Thread: A ponderance

A ponderance

Hmmm... Did anyone else see the blue post about upcoming ptr changes... one of which indicated there being charges to natures grasp..

Re: A ponderance

I saw that, starting to hope for a change... seeing as they have addressed the problem with natures grace. The way it's said only sounds like a nerf, but I'm guessing it'll be a change for the good. Can't wait for more info/patch notes.

Deleted

I dont recall seeing anything about Nature's Grace. Nature's Grasp, however, could be interesting to look at. From a moonkin perspective:

- Last week, ghostcrawler commented in two moonkin suggestion threads, passing on suggestions to make Owlkin Frenzy a use ability and one to change Glyph of Wrath.
    - He acknowledged that moonkin damage is too dependant on eclipse, and that it might hurt "too much" at times.
    - They want to give moonkins some burst in PvP, which might spill over to PvE.
    - He is hinting that Nature's Grasp will be changed to something with charges.

So lets come up with some wild assumptions. The clear idea would be that Nature's Grasp can root several times, so if you are being chased, you pop Grasp and root several people, or the same person many times. However, there is a number of melee and ranged stuns to keep us close, and with diminishing returns (i assume they are active for NGra as well), it might not be all that hot.

Another idea is to have it work like Inner Fire for priests, and get a spell power increase. That seems like kind of a too static increase for this time in the expansion, but its a quick fix none the less.

Lastly, and this was suggested to me by another moonkin, maybe it will modify our spells - next five starfires will be instant and have a 100% crit or something. Something that gives burst in pvp, and lets us pick up our damage in pve. We might use it to proc solar eclipse quickly, but finish off with a bunch of starfire crits - i mean, who knows.

Post your wild ideas and crazy assumptions! Two cookies to whoever guesses correctly! :P

here's hopin for a cower change, and a new bear aoe or multitarget spell.

For Nature's Grasp, I'm thinking something along the lines of the same exact spell, which now has the ability to proc 3 times over it's 45 second duration, with an ICD on procs of 5-10 seconds. That way it's not wasted on a rogue who stunlocks you right next to him while he's rooted, and can outlast a pally's HoFreedom.

Wilder ideas for the burst option would be that your trees each apply a stacking debuff with their melee swings that increases damage taken/chance to be crit by a percentage. Either one, the other, or some awesome combination of both? If it's going to spill over into PvE it would have to be a baseline ability of the Treants. TYhe debuff would be something like...

Fury of the Wild

Increases [spell damage taken/chance to be crit by spells] by 5%.

It would be able to stack somewhere between 3 and 5, and last 10 seconds, refreshing with each hit.

I think I'd need achange of pants at something even close to that. Which is why I don't expect anything like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Was a bit annoyed when I read grace instead of grasp, sorry for my previous post :P