Warrior Tanking in Halls of Reflection

I don't have trouble tanking any other dungeons except Halls of Reflection. Is there a secret to it or is it just a difficult place to tank? Any tips would be awesome.

Re: Warrior Tanking in Halls of Reflection

Use CC.

You actually use the alcoves as LoS pulls, to get all the mobs together, makes it significantly easier.

simple enough

yeah CC is nice when u have it, ehm the way i tank it is, i have the group start out at the gate LK walks out of, but generally i use most of the room.

when the adds spawn, i pick up the melee and tank em at the Mage / hunter, if you have both a mage and a hunter, i either shield bash or heroic throw the mage so it runs to the grp, using the most of the room, fuck that LOS shit, the retards in random heroics never understands what it is anyway.

and ofc see if u can make the grp understand that they have to dps the same target, i usually use the killorder merc -> priest -> mage-> footman -> hunter, its ez, tho dont count on ur dps to understand what a killorder is.

oh and then i pray the healer isnt some mindless freak that cant ourheal the dmg which the grp takes on the 1st boss.

the rest is just faceroll.

this post probably didnt learn you anything, im a bad teacher, but i tried. GL

Quote Originally Posted by Fenga
    yeah CC is nice when u have it, ehm the way i tank it is, i have the group start out at the gate LK walks out of, but generally i use most of the room.

when the adds spawn, i pick up the melee and tank em at the Mage / hunter, if you have both a mage and a hunter, i either shield bash or heroic throw the mage so it runs to the grp, using the most of the room, fuck that LOS shit, the retards in random heroics never understands what it is anyway.

and ofc see if u can make the grp understand that they have to dps the same target, i usually use the killorder merc -> priest -> mage-> footman -> hunter, its ez, tho dont count on ur dps to understand what a killorder is.

oh and then i pray the healer isnt some mindless freak that cant ourheal the dmg which the grp takes on the 1st boss.

the rest is just faceroll.

this post probably didnt learn you anything, im a bad teacher, but i tried. GL
    This ^ is the reason I do HoR with my guild

The most fun I've had in HoR was with a warrior tank, everyone in the party standing in the middle of the room, everyone playing intelligently. Warriors are so mobile that between his pingponging around to shepherd the mobs and some judicious CC and the DPS not stupidly aggroing off-targets it was incredibly smooth. I hate the alcoves because they're so confined - it's much harder to see what's going on, and if something goes wrong not only is it harder to see but it's also harder to move appropriately. With a group that's not smart enough to pay attention and attack the appropriate targets and use the abilities of their classes, though, it's easier to hide in the corner and make all the mobs bunch up and AoE them and hope that nothing goes wrong.

I see lots of Warriors failing on this. If they are new to it (HoR) wouldn't the LOS be better? I (as hunter) usually stay on the opposite side in FD between pulls.

I then hop up MD tagging as many as I can and FT any loose ones.

Sometimes it works most times it fails.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

The alcove strat is only good if your healer is above average and has decent AoE heals.
    If you are packed there you often have no way out of the mage/priest AoE.

As warrior I prefer to have everyone stand back as much as possible near the door, while I stand watching them somewhere halfway through the center of the room. I focus my attention to the two/three adds popping near the group. The 'back' ones will take an extra second or two to get in range.

Charge the most dangerous one (mercenary/footman), tclap, turn around and the ones coming from the back will be on you. Time for your shockwave.
    Mage and to a lesser extend hunter can be picked up a bit later (but don't ignore them, mage+hunt on your heal is devastating). Always make sure melee (including priest) is on you first.

Always have everybody go back to their initial position after pulls (make sure you don't finish with a mirror image, those don't count for next wave popping).

If something goes wrong (usually lag or rage starving at the time the 'back' mobs arrive), intervene the heal who should be in range at that time.
    If something goes really wrong, intimidating shout.

By far my favorite strat. I get less and less surprises with it.

BTW HoR is the only fun 5-man to tank. The 'gather-and-aoe' gets quickly very very boring.

I've always thought HoR was a warrior's time to shine. My tips for tanking HHoR as a warrior...

Use one of the three alcoves (sides or door) to funnel mobs so they proximity aggro on you first. However, there's no reason to stay in there beyond the first five/ten seconds of the fight while you get the melee mobs on you. Once you have them, charge a ranged. Spreading out a bit so flamestrikes don't catch more than one person at a time is good.

Heroic Throw mages, Disarm Riflemen. If you've got cc (Priests shackle, ret repent) use 'em on these two.

My personal kill order: Priests, Mercs, Footmen/Riflemen, Mages. Priests are an obvious first - a knockback shadow nova that interrupts casting, a stun, and 60k heals? Mercs stack poisons and will shadowstep and kidney shot random targets. I know a lot of people prioritize Mages much higher, but here's my reasoning. Mages summon their hallucination at half health with another half-bar of health. This gives them half again as much health as the other mobs, and while both hallucination and mage are alive makes them twice as dangerous. Plus, as a Warrior you have spell reflect. Best to save them for last.

Falric can be disarmed. Great way to cut down on his incoming damage during those painful last few moments. Also, if you jump up on the altar in the middle, his terror effect won't send you running - I recommend healers and ranged do this too so nobody goes out of range of the healer.

For the gauntlet, picking up and holding the aboms and facing them away from the group so they don't cleave/vomit on people is your first priority. Tell the dps to kill the Witch Doctors first, though. If you Heroic Throw one, follow it up with a taunt so they don't go bash a dps's head in while silenced. You end up immobile once you have the aboms because moving them is a recipe to get a someone flattened/spewed on.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

L2P
    Ive seen tons and tons of paladins trying to tank it using the 'HIDE BEHIND CORNER!!' tactic and without using that tactic, i tank it alot better on my warrior. while they are spawning, look what classes they are, and how they are positioned. heroic throw the mage, leave the hunter up for a sec, taunt a nearby footman or rogue, time ur thunder clap to pickup all most in melee range (priest, the mage, rogue and footman) after which you charge the hunter and shockwave the whole bunch.

make sure your dps arent complete retards single target dpsing, cause that will make it pretty untankable. instruct them to hold dps till you rounded them up and tell them to preferably aoe.