What's holding me back?

Hey guys. I'm the only mainspec feral cat in my 25 man raiding group and I'm trying to figure out what's holding me back. I've come to terms that i'll probably never outdps the slightly better geared Rogues, Pallys and Fury Warriors, but it seems i'm only able to pull out 6k on a good sustained fight. As far as im concerned my rotation is fine, keeping SR up at all costs, trying to keep rip up all the time, and never ripping unless mangle is up.

Armory: http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...h&cn=Seraphism

I'm considering spending my frost badges to replace the terribad coaster trinket but thats also badges that could be spent on t10 gloves. I'd also be willing to test out gemming ArmP*, but according to Rawr it still hasn't overtaken agility.

haaalp ;___;

Edit: Typo.

Re: What's holding me back?

from what i can tell is you lacking alot of arp you are arround 400 and the cap is 1.4 so probably socketing for Arp is better then aggilty also a nice trinket to replace your coaster is banner of victory of toc5 normal.

then again im not a expert on feral druids so if someone else with more knowledge finds flaws in my post pls dont burn me! im not a witch

greetz ari and hope it helped you a bit^^

Do you have a feral druid tank or Arms warrior giving you Mangle or Trauma? Someone putting up Mangle or Trauma for you is basically a free 1000 dps increase due to an easier and more efficient rotation.

Your armor pen is low--using Needle Encrusted Scorpion you should be shooting for 722 armor pen.

Your expertise is low, but that's more of a preference thing for me, you don't technically need to be capped.

Err, with 6k dps in that mediocre gear as a hybrid dps class with the most complex dps rotation in-game and without a passive Trauma from an Arms warrior, then... 6k is actually pretty good.

Get better gear, more ARP, and an Arms Warrior's Trauma is like a topping of the ice. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account

Re-gem from agility to ArP.

Try to get an ArP necklace, try to switch your crit trinket with Banner of Victory, in general try to grab more ArP items.

All in all, 6k dps with your gear and no Manglebot, you're doing good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I figured that might have been the issue as apparently ArmPen just gets better as you get more.

As for Trauma, the only warriors we have are 2 Fury, both of which don't believe going arms would be beneficial. However sometimes we have a Feral Tank that assists on certain fights so atleast when I get him to help I can get more Shreds in.

Do you have a feral druid tank or Arms warrior giving you Mangle or Trauma? Someone putting up Mangle or Trauma for you is basically a free 1000 dps increase due to an easier and more efficient rotation.
    This will help if at all possible. I know it sounds crazy but when my traumabot isn't with us in 25's I lose easily 700-1000 dps having to maintain mangle.

With your current gear setup being 219-264 ilvl, you're not doing to bad actually. I was finally able to swap to my druid as my main after being an enh shaman for most of WotLK and when I made the switch, I was in mostly 232 gear (T9 badge and H ICC5's gear) and was pulling similar DPS so I suspect our average ilvl was very close. With each upgrade I got from ICC10/25, I swear I picked up on average of 40-60 dps. It adds up quick. Just stick it out and you'll eventually be pushing the 7.5-9k range.

My dps fluxuates badly due to the constant target changing fights within ICC. If I can't stay on the boss full time, then my DPS drops like a rock. Don't get discouraged though, just keep plugging away at your rotation and gear upgrades and you'll do fine. In single target DPS fights (reads Saurfang and Lady when I'm put on shield destruction duty with my traumabot), I can push 8-9k DPS in my gear and I still have a lot of holes in it (http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&cn=Dax%C3%BD) but not too bad considering our guild is struggling in our 25's past Saurfang but our 10's are doing quite well.

EDIT: because I speel and grammarz vary well!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenru
    I figured that might have been the issue as apparently ArmPen just gets better as you get more.

As for Trauma, the only warriors we have are 2 Fury, both of which don't believe going arms would be beneficial. However sometimes we have a Feral Tank that assists on certain fights so atleast when I get him to help I can get more Shreds in.
    Unless your guild has the 4% physical buff from a combat rogue, one of the warriors going fury would net the raid ~5k dps (That's including what he will likely lose).

That said, it's only a few hundred dps to not mangle. The 4% damage is usually about the same buff though, so that'll end up being 1000 dps if you don't have it.

Other than that, you have a few low ilvl gear pieces that should be upgraded asap. (Try pugging morrowgar 25 for 264 boots, assuming you don't already do icc, I won't list other ups from there)

Also, try and get more set bonuses. 2p t9 is still really nice.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Unless your guild has the 4% physical buff from a combat rogue, one of the warriors going fury would net the raid ~5k dps (That's including what he will likely lose).
    Eh... 4% physical debuff isn't worth 5k raid dps--it's closer to 2k with a physical-heavy group. I know because I did the math one week when our Arms Warrior switched to Fury without telling anyone and I wanted my traumabot back.

8 melee doing 10k~ is 400 x 8 = 3200 DPS.

Not mangling is like...200 dps loss. Unless youre bad, then it's more.

There's a lot of stuff you could fix, check out the guide at the top of the forums

^^