Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Getting kicked for being Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Júlie
    Orly?

If I open the details it shows +80% PW:S, so do your math :P
    As Sorg pointed out, meters can't calculate absorbs correctly for this fight. This is because the color you choose allows you to absorb dmg done by that color, and it's (currently) impossible to attribute this correctly. On absorb meters, they usually just take the first absorb effect that was applied (sacred shield/PWS/DA/legendary mace/color absorb) and count it as that, but since you're absorbing constantly through the fight, it can't really tell which one is doing the absorbtion. Originally, World of Logs did what Skada does and counted it all as PWS healing. It said I was doing like 5x the healing of the next healer, and 99% of it was PWS, then they changed it to favor the absorb mechanic of the fight, and it went waaaaaay down, and is now inaccurate the OTHER way.

Don't trust meters on that fight ... you're still doing as much (or more) "healing" as a holy priest spamming renew, or a druid spamming rejuv.

Quote Originally Posted by Iera
    I know it doesn't matter as long as mana isn't an issue. I'm just pointing out the stupidity of people who think pure HPS is the best/only stat to judge a healer by.
    Shammy healer that does 5k HPS with 60% overheals vs. Priest that does 3k HPS with 15% overheals. In this case the Priest has done more effective healing than the Shammy. Or maybe I just didn't pay attention at math class.
    As far as I know, recount (and every other addon/parse etc) checks effective healing and over healing. I think WoL or WWS allows you to combine the two, but recount does not. So when you see on recount that 60% over healing and 15%, it means the Shammy did 60% of all the over healing on that fight. That means if the group did 2k hps, he was doing an additional 1.2k hps, or a total of 6.2k. The priest would have done a total of 3.3k.

All your going to get to get on Priest forums is: Meh, pugs always say Disc sucks, it's actually really strong.

The reality: You were doing Toravon, so raid shielding is pretty decent, but depending on the raid setup you could have been doing your job incorrectly. How many Druids and Holy Priests did you have? At least 2? If so then you were probably fine. If you didn't have a couple of solid raid healers then you were most likely at fault. Disc is strong primarily due to a synergy with other healers. In the case of raid shielding that synergy is with Holy Priests and Resto Druids, and to some extent Resto Shaman (primarily on melee in this fight).

Side note: Skada and RecountGuessedAbsorbs do not give an accurate picture of how much you benefited the raid on most encounters and Toravon isn't an exception. While the raid leader and his guildies might have been on the green side, they were also right for taking Skada's healing report with a grain of salt.

Neera I've had the same thing happen to me a few times in VOA and ICC10/25 and it's true people need someone to blame when they wipe. Recount has everyone just looking at numbers, but just keep defending yourself. Another good point was try to find a raiding guild that understands the power of disc priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom
    As far as I know, recount (and every other addon/parse etc) checks effective healing and over healing. I think WoL or WWS allows you to combine the two, but recount does not. So when you see on recount that 60% over healing and 15%, it means the Shammy did 60% of all the over healing on that fight. That means if the group did 2k hps, he was doing an additional 1.2k hps, or a total of 6.2k. The priest would have done a total of 3.3k.
    If this is the case, I stand corrected and will shut up from now on :'(.

"The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster."

First off, healing can be pretty intense at the end of the frost boss in VoA but I'd say almost all the wipes I've been in is do to range either not taking the orbs down fast enough or not pulling hem away from the melée.

Secondly, anyone that relies on healing meters is out right wrong. Healing meters can show you if you're trying or not. It'll show if someone is just standing around but it doesn't show you're ability to heal. Dps meters are all based around one thing, dps. It's all the same on the long run. Every healing class heals differenty and it's impossible to show the "best" healer based on one chart without taking pure heals, over heals, hots, absorbs, etc into consideration.

Don't get down on yourself and let the ignorant stay ignorant. There's nothing you can do to change their stubburn minds. As long as you're doing what you need to do and you know you have the gear/skill for the encouter then you're golden.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.