Poll: Do you think switching to focus in up coming expansion is a good idea ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: To Focus , or not to Focus

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanreborn
    hunters require learning, huh?O.o
    and meh I gotta pick up my rogue again to learn to manage focus....kewlies!
    I doubt focus hunters will be much like playing rogues since they use combo points, and we will not. Also theres not much to managing energy, rogues are faceroll..

Just going to be copy pasting all me replies in the "Hunter!" thread, or some name like that. Its on the front page. I added the hyphens to show a difference between each post there, and like i said, these replies were to another thread, but the arguement also belongs in here.

I completely disagree with what you are saying. I cant wait to get focus, i hate having mana as a resource. It doesn't even make sense why a hunter uses mana, but it does make sense why we would use focus.

Stop hating change, whether you like it or not, its going to happen to everything in the world. (Which you stated you hated it, im just making a point.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, we bring as much utility as rogues, warriors and dks. Horn of winter = Strength of earth totem. We have trueshot aura (if MM) and one of the highest damage classes.

Focus will not turn us into a ranged rogue. Our pets use focus, and they are by no means anywhere close to a rogue. That is like calling a paladin a mage because they both use mana.

And from TBC - wotlk i did not have to relearn my entire class, nor will i in cataclysm. I will simply need to learn how to manage my resources once more. They aren't replacing abilities. They aren't making us a melee class, nor are they making us healers. They are simply changing our resource mechanic. In about 2 hours max, you will know how to use the new resource mechanic.

also something that makes hunters op in pvp is that we unload, just like ret pallies. All our abilities are able to be used one right after another at the very start (or before) the fight starts. Other classes do not have this luxury without a cast or resource charge time. And beginning in cat, that will no longer be true for hunters. (Meaning, theres a balance change right there.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you are saying about calling a hunter a rogue or a druid is just not logical. Just because we use the same resource, does not mean we are the same class. Its not the resource that makes a class, its the abilities.

Another analogy for you, calling a hunter a rogue with a gun is like calling a warlock a mage. They both use mana. At least ours have a different name.

And welcome to what other classes feel like. almost every buff is supplied by multiple classes. Warriors have commanding shout that is used, and we all know how useful that is. Paladins have BoM that overwrites BS. Rogues have no buff aside from TotT.

Why bring a hunter to a raid? Because if they play their class well, thats all that matters. I would much rather have a warrior who knows how to run out of fires than a paladin that uses taunt because its a dps boost.

The only class that really has unique buffs, is the Shaman, Paladin, and Druid. And even between those classes, they only have 1 unique buff. "
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

How can we judge something that we barely even have any information about? Until it's close to finalized for Cataclysm, then I'll decide if I like it or not. Regardless, I love the hunter class if it's going to be mana or focus, unless they break hunters. >_>

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

So to recap:

Blizz is going to gimp Hunter-Burstdamage and 68% of the Hunter-Community on this site welcome this nerf.

:cripes:

Quote Originally Posted by Zweistein
    So to recap:

Blizz is going to gimp Hunter-Burstdamage and 68% of the Hunter-Community on this site welcome this nerf.

:cripes:
    You sir pull figures from your bottom.

Who about you wait and enjoy whatever changes happen in the expansion. Your not the only class thats getting a change.

Personally, I do not think I will like the new focus.. I could be wrong..

I have played a rogue.
    I have played a feral druid.
    I have played warriors.

I do not like energy sam I am.
    I do not like it yellow or red.
    I do not like it in my head.
    I do not like energy sam I am!

Okay... with that being said, the main thing is..

Shoot... shoot...

yawn....

shoot... shoot...

yawn....

repeat.

The thing i like about viper is you have more control over your abilities, IE: you never actually STOP dpsing, you just simply lose a chunk of your dps for a little bit and go right back into it.. but you are still dpsing all the while. Granted.. i will give you that hunters are extremely OP in this capacity for pvp... though at the same time, getting focus might actually enable them to give us a few more defensive things.. since without our huge burst... well we're basically rogues.. and deterence is shit compared to cloak of shadows or evasion.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth
    You sir pull figures from your bottom.
    what?

actualy i pull the from the top

(of this page)

The pre-expansion complaints are mainly because people are afraid it will break hunters.

One way or the other it will break them.. at the beginning of cata we will see them either UP or OP... which is yet to be determined.. though since they are basically turning us into rogues/feral druids, hopefully they'll have a decent idea of where to put us at.. but this is blizzard afterall.

Absolutely not. Complete waste of Blizz development time to worry about something as daft as changing this.

Focus, what is that? Who cares about it?

You run out of mana - take a pot, use AoTV, ask for an Invervate, whatever. You manage it, you work with it, it's all part of playing the class that i choose to roll 3 and a half years ago.

While people are sayign great - i will not run out of mana, i will not have to manage mana etc, just change the word mana for focus and you will find yourself making similar complaints in a years time.

Blizz - take my subscription and spend the money on something more worthwhile for the game as a whole rather than generating bullet points for Advertising packages so that you can demonstrate that you are "improving" the game.

We, the hunters of Azeroth, have learned many great things over the years. Throughout our adventures we have hunted beasts, both great and small, the righteous, the pure, the lowliest whelpling to the great Dragon Aspects themselves, and even Death itself...

But now a new threat looms. Listen, and you can hear it's approach, a deep rumbling welling up from the very earth. Something ancient... Something angry. I fear that for all our knowledge and skill, we are not ready. It is time to forget the old ways. Time to cut ties with borrowed magic. Time to focus on that which makes us hunters, what gives us the strength to overcome.

A new dawn approaches! Already the greatest of hunters are recruiting new allies, and devising new ways to fight, new skills to pass on, and new weapons to bring destruction to our enemies, and protection to those who cannot protect themselves.

So journey forth my friends! Go forth into the wilds of the world, and refine your skills, for they shall be tested again, soon... May your shots fly true, and your quiver never run dry!

Fight! Fight until your bow breaks! Or your legs fail beneath you!
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

^^^ Were Is the Like button ^^^

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    I say yes. I dont like mana as resource and it doesnt feel like it belongs to a Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shazu
    This is a good point. How many patches and hotfixes will it take to get hunters dps balanced? How far into what very well may be the last WoW expansion will it take?

The irony...It's called a forum and if you don't want people to discuss upcoming major hunter changes I think you're probably in the wrong spot. Also worth noting, your post is bitching about people supposedly bitching. OLD.
    im pretty sure he was just pointing out something that he thought is ironic....and it is ironic.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"