Targeting dummys and boomkin DPS...

I'm getting back into boomkin raiding and have been practicing against the heroic targeting dummy to work on my rotation. However, I can't seem to consistantly outdo 5.2-5.7K DPS according to Skada.

My rotation is: FF-Wrath (gets Earth and Moon up)- Starfall - Treants - IS- MF - Wrath until Lunar - Starfire during Lunar - refresh DOTS - Starfire until Solar - Wrath during Solar- refresh DOTS - repeat with treants and starfall going up during the eclipse breaks.

My main question on the rotation is in the event of a seemless transition from Lunar-Solar or Solar-Lunar do I want to refresh expired DOTS and lose a few GCD's of Eclipse in the process? I currently run a macro to cast my MF and IS, should I use separate buttons?

For addons I run Squawk and Awe and WiseEclipse (though I hear the later may be useless now after 3.3).

I'm hit capped and have hit the haste soft cap of 400 and an unbuffed crit rating ~29% with Mark of the Wild as my only buff.

My armory is: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Beaverhero

Is wanting more DPS against a targeting dummy reasonable without the raid buffs and the shammy haste totem? I've seen Boomkins do 7.5k DPS against the likes of Toravon and that is where I feel I should be to compete in ICC10/25.

I do realize that my 219 cape could use a +23 haste enchant, but I don't think that is my main problem as I am soft-capped there anyway. I would also like to find replacements for my relatvely low item level leggings, cape and ring (though I'm thinking of eating 200g and swapping my healing Ashen Verdict ring for the caster DPS variety). I have a ton of Triumph badges but am having trouble finding badge and crafted upgrades with +hit.

Any advice?

Re: Targeting dummys and boomkin DPS...

I usually try to avoid doing too many things at once between eclipses, so as to not loose natures grace. However, when you refresh your dots and such depends on your eclipse up-time. Also remember that in a raid environment you will gain a lot of crit (somewhere around 10%, cant remember details) which will increase your eclipse uptime and in turn increase your dps by quite a lot.

Do not use a macro to refresh dots, as they should be refreshed individually. Remember that moonfire lasts between 12 and 21sec, and IS only lasts 12sek. I usually refresh them as soon as they run out, unless I only have 1 cast left of eclipse and will lose it if I refresh, except not always bothering with IS on lunar eclipse. Depends on the situation.

Could do a crit/hit enchant on boots... Other than that, I'd suggest getting some more spellpower as it is your lowest stat compared to haste/crit.

Anyway, if you do 5k dps on a target dummy solo you should manage 7k in a standstill raidencounter...

Thank you.

I'll take the moonfire priority during an eclipse advice to heart. Hopefully I'll be ICC raid-worthy with a couple more hours of practice on that dummy. Too bad only a couple of the ICC bosses are going to let me get away with standing and collecting maximum DPS

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Starfall change in 3.3.3 does to my overall DPS

I just may have to glyph into starfall instead of IS now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoe
    Could do a crit/hit enchant on boots...
    This is not good advice. You need runspeed enchant. I made the period bold.
    Ignore the 401 haste cap. Just erase that from your memory. You WILL be passing it, and intentionally gimping your character to avoid that is nonsense.

Your spec is hurting. Moonglow is a total waste of talent points in gear past naxx level. 2/2 Imp Moonfire and 1/5 Genesis would be the highest dps path into tier 3. You also only took 2/3 improved insect swarm so you could get 2/2 Gale Winds. While gale winds is nice for trash and 5 mans, it is not going to improve your damage on a raid boss (or target dummy).

Quote Originally Posted by Civ
    This is not good advice. You need runspeed enchant. I made the period bold.
    Ignore the 401 haste cap. Just erase that from your memory. You WILL be passing it, and intentionally gimping your character to avoid that is nonsense.

Your spec is hurting. Moonglow is a total waste of talent points in gear past naxx level. 2/2 Imp Moonfire and 1/5 Genesis would be the highest dps path into tier 3. You also only took 2/3 improved insect swarm so you could get 2/2 Gale Winds. While gale winds is nice for trash and 5 mans, it is not going to improve your damage on a raid boss (or target dummy).

Would keeping Typhoon around be a good idea for Saurfang?

Typhoon is a go! Not just for saurfang, but you can use it to proc natures grace+omen of doom before hurricane(glyphed to remove knockback) and it will feel like you had 2/2 gale winds still. I also use it as another button to push when I have to move and starfall / dots are taken care of, every little bit helps. Just carry a stack of the typhoon glyph around, as you will be removing it and replacing it kind of often.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero
    Would keeping Typhoon around be a good idea for Saurfang?
    For heroic? Absolutely.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted

On a sidenote, WiseEclipse does nothing at all for you these days. May as well remove it