Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Jewelcrafting needs Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13
    in terms of adding 245/264 stuff none of those really need anything. What glyphs could they add that aren't already added? Same with enchants or potion/elixirs(if anything with alchemy/jc they need to make the epic versions already which looks very unlikely to even happen.

Now if you are speaking of making money out of those then lol....Inscription is one of the easiest professions to make money from. I spend 300g on herbs a day and make back 2000g+ per day. Alchemy is also easy to make money on just need to know what pots are cheap to make and are desired. IF i get the mats myself from randoms enchanting is a gold mine. However engineering is kind of lacking in the money making department
    Alchemy could get a new more powerful version of their trinket. They could get BoE stones too. Well, more powerful flasks would be good too (they really start to get marginal in amount of effect).
    Inscription could get new off-hand books (yeah, Inscription has more than glyphs)
    Engineering could get new googles (THEY DO NOTHING!), some non-bop. But they actually have nice ammo from ICC..nothing else though.

Actually only inscriptin is really fucked up...even our best off-hand books are awful.
    It's not that much about money making but about being useful (bs, tailoring, lw have other options to make money except high end craftables too).
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I used to be LW & made over 2k-3k gold within minutes but since i'm no long a LW I can let you know how, buy borean leather stacks for 10g turn them into heavy, turn those into furs, get ur big bad stash of Icy dragonscales (theyr like 1g a piece), frozen orbs (5g a piece) make leg patches and sell them for over 200g a piece (profit = over 100g per craft).

Do this every week on a tuesday when raids reset and your money income is through the roof but yeah its not about making money, its about being useful, give me a valid reason pl9x for blizz neglecting other professions in terms of cratables :O
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.

JC already has the best profession bonus, and makes the most money.

New rings and necks of 264 ilvl would be cool but not really needed. There is already far too much high end BOE stuff out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bendak
    JC already has the best profession bonus, and makes the most money.

New rings and necks of 264 ilvl would be cool but not really needed. There is already far too much high end BOE stuff out there.
    Sorry but I don't really count 3 professions having the ONLY high end BOE gear recipes as alot tbh =/ I wouldnt really care if the items they put in are BoE or BoP but atleast give us something more to craft than gems for everybody. Jewels are not just gems! its necks and rings too and posibly trinkets aswell

blizz screwed jc and it will never be fixed :'( im not even a jc and i hated the nerf they did to it. When they made it where the gems were no longer prismatic for the socket bonus i knew you would be screwed. So sorry guess its only good for money now and yes you need something to craft at icc level but there is a new raid coming so IDK. On a side not why is engineering so messed up. I mean i like it but how come our buffs have to come in like 6 diff ways. the buff to cloak the buff to feet,if you dont need hit, the buff to hands shares cds with trinkets. Idk but even tho its nice its still awfully clunky mechanics
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury
    How about a compromise? Ring, necklace and trinket designs with a 226-264 level - perhaps upgradeable pieces like the Kirin Tor rings - but these items are BoP. That way, there isn't a financial 'buff' to the profession, but instead a JC-only benefit, similar in nature to the dragons eyes.
    They sorta moved away from any prof BiS being BoP. I dunno that I agree with it, but that's what it is.

Second: You aren't going to see a JC only non economic buff because they finally just gave up and made all non gathering profs equal (except for Engineering, the weird uncle of the group). 46-48 SP, 80AP, and a random minor side benefit. The end. They aren't going to buff any one prof now that all of them are completely and totally equal.

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe
    They sorta moved away from any prof BiS being BoP. I dunno that I agree with it, but that's what it is.

Second: You aren't going to see a JC only non economic buff because they finally just gave up and made all non gathering profs equal (except for Engineering, the weird uncle of the group). 46-48 SP, 80AP, and a random minor side benefit. The end. They aren't going to buff any one prof now that all of them are completely and totally equal.
    Making epic necks/rings/trinkets isn't exactly a buff, just useful mechanic so like LW, BS, and tailors we can say 'hey look thats my alt in epic 264 gear crafted by my main!' It's not fair that only BS, LW, & tailors get to do so?

Engineering could use some nice goggles, the stealth buff was nice & they took that away, now they added a 10 sec CD to gloves with on use trinkets which sucks, god knows what blizz is doing but they are messed up thats for sure..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe

Fair comment, although wouldn't expect any development of the JC profession to occur within a bubble. If they are making such a major change to JC, it stands to reason that other professions would see changes in a similar vein.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Varian
    Making epic necks/rings/trinkets isn't exactly a buff, just useful mechanic so like LW, BS, and tailors we can say 'hey look thats my alt in epic 264 gear crafted by my main!' It's not fair that only BS, LW, & tailors get to do so?
    Just get your LW/BS/tailoring guildmate to make it for you.

In theory, I suppose it is entirely possible that you could have an unguilded main that did rep grinds to revered in order to buy a 264 pattern but didn't have a tailoring/LW/BS friend, and had an unguilded alt that managed to buy the primordial saronite who also did not know a single BS/LW/tailoring person.

It is possible, but man, it's really unlikely. If you are in the position to be throwing primordial saronites at your alts you almost certainly know someone who can make you the 264 items.

JC shouldn't get any crafted to get them even more gold than now..

Don't wanna QQ, but you simply can't earn alot of gold without jc

JC is far and away the best profession currently, it doesn't need any more benefits.

spoiled brats you can't have everything

Dunno about JC specifically, but I think it'd be nice if professions other than BS/LW/Tailoring were getting new recipes from raids.

I'd love to see Wand recipes drop for Enchanting (they make wands at really low levels, then apparently forget how), off-hand item recipes for Inscription, guns for Engineering, new versions of Alchemists Stones for Alchemy, and so on. If that involved Jewelcrafting getting new neck and ring recipes (or trinkets) then that'd be pretty cool too.

At present the epic stuff that those professions can make is fine for a newly dinged alt, but it's all very quickly replaced by drops from ToC5 or the ICC 5-mans. A little more usefullness added back to various professions has to be a good thing, right?

10+ Year Old Account

All I want JC to be able to do is remove gems from gear, since in cata the other skills get to increase shit.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

JC has the greatest versatility in terms of bop self stat upgrades, and ontop of that they make the most money in terms of time spent vs money made.

You can't have everythiung

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    The 245 and 264 recipes are all BoE, so the justification that "BS gets 264 legs so I should get a 264 ring" is a flimsy one, the only advantage BS gets in this regard is a saving on tipping costs.

I think two 264 craftable options per spec is enough for now.
    Somehow I just don't see how this justifies JC having lv 200 Epic Rings/Necks but not 245/264, We have had things like this all along so to the posters taht are saying 'you can't have everything' is a bit irrelevant because we've got them already they just need an upgrade lol. This actually goes for things like Engineering goggles too infact, maybe even some others. Tipping costs for BS/LW/Tailor are close to 400g per craft I dunno how that's a saving for anybody o.o