wtb 3% hit from arms spec

What ever endgame gearsetup I seem to create for my pve arms warrior, it allways seems to get
    highly compensated because of the load of hit and expertise you must have. With fury, four times
    out of five this gets compensated by the offhand weapon (cryptmaker/lich king wpn) he has,
    and then for some intresting reason, they gain another 3% hit from the spec.

I know that people are gonna start pouring down about that you can never have enough hit and that
    you increase your crit cap with having enough exp and hit, and probably a whole bunch of delightfull
    things, but the hard fact is that you must have ATLEAST the 8% to overcome a stable festergut
    dps-requirement, and that should be the initial focus. And the fact is that fury gains this advantage
    abit too easy, when its another talent tree that needs it evan more.

This could also be a solution to bringing fury and arms damage more closer to each other, when the
    current damagedamagedamage spec needs to start focuing gems and items based on actually hitting
    his target, rather than automatically thinking bigger numbers.

Whats your opinion on this?

Re: wtb 3% hit from arms spec

I haven't really looked at ICC gear and I'm assuming that is what you speak of. My arms gear is terribly outdated and generally poor (few bits from Ulduar10, 2x T9 but mainly ilvl 213/226), but I've had no trouble getting hit capped since I swapped out of blues really.

If I recall correctly, the 3% talent fury gets is because some portion of their damage comes from white hits, and the hard hit cap for dual wield is 27% (5% base + 3% boss lvl 83 + 19% dw penalty, I might be wrong here); thus they need to hit more often that what only 8% would allow them for.

Arms on the other hand has 2% dodge reduction, that's a lot of expertise that can be swapped for other stuff, be it hit.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Doomwise

Enjoying the WoW adventure since June 07. With friends. Always for fun. The way I like it.

The specs alone are actually pretty fair. If fury gets their hit too easy, arms gets their expertise too easy. Weapon Mastery was moved from fury to arms a while back. That talent is worth about 66 expertise rating for two talent points. Fury's precision is worth about 99 hit rating for three talent points. I believe hit and expertise use the same coefficient for item budgeting. The stats on the extra weapon are certainly a good point, but with armor pen being my primary stat I usually considered that a tradeoff for battle stance's armor pen.

That said, making precision accessible to all specs would be nice. Arms could certainly use a buff or two, and that would make gear changes minimal between specs. Even if prot warriors could pick it up, it couldn't hurt. They're pretty low end damage in the tank world.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwise
    I haven't really looked at ICC gear and I'm assuming that is what you speak of. My arms gear is terribly outdated and generally poor (few bits from Ulduar10, 2x T9 but mainly ilvl 213/226), but I've had no trouble getting hit capped since I swapped out of blues really.

If I recall correctly, the 3% talent fury gets is because some portion of their damage comes from white hits, and the hard hit cap for dual wield is 27% (5% base + 3% boss lvl 83 + 19% dw penalty, I might be wrong here); thus they need to hit more often that what only 8% would allow them for.

Arms on the other hand has 2% dodge reduction, that's a lot of expertise that can be swapped for other stuff, be it hit.
    the expertise is 90% gained though one weapon or tier pants, and only 1% expertise is gained from the
    incite arms speec.

yea, really? arms is bad yet fury does great dps on festergut?
    its completely opposite, fury was only good during T7 naxx days before deepwounds nerfed, furys single target damage has been lagging since toc days, that was 6 months ago.
    how often do you see furys in icc25 runs?

Quote Originally Posted by hornybullie
    its completely opposite, fury was only good during T7 naxx days before deepwounds nerfed, furys single target damage has been lagging since toc days, that was 6 months ago.
    troll?

Yeah, because 11k last night on Festergut is lagging...
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

well if arms gets 3% hit then blood and unholy dks will want it. Aswell as rets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn
    troll?
    I confirm, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by hornybullie
    this is the same guy with 20 str chanted on his shadows edge, he knows a lot
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir
    the expertise is 90% gained though one weapon or tier pants, and only 1% expertise is gained from the
    incite arms speec.
    Stop twisting it. As far as the talenttrees go at the moment, it's fairly balanced. Arms is lagging behind but NOT because they need 263 hitrating.