Arcane shot and armor pen

Was reading the guide on this forum for MM and it claims you need a high amount of arm pen for arcane shot to be dropped. I always thought and read in other guides it was only about 400-450 u needed to drop it.

Thoughts please

Re: Arcane shot and armor pen

It also depends on how much crit you have. A DPS spreadsheet can give you the best answer.

Ah i c. im running with 61% crit so am i best dropping arcane shot?

Quote Originally Posted by cpia2002
    Ah i c. im running with 61% crit so am i best dropping arcane shot?
    Most likely.

Ya, Icey is correct go ahead and drop it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

At around 50% crit + a couple hundred ArP, using Arcane Shot becomes roughly equal to not using it.

There's an additional benefit of not using it which is that it is now always off cd when you're moving so that you can squeeze that little bit of ekstra damage if you have to move while your other shots are on cd.

Edit: god i just can't type.

Pritty much what has been said above.

I recently moved Arc Shot back on to my bars and Binded it so I can hit it on the move, however without even knowing I am doing it, I am starting to use it in my rotation >.>