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    Garfrost is a retard check. If people drop their stacks of Chilly Willy when they need to, it's simple to heal through. If they don't, it's impossible to heal through.
    Yeah but it is fun to watch them kill themselves.

It is pretty humorous watching the dps drop on that fight always makes me chuckle (im usually a dps btw so im not picking on dps) then i really like it when they get all pissy at the healer for not keeping them alive, its the same on the ick fight i start laughing soon as he says "poison them all while they are still close" and you watch a melee just stand in there swinging "swing swing THUD WTF".

silly silly dps :P
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I have seen healers die on this :O
    Insert Signiture here.