relic/range slot idea's for cata

*edit* I made some more examples, and gave a better explanation on how every item would work. The old post is still down here, the new one is below, under the big edit. *edit*

so i had some ideas to make these gear parts a bit more interesting.
    ofc for DK's/Druids/pala's/shammies the current items are quite nice, but for the other classes its just a stat stick so:

Warriors: Banners
    I stole the biggest part of this idea from someone else, but i thought it was realy great.
    Banners wil be used in 3 diffrent ways.
    1: planting it on the ground, giving an aoe buff to the raid.
    (This effect ofcourse is diffrent for every banner. If you have a prot banner it could direct some of the threat to him/her, and if its a dps banner it could give passive AP or something)
    2: throwing it to your enemy, dealing demage and giving a debuff. The banner wil be unusable for the duration of the debuff.
    (This effect is also diffrent for every banner. Think of a attack power/speed debuff for prot, or a bleed or damage taken debuff for dps warriors)
    3: holded on back by the warrior (like in WSG as flag carrier now) giving an on use or proc effect for the warrior. (simalar to relics of other classes now)

Rogues: Throw weapons
    Only rogues will be using these weapons.
    And throwing them will have a CD, but give a debuff to the target, could also have a proc/use effect like relics for other classes have now.

clothies (mage/priest/warlock): Wands
    Yes i know they have wands now, but they could be far more interesting. Im thinking something like these casters actualy cast their spells by using their wand. And by doing this, the spells get an extra bonus. Less mana cost, more damage, chance of something, stuff like that.

Hunters: they will still be using guns/xbows/bows
    but their ammo could be diffrent like blizzard said they wanted to do. Something like a poison like rogues have. These poisons could be a stacking dot, a attack power/speed decrease, a crippeling. They could also make one of your aiblities a bit stronger, or have a chance on hit effect.

I think this will make every class a bit more diferce, and a little more interesting. And all classes will have a class only thing (except the casters, they share) Wich could be purchased with emblems, or dropt with a token or something

Anyone with more ideas or improvements to this? please post them ^^.

Edit

Warrior banner.
    The Equip effect will always be active when the banner isn't on CD.
    When the banner is thrown (by using a new skill/a modified heroic throw) or planted (by using the banner) a 45 second cooldown will be activated.
    After these 45 seconds the banner can be thrown or planted again. Or just holded to make use of the equip effect.

preview:

Frontline Banner.
    binds on pickup
    banner
    Requires level 85

Equip: When you are hit by a melee or ranged attack, you have a chance to restore X hp.
    Use: All damage taken by group or raid members within X yards is decreased by 10%. lasts 10 seconds.
    Throw: Taunts the target, dealing X damage, and Y damage to all enemies within Z yards.

Caster's wands.

When a wand is equiped, your spells will be casted by using this wand. This ofcourse should have a driffrent animation then when your shooting with the wand. Casting spells with the wand will give the spell a unique effect, that benefits the caster. Also shooting with the wand could have a special effect.

preview:

Wand of faith
    bind on pickup
    Wand
    800-1200 1.50 speed
    (666.7 dps)
    Requires level 85

Equip: Spells cast with this wand have a chance to shield the target for 20% of the amount healed within 10 seconds of the initial heal. (internal CD of 45 seconds, just like trinkets)
    Shoot: With this wand you are also able to shoot friendly targets, this will heal them for 80% of the damage it would deal to an enemy.

Hunters ranged weapons.

instead of having both a weapon and ammo, i would like to have the ammo included in the weapon, and remove the stats from the ranged weapon (to make it more simular to other classes their "relics") The ammo would have an effect, that can be aplied to the weapon by using something like runeforging of deathknights, or something like the old rogue's poison making. Some of these effects could be limited to either (cross)bows or guns.

Preview:

Cryptstalkers Bow
    Bind on pickup
    ranged
    1315-1745 3.00 speed
    (510 damage per second)
    Requires level 85

Ammo effect: Serpent's poison
    Your projectiles have a chance to apply Serpent's poison to the target, increasing the damage taken from your serpent sting by 20%, and dealing X damage over 15 seconds.

other possible Ammo effects:
    bullets of blistering speed: (guns only) Your gun's speed is increased by 0.20, and your auto shots have a chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.
    Flare rounds: (guns only) Your auto shots have a chance to deal X fire damage over 20 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.
    Sharpend arrows: ((cross)bows only) Your auto shots have a chance to wound your target. Wounded targets are slowed, and bleed for X damage over 15 seconds.
    Explosive charge: (both) Auto shots deal 10% damage as fire damage, and deal 30% damage to all nearby targets.
    split-shots: (both) Auto shots deal 80% damage to max 2 enemies near your target.

Rogue throw weapons.

These weapons will be thrown by a spell with a cooldown of 45 seconds or so. They can't be thrown from melee range (like ranged weapons now) but they can be thrown in stealth, if the target isnt in combat, he will face the side you are standing, (can be used as distrection aswell). It's primary use will be to pull targets out of a croud, or to finish them off when they run away. These throw weapons will have a special effect aswell, these effects could also give a debuff to the target usefull for bossfights etc.

preview:

bloodfang throwstar
    Bind on pickup
    throw
    1200-1600 damage
    requires level 85

use: Wounds the target, bleed effects will deal 20% more damage for the rest of the fight.

other effects could be:
    Deals tripple damage if the target is under 20% HP
    Blinds the target, making him/her unable to detect you if your stealthed. Your next attack on this target will have 100% extra crit chance, if you come out of stealth by using this attack.
    Applies cripeling poison to the target. Your poisons will have an additional 15% chance to be applied, and will be 20% more effective. lasts for the rest of the fight.

Maybe these effects could be applied to the weapon by the rogue, the same way i discripted for hunters.

my appologies for my bad spelling/grammar, english isnt my first language as you probably have noticed ^^

tanx for reading, I would love to hear what you guys think about this, and any tips/suggestions you might have.

www.explosm.net

Re: relic/range slot idea's for cata

Kuddo's for you, sir!

I like your idea's of the special weapon slot. I always wanted arrows that cause poison, frost or fire to the target as hunter being.

Now that heroic throw has been implemented, I think Blizz should relook at warriors. Maybe make heroic throw a lvl20 trained spell (since that's when we get tank stance and shield quest) - and then give us banners like the blademasters from WC3

While I do agree that there needs to be more to your ranged slot than just a stat stick you're kind of treading over stuff that has already been handled.

Warriors, the banner well that's pretty much our shouts. I'd just prefer better itemization of our ranged slot for tanking and for tanking ranged weapons to include procs that function on melee hits.

Hunters, I believe they've said that "ammo" will be changed by your various aspects, but I can't remember.

Rogues should definitely be allowed to apply their poisons to their ranged weapon if it's thrown too.

Anyway, sorry that I pee'd in your cherrios.

Hell, I'd love an enchant for my wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Totle
    Now that heroic throw has been implemented, I think Blizz should relook at warriors. Maybe make heroic throw a lvl20 trained spell (since that's when we get tank stance and shield quest) - and then give us banners like the blademasters from WC3
    Isnt the tank stance at level 10 ^^?

i do agree, I like the idea of some kind of banner for warriors, seems quite fitting for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    While I do agree that there needs to be more to your ranged slot than just a stat stick you're kind of treading over stuff that has already been handled.

Warriors, the banner well that's pretty much our shouts. I'd just prefer better itemization of our ranged slot for tanking and for tanking ranged weapons to include procs that function on melee hits.

Hunters, I believe they've said that "ammo" will be changed by your various aspects, but I can't remember.

Rogues should definitely be allowed to apply their poisons to their ranged weapon if it's thrown too.

Anyway, sorry that I pee'd in your cherrios.
    ye, i already said in my original post that ammo will be changed, but i just tried to make it a bit more clear how i would like this new ammo to work.
    Poison to rogues' throw weapons would be better indeed. But i'd still like it more if its a single, effective throw on a CD. Wich could be used to pull mobs out of a croud, of finish a mob or player off who's trying to run away. And diffrent poisons could have diffrent effects on hit. I want the CD, because rogues arnt a ranged class, the throw is just a nice extra
    And for the banners, the aoe buff effect is indeed quite simular to shouts, but there could be more interesting effects then just AP or HP buff, as i described in my exemple.

off-topic:
    its oke, i never eat cherrios anyway ^^

www.explosm.net

sorry, but im ganna bump this, i would like to see some more reactions after my edit
    hope its not against any rules.

www.explosm.net