Transitioning from Arms to Fury...?

First of all, I -love- Arms in PvE. It's just plain old fun. My DPS isn't bad, but compared to the rogues and the death knights, the fury warrior, and one really, really good enhance shaman, I'm at the bottom of the barrel in the melee deeps department most of the time.

What buffs I bring to the raid (Trauma and Blood Frenzy) will soon be taken care of by other people (always running with a druid tank, so mangle is up, and one of the rogues is ready to go combat so Blood Frenzy will be gone too). As I stand now, I'm needed for Blood Frenzy, but once I'm not, the only realistic option would be to roll fury.

Now, I haven't been fury for a long time, but from what I've seen and read, all the cool kids go for arpen these days anyways, so I'm thinking my gear would be no serious issue of changing about besides probably jumping back to all arpen gems (and glyphs, but doesn't really need to be said...)

With that splurgin' out of the way, here's me armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Cartel&cn=Rik

So now I pose some questions:

1) If I were to roll fury, what should I change about my gear (besides trinkets and that god damned cloak, don't even speak about it pl0x) to max what deeps I could get?

2) Cookie Cutter spec, or should I change it up a bit to get unbridled wrath (I mean, would I really have rage issues)?

3) Anyone want try persuading me with reasons why I should stay Arms? T_T

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Transitioning from Arms to Fury...?

As fury you can drop about 3% hit and you will definitely want to try as hard as you can to reach 60-70% or higher passive ARP. Buy the 60 frost badge ArP cloak as you don't need Exp really as your are capped without Weapons Mastery right now anyways. Your trinkets look fine but getting DBW to replace that NES would be good.

Go look at the Warrior FAQ on EJ for the current cookie cutter spec, which includes unbridled wrath 5/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

You love arms, and your gear and your playstyle fit more the whack a mole type play?

From a progression standpoint, yes fury should technically be more personal dps. None of this means that YOU will see an increase however. Play the way you want, and the way you need to feel good about your performance in this hobby of all of ours called wow. You already know what you want to do, you want to switch to fury to try it...so try it, give it a good solid go at it (pot up...etc). Don't give yourself any excuses. Do it for a couple weeks...switching gear around to more resemble a lower hit req and a higher Exp req. Reassess in a few weeks...and make your decision yourself.

Don't forget to run your recount ;D and let us all know how it goes.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Gem wise you'll be fine keeping all that arp, so you shouldn't have to make many adjustments gear wise. You can drop some hit, though hit isn't as terribly important for fury as it is arms, but you'll need to pick up some expertise as you'll be dropping strength of arms.

The biggest challenge I went through when I swapped from arms to fury, was the whole watching your rage thing. Arms is cooldown limited, while fury isn't, but instead you need ot make sure you're chaining heroic strikes/cleaves at the right point, usually 50/60 rage+, making sure you can always WW and bloodthirst as soon as they become available.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns
    The biggest challenge I went through when I swapped from arms to fury, was the whole watching your rage thing. Arms is cooldown limited, while fury isn't, but instead you need ot make sure you're chaining heroic strikes/cleaves at the right point, usually 50/60 rage+, making sure you can always WW and bloodthirst as soon as they become available.
    This is fury dps. The most part of fury is really faceroll, but the rage/swing management aspect is what separates the high-end from the mediocre.