Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ferocious Inspiration+steady shot change

Hunter (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Beast Mastery
    • Ferocious Inspiration: This ability is now an aura and provides 1/2/3% damage to all party or raid members within 100 yards and boosts the damage of Steady Shot by 3/6/9%.
    They nerfed the steady shot dmg by removing 10% Attack power. how many % loss was that? does this seem to buff BM enough to make it viable again?

Re: Ferocious Inspiration+steady shot change

are you talking about the nerf during the Naxx days?
    I'm pretty sure that was like a 50% ap scaling nerf..
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik
    are you talking about the nerf during the Naxx days?
    I'm pretty sure that was like a 50% ap scaling nerf..
    well yeh, 50% if you look at it where SS used 20% of our total AP and they nerfed it to only use 10% of our AP. so technically 50%

Quote Originally Posted by B@nj0 P3do
    well yeh, 50% if you look at it where SS used 20% of our total AP and they nerfed it to only use 10% of our AP. so technically 50%
    Spec BM, check how much of your total damage is from steady shot, find out how much extra damage 9% extra steady shot would be, voila, you now know if it brings it up to viable.

Mmm and here I was excited to see what changes they had planned in the blue post earlier.

live : Ferocious Inspiration: When your pet scores a critical hit, all party and raid members have all damage increased by1/2/3% for 10 sec. In addition, increases the damage dealt by Arcane Shot by 3/6/9%.
    ptr : Ferocious Inspiration: This ability is now an aura and provides 1/2/3% damage to all party or raid members within 100 yards and boosts the damage of Steady Shot by 3/6/9%.

so 9% arcane dmg for 9% steady dmg.not a very big buff

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xelagn
    Myes, dat is true /shrug

live : Ferocious Inspiration: When your pet scores a critical hit, all party and raid members have all damage increased by1/2/3% for 10 sec. In addition, increases the damage dealt by Arcane Shot by 3/6/9%.
    ptr : Ferocious Inspiration: This ability is now an aura and provides 1/2/3% damage to all party or raid members within 100 yards and boosts the damage of Steady Shot by 3/6/9%.

ICC25 BM hunters will find themselves at the ArP hard cap or close, steady shot should be hitting harder for them than arcane shot, even with the talents. I expect this to be a decent damage boost for BM, probably not to bring it up to MM level, but it might actually be better than SV now (it was only trailing SV by 2 percent or so).

Hey, but this means that they are LOOKING at it atleast! Heres hoping I can pull out my dinosaur in ICC come patch 3.3.3!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

im excited... i will definitely try this spec out. im at close to 1200 arm pen so i would suspect that steady shot would be hitting much harder.

15+ Year Old Account

It is when you consider that high end geared BM does not even use Arcane Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    It is when you consider that high end geared BM does not even use Arcane Shot.
    Exactly. I am, however, disappointed that Blizzard is accepting BM's tunneling toward ArP SS spam. They wanted to make BM more interesting...so they...ENCOURAGE us to drop AS from BM's rotation?

Actually its a bigger buff than you realize. after they nerfed the ap contribution to steady BM hunters lost half the damage to their main dps spell. if you think about it your doing like 4-6 steady shots in between each arcane shot. so 9% damage increase to 4-6 spells in a single rotation is much better than 9% damage increase to 1 spell in a single rotation. you also have to look at how arp effects steady shot vs arcane shot. steady shot is a physical move therefore that alone increases its damage, whereas arcane shot is not physical therefore gets no contribution from arp. Its the same reason why marks hunters don't bother using arcane shot in their rotation once they reach enough arp. once you're there your auto shots hit harder than your arcane shot rendering it only useful as an instant cast when moving. now i'm pretty sure this change will have a similar effect on bm, so it is a great buff directed towards making it viable once again.

Sounds nice to try BM again, but as you say we need to be around 60-70 arp right d: ? then i think i'll might try BM again. :P

i mean 60-70 in procent ofc, my bad

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Exactly. I am, however, disappointed that Blizzard is accepting BM's tunneling toward ArP SS spam. They wanted to make BM more interesting...so they...ENCOURAGE us to drop AS from BM's rotation?
    tbh it's not really any different from MM.

BM has steady + serpent and multi
    MM has steady + chimera and aimed (well, and serpent but lolrefresh so I'm not counting it)

Lohe is right, I'm sure they wanted to keep in arcane shot but felt they couldn't keep it at is current level due to PvP Burst reasons.
    I expect this is all just a triage fix until the slates all get wiped clean in 4.0 and they can effectively kill off armor pen
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

I really hope these aren't the only changes they're making to hunters

Quote Originally Posted by gtamour
    Mmm and here I was excited to see what changes they had planned in the blue post earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logickal
    I really hope these aren't the only changes they're making to hunters
    Exactly my thoughts. Why can't they just let BM go and focus on the other specs? There hasn't been a solid MM/SV change in months, it's getting pretty boring again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoor
    Exactly my thoughts. Why can't they just let BM go and focus on the other specs? There hasn't been a solid MM/SV change in months, it's getting pretty boring again.
    They should put in serpent sting critical strikes, like they did to rupture and immolate