Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Getting kicked for being Disc

Honestly, if you're wiping in VoA, the raid leader is worthless on all levels anyways. Seriously.

Anyone linking healing meters after a successful boss is almost certainly fail. I generally give them a quick glance to see if anyone fell asleep/went to make a coffee during the encounter, or how someone “of the class I’m currently playing” compares to me (in terms of numbers and abilities used).

After wipes, if it was caused by tank death, I check to see the events of the last 8-12 seconds. This gives much better information on how to fix a problem than any aggregate amount will.

I find these people linking are usually dps. These are the same people that probably expected to be healed through Emalon’s nova. /sigh

To OP:

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents. I've never leveled a priest past level 20, no disrespect, just not my style. So what I know about how a priest plays(mechanics, cast rotations and such) is minimal at best(I just know you shield as much or more than you actually heal). With that said, even I know that disc priests can be, and usually are, extremely useful in 5mans and 10/25man raids. So considering I'm a major priest noob, I don't know what level of idiot that makes the pug leaders you had to deal with. Sorry bud

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    The thing is, no meter tells you how effective you are. Take a look at any aura fight. Druids can blanket an entire 25 man without any difficulty, but the second you start including additional damage in there, people will die. Even as Holy I fall behind, but does that mean I'm less effective?

True, Discipline looks bad. To retards. What amazes me is a year and a half into Wrath and people still don't understand Discipline has a role outside of PvP/5 mans.
    Kelesti just nailed it really..

It's the main reason i tend to avoid (meaning not doing them at all) PUG's.. Find a casual easygoing guild with mature people.. You seem mature yourself and not without a brain.. Which is more than I can say for about 86% of the Wow playerbase (That or I've been really unlucky)..

I am sorry you had to go through with this.

Make a note of the highly ignorant raid leader and avoid that person in future.

People who dont know about the basics of different healer classes and specs should not be leading raids.

10+ Year Old Account

pwned
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

Situation I had:
    ToC 25 at the Twins - RL:"Hey (my name) what the hell were you doing?? were u asleep??" - Link skada: 14k (hps+dmg abs.) against the "hero" druid with 6k hps. /sigh

Tbh i got tired of "listening" to those kind of comments and sometimes I don't even bother to link skada meters, just ignore them, the important thing is that you're enjoying the spec you're playing and that u know you're doing your best.
    Sadly u can't exclude that kind of players out of wow, so the only thing u can do is to be more selective on the raids/raid leaders u join.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    You know what the really sad part about that is? Three weeks ago, before it was hotfixed, that same group would have been begging for a disc priest since the shields stopped blood power gain from boiling blood and other various attacks. Now that they hotfixed that, people like in your PuG think disc is "useless" again.

I
    They did not.
    It still stops the gain.

Yesterday I went ICC10 in a PuG to blow my ID (European ^^) and our first mark came at 3% Boss HP.
    I was disc.

@Júlie

But well, you know that the absorb for twin valkyrs is absolute fail because they include the absorb from the encounter mechanics in yours? ;9

I got kicked for being disc to, according to the raidleader i was to low on the healing meters compared to the druid and shaman and i should l2p.

Neera - Announce it when invited. Anyone who knows how disc works will defend you.
    My 80s
    Ret/Prot Paladin
    Afflic Warlock
    Mut Rogue
    Enhance Shaman
    Prot Warrior
    Unholy Death Knight

as for a clueless RL, you can be lucky not needing to waste your time with them.
    get a real grp gl
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

ive found disc priests to be nearly crucial on the LK fight.

our disc priest does almost 0 healing on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zera
    At first I had no intentions of replying 2 this post since the rest pretty much summed it up. Disc healers are great for preventing dmg and especialy on burst which honnestly is such a great thing.
    But back to the quote. You are just as ignorant seeing as overhealing clearly doesn't matter when mana isn't an issue. I get you want to deffend disc priests but throwing out bs just makes you sound bad and I think at this point most people that knows abit about the game know how disc work and the value of having a disc healer in the raid so it shouldn't be needed making up things to prove it.
    I know it doesn't matter as long as mana isn't an issue. I'm just pointing out the stupidity of people who think pure HPS is the best/only stat to judge a healer by.
    Shammy healer that does 5k HPS with 60% overheals vs. Priest that does 3k HPS with 15% overheals. In this case the Priest has done more effective healing than the Shammy. Or maybe I just didn't pay attention at math class.

"The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorg
    @Júlie

But well, you know that the absorb for twin valkyrs is absolute fail because they include the absorb from the encounter mechanics in yours? ;9
    Orly?

If I open the details it shows +80% PW:S, so do your math :P

Disc = win. Anyone telling you different has not kept up to speed on the mechanics.

Now, a full raid of disc healers... well, that might be a little difficult. But hey, that's why we have 4 healing classes and 5 healing spec's therein. Overlapping strengths to eliminate specific weaknesses is key.

The RL's you've encountered... idiots.

10+ Year Old Account

At leas they had a viable reason to call you on it (unitl you corrected them) i ocne got kicked in HoL hc (before the random hc finder) becuase i was a destro lock and aparently "needed more dots" i lol'd :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Some people are bad. I wouldn't even invite you if you weren't disc.

Any healer can do the holy priests job (sometimes better), no one can do a discs job.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I play a pally healer, and have no other 80's that can heal, but even I know the basic tenant that disc priests shield, and will never ever top the healing meters (apart from Skada) because, if you're shielding, well... I hear Lawrence Fishburne in my head saying "you won't have to."

About the only point I can make is this (which was sorta what Teez had said): Don't PUG. It will all end in tears. Sometimes you luck out and are pleasantly surprised when that doesn't happen, but apart from VoA (and really, just the last boss only, unless it's 25-man), I will never ever go on a PUG. There are just so many other things in this game I could be doing than enduring the headache of wiping because someone's messing it up for the rest of us. Even 10-mans. Just don't do it, and find a casual guild that raids on your schedule. You will enjoy it so much more, and if they see you regularly, see the healing meters, and still see how awesome you do, you'll get to have your cake and eat it too as disc.

Additionally, if you *do* PUG, I would suggest this: create a macro.

/raid Just as an FYI, I'm Disc-spec'd. I will NEVER top the healing meters, because I *prevent* damage from occurring with shields and other damage absorption, rather than healing it after the fact. Does that work for everyone? <end macro>

even having something along those lines to just the RL may be enough, but I also like the idea of announcing in /raid that you're disc spec'd, so the people who actually know better will stand up for you.

Also, for additional film quotage, should people still be complaining even though nobody died and you downed the boss: You whine like a mule. You are still alive.

\m/ from a healy cousin. *wave*

Quote Originally Posted by Júlie
    Orly?

If I open the details it shows +80% PW:S, so do your math :P
    Yeah because the absorption mechanic is absolutely accurate.
    Oh wait, it's not.

To get an average absorb + hps of at least 14k as a disc you would have to be ONLY shielding at every single GCD the entire time and each shield would have to absorb for 14k damage.
    So you actually want to tell me you have a spellpower amount of roughly 7,5k?

Haven't been kicked with my disc priest in pugs, but have tryed ppl that ask if disc is healer or dps..and ofc i answer them it's a tank spec!
    just think it's funny that a RL don't know such..