Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Wandering Plague on Deathbringer

I checked last night, Wandering Plague hits for 75-100ish on beasts, with 25% less threat it comes down to let's say 50-75 threat. Even a threat-reduction-specced-healer will do more threat.
    So that's just like Heart Strike, the threat is so incredibly LOW, nobody should care about it.

If the beasts stay near the melee group, OR the tanks fucked up by using a high threat AOE ability, OR the ranged are just playing shit.

I still watch my heart strike when bloodbeasts spawn because the cleave hit CAN proc sudden doom and that gets me aggro from the mobs very easily.

And by "watch" I mean wait a half second when I know beasts are coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn
    I still watch my heart strike when bloodbeasts spawn because the cleave hit CAN proc sudden doom and that gets me aggro from the mobs very easily.

And by "watch" I mean wait a half second when I know beasts are coming up.
    I've never played blood myself. But yeah, if Sudden Death can proc on the 2nd target, then it will count as a single target attack and will do full damage, so you don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageloins
    It shouldn't be an issue at all. Not only do I have Wandering Plague in my build, but I pestilence my diseases to the blood beasts when they come up to provide both the magic debuff for our casters and the diseases damage buff for our spriests. You should also be spec'd into Subtlety to reduce your threat, if you aren't already. Honestly, if Wandering Plague is causing aggro problems, someone else in your raid isn't doing their job.
    ^^ This

The beasts already have a significant damage reduction to disease damage (and aoe i think). If you're pulling agro with wandering plague then your ranged dps fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

mate really, if you cant have that speced on him without getting aggro from the adds the ranged are failing. i can easy do everything in that fight as UH, but bloods might fail with hearstrike.

i am even spreading out my diseases when the adds spawns so they are taking even more damage still they are all getting sorted very quickly and doesnt hit me at all
    Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!

Beasts have "tough skin" buff that:

Reduces disease damage taken by 70%.
    Reduces AoE damage taken by 95%.

Your blood boil isn't worth the runes. Pestilence is only important because of ebon plague. If you ever succeed in pulling threat on beasts as a DK, every single ranged dps class and the healer paladins in the raid deserve a kick in the nuts for slacking in a hardcore fashion.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

i had wandering plague proc quite a few times in saurfang, never was a problem. i always pestilence aswell for the increased magic damage taken and cause it does (i think) slightly more damage then blood striking. i even had wandering plague proc of 2 beasts thus damaging saurfang once...probably more but noticed it that time.