Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 3/3 Vitality +3% HP in 3.3.3

meh...no big deal...like ICC tanks need more HP. Do like the Dev nad TC buffs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckles
    I'm not going to do the math but uhm, should there also be the all famous

Druid Bear: Add something stupid crazy amount of stamina: 53,000 HP
    Should be more in the 65-70k zone. Still, we druids don't get a buff/nerf in HPs at that patch. So yeah, irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    interesting...

if we take a plate tank with 4K stamina after buffs, but before talents and without gunslot and 5K base HP (45K HP) and calculate for each tank:

warrior: add 70 STAM from the gun (4070 stam) and add 9%, we get 4,436 STAM, or 49,360 HP.

paladin: add 4% STAM, and 6% STAM: 4,409 STAM, or 49,090 HP.

death knight: add 3% from VotTW (all tanks are blood) and 8% from frost presence: 4449 STAM or 49,490 HP.

edit: this means that tank HP is balanced yet again. DK's still have the most, but warriors should no longer feel neglected.

and paladins still have the biggest real HP bar, due to ardent defender (which gives us an extra 7% HP)
    I might be completely wrong, but paladins gain 8% and 6% not 4% and 6%.

And if i'm missing something please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taun
    I might be completely wrong, but paladins gain 8% and 6% not 4% and 6%.

And if i'm missing something please correct me.
    That used to be the case, it's down to 4+6 now. Paladins will be the lowest HP tanks with the patch, but due to AD it's still balanced when it comes to EH.

then tooltips on armory talent is outdated? sacred duty is 4% with 2 talent points and combat expertise is %6 with 3 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhammer
    then tooltips on armory talent is outdated? sacred duty is 4% with 2 talent points and combat expertise is %6 with 3 points?
    Yes it is then.

lazy blizz not fixing those making people get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhammer
    lazy blizz not fixing those making people get confused.
    Being changed tomorrow

[qupte]Sacred Duty: Tooltip corrected to indicate increases Stamina by 2/4%.[/quote]

now vitality needs fixing on armory ;D

We are still in need of some major buff´s.
    Paladins have soo many buff´s (more healing, more health whem hit a % of the life and so goes on)
    DK´s soo much life, armor, great dmg.

Warrior was the best tank fo rthe survivability, cd, but who need CD if you can get much more extra heals as a paladin, and in figths that we need soo much dps, warrior tanks are soo terrible dps.

Blizzard have to improve our dps at least, not giving us a 20% dmg retribution whem they hit us a 2 points talent if we just have the paladin retribution aura.

So this 3% buff, helps, but dont means a shit, i would say better have those 3% now them never.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshill
    Paladins have soo many buff´s (more healing, more health whem hit a % of the life and so goes on)

Warrior was the best tank fo rthe survivability, cd, but who need CD if you can get much more extra heals as a paladin, and in figths that we need soo much dps, warrior tanks are soo terrible dps.

Blizzard have to improve our dps at least, not giving us a 20% dmg retribution whem they hit us a 2 points talent if we just have the paladin retribution aura.

So this 3% buff, helps, but dont means a shit, i would say better have those 3% now them never.
    The healing talent isn't used by the top protadin spec cos all it gives is overheals. And last time I checked, a tanks job is getting pummeled and living through that, not dpsing. Paladin's dps isn't that much higher on single target tanking, and on trash it really doesn't matter.

I can pull 3-4k on Emalon adds cos I usually tank all 4 by myself. Useful? Hardly. A nuisance in fact, I find myself killing one (or two in 10man) just as dps kills the overloaded one, have fun picking them up.

I suppose warriors could use some better AoE threat with today's dps (deep wounds is shit, I don't care what anyone says, ~100dmg ticks IF you crit is fuck all worth) though the new revenge talent is pretty much a free cleave and works quite nicely.

As for single targets, the 0.5-1k dps more a Protadin will pull will rarely make the difference between kill and wipe. The dps is either so high that tanks' dps is negligible, or so low that if you doubled the tank's output it still would be a wipe.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Doomwise

Enjoying the WoW adventure since June 07. With friends. Always for fun. The way I like it.

I thought this was patch 3.3.3, not way back or none existing patches... dunno :S

If you think warriors are in need of buffs you are clueless.

Do you even play a warrior? If so, is it in more than just 5 man PUGs once a week? I mean seriously, you sound like you don't even play one, yet alone the newer 3.3.3 warrior. These buffs we just received were all welcomed. And my health and dps went up enough to make me notice.
    We aren't Paladins and wanting us to be exactly like them is dumb. Just play a paladin if you want to match their style. Better yet, maybe you should go back to your DK... I know you have one.

Welcome to MMO-Champion's forums. That said, you're wrong. Warrior tanking is fine...threat is in a great place, EH is in line with everyone else, our CD are fine especially talented and glyphed. Having problems with any of the aformentioned topics, and you should start reading up a little more...cause your doing it wrong.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS
    Do you even play a warrior? If so, is it in more than just 5 man PUGs once a week? I mean seriously, you sound like you don't even play one, yet alone the newer 3.3.3 warrior. These buffs we just received were all welcomed. And my health and dps went up enough to make me notice.
    We aren't Paladins and wanting us to be exactly like them is dumb. Just play a paladin if you want to match their style. Better yet, maybe you should go back to your DK... I know you have one.
    This. I swapped to my warr tank as my main a few weeks ago and they're really in a good place 8)

/agree with Bat

I just got almost 2k more health unbuffed, and a free cleave.

Pre-3.3.3, single target, no-one could pull threat from me, unless they taunted, or were in much better gear.

For fester, i have to switch to b-stance and stand still when the other tank taunts off me (i know encounter mechanics, and buffs, blah blah blah) to not immediately yank threat back.

The only time any decent warrior had issues with AOE tanking in WOTLK is with more than 4 mobs, and dps that all pick separate targets. Even then, we have tools in our arsenal to make it work.

If a tank is supposed to heal, then give him healing gear, and make him heal himself.

If a tank is supposed to be beat on, survive, and hold aggro... welcome to WoW.

First off, yes, these buffs were very overdue after so many nerfs. I do not think we have been or are a "broken" class. Pre 3.3.3 our DK tank only had my health beat by 1.5k or so. The real buff was not the health. I never had a problem without the 3%. What they really buffed was our AoE abilities and our threat a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    our CD are fine especially talented and glyphed.
    I run without either the SW or LS glyphs, and I have not once had a problem. (Pre 3.3.3 as well)

edit: @ bullshill

You can whine and cry that we are inferior to the other tanks, or you can sit back and enjoy your warrior as you smoke everyone on single target threat and survivability. Also a question, since when is a tank concerned about his DPS? If a tanks dps makes or breaks your raid you are doing something wrong.

These buffs made me a happy panda, the other tanks didn't get that happy though! (only warr tank in guild atm)
    I got a fat 1.2k extra health for free! ;D

Deleted

1.5k free hp and Revenge magically turning into a good button to push? Where do I sign?

Oh, wait, I don't have to sign anything. Thanks, Blizz!