Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Moonkin : 3.3.3 Starfall changes

Tartar mistakenly said Starfire, and he meant starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by tartar2517
    Glyph of Starfire is a godsend in ICC for two reasons
    His reasons are referring to the Glyph of Starfall. It was a simple typo. Moving on...

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Initial maths put the Starfall change at a rough 1% total increase. Clarification posts by the blues seem to indicate the change is much more significant, specifically the line "If Balance druids melt the world we may have to back off of them." In light of this I retract some of my initial skepticism, while this won't fix the inherent scaling problems (and in truth they pretty much said that overhaul wouldn't happen until Cataclysm) this looks like might be a decent bandage until that time.

On the flip side there seems to be a lot of confusion now as to what the real math is so I'm reserved until it is observed on the PTR.

-Thedrun

10+ Year Old Account

Main star
    Old coefficient: 4.8%
    New coefficient: 37%

If Balance druids melt the world we may have to back off of them

563 - 653 + 37% sp/ star?
    OMW to PTR

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol

Main star

OMW to PTR
    I saw that, but that really can't be right... Almost triples the damage of Starfall...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    I saw that, but that really can't be right... Almost triples the damage of Starfall...
    I Think it actully quadruples it , I currently have my old PTR char from 3.3 testing

Edit: Uploading Recount SS's

These are the recount SS's as you can see This is a MASSIVE Buff to starfall Glyphing it woulder overtake the IS Glyph, Oh and please take into account the Differences in gear (ICC Gear is LIVE , ToC Gear is PTR Right Now)

I Am Currently waiting for my character to be recopied over , if you wanna chat im on remulos on the ptr at the IF Test dummys =)

Damn that's a lot. Throw in raid buffs with that.. and the mini heroism Starfall brings and its a NASTY spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandango
    I Think it actully quadruples it , I currently have my old PTR char from 3.3 testing
    From the math the stars themselves should ~triple in dmg (assuming ~4k SP):

~470 base + 4.8% = 470 + 192 = 662
    ~600 base + 37% = 600 + 1480 = 2080

Although the splash damage goes up a LOT more:

78 + 1.2% = 78 + 48 = 126
    100 + 13% = 100 + 520 = 620

Either way, HUGE buff. Be surprised if it makes it to live like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    From the math the stars themselves should ~triple in dmg (assuming ~4k SP):

~470 base + 4.8% = 470 + 192 = 662
    ~600 base + 37% = 600 + 1480 = 2080

Although the splash damage goes up a LOT more:

78 + 1.2% = 78 + 48 = 126
    100 + 13% = 100 + 520 = 620

Either way, HUGE buff. Be surprised if it makes it to live like that...
    Well you never know with Blizz, but why shouldn't it make it live? Going from 10 to 11k dps (roughly) isn't going to break game balance in pve and still puts us behind all of the pure classes top specs.

In pvp you just have to stun the moonkin faster after he pops starfall since it's actually a threat now.

I'm just wondering if given this buff like now live, and considering all the movement fights will be worth replacing glyph of starfire with glyph of focus in some fight, or if it will be better overall.

If you are able to stay in range of your targets (21 yards as far as I know, with the glyph and with natures reach) it should be worth it, however you have to replace another glyph. So one of the two moonfire related glyphs, or as an alternative: remove both and get the IS glyph back, as it should be better, if you can only have one monnfire glyph instead.

However, I'm quite sure, that I am not that often in 21 yard range to the boss, and unless there are multiple targets, having to move further to get in range would not be a dps gain over no glyph of focus.
    But this is of course only a guess until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol

Main star

OMW to PTR
    Nice they finnaly add scaling into crap spell .

Funny that will not last till live, because balance druids will exactly melt world especialy in BGs where 80% of people dont know about timing fear/stun/horror/cyclone/ams/clos.

10+ Year Old Account

I like these changes.

But i don't know about the Glyph of Focus, since we would have to go into 18 yard ranged, which in most cases causes movement = less dps, as we all know by now.

But would the Glyph of Starfall be better then Glyph of Insect Swarm?
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

not even a boomkin and i can see this is a huge buff. it's more of a +dmg buff than what elemental shaman or spriests got recently. they were all neck and neck on average (boomkins were sometimes ahead, sometimes behind thanks to RNG but on average, about 13-15% behind top dps) and now this should put boomkins ahead of both on most ICC fights

if this goes live it's huge for boomkins and yeah, in pvp, it will be rough for non-boomkins.

this will make them about as powerful as the 40-49 boomkins who can spam moonfire for 200dps back when there were twinks.

keep in mind BG pvp is what the focus is on for the future of wow pvp......arena is just a CD battle and boomkins simply don't have enough

Deleted

I dont think Glyph of Focus is a feasable idea, unless we give up on Glyph of Starfire/Moonfire. 20% damage is nice and all, but it falls short of 1 minute cooldowns by about 100-150 DPS. Furthermore, you would limit yourself to being closer to your target, which might be dangerous on many fights.

This is an awesome change. Furthermore, think about all our crit. All these numbers were calculated without crits!

.... PTR Char still hasn't copied over..

I will try get some recount data with the different glyphs installed.

Deleted

Deleted

Hmm Sicc, i still don't think its quite strong enough yet. Maybe more stars?

I see that someone already posted a video, which is way better than my skimpy little screenshot, but I couldn't do this last night as I had stuff to do.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/...6dc8b179_o.jpg

(no it's not a keylogger - google flickr, it's an image hosting site. I do wish they'd make automatically generated URLs that didn't look so suspicious, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thedrun
    Nothing to see here IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning_star
    Really nothing important imo
    Riiight? lol

PVP wise, this is a cooldown moonkins in arena will want to keep for the Kill order, as well as maybe getting Focus glyph to really REALLY annoy melee or anyone in 18 yrds range. in BG, youll see alot of Q_Qing about it imo, everyone getting nuked from moonkins standing behind trenches of warriors and paladins. yaikes.
    PVE wise, along with Glyph of Starfall, we're looking at serious damage buff. Maybe blizzard brought that change considering a 1:30 cooldown or something, but along with a 1 minute, this is serious nuking.

like Qieth brough up, without crits and aoe splash, this already is an awesoeme boost to our damage.

They were trying to get moonkins extra burst, i think (considering starfall is a 10sec effect) This gives us an extra, what, 2k dps for 10 seconds ? (im looking at the screenshots Vandago posted). I call this burst.
    Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Balourd
    Riiight? lol

PVP wise, this is a cooldown moonkins in arena will want to keep for the Kill order, as well as maybe getting Focus glyph to really REALLY annoy melee or anyone in 18 yrds range. in BG, youll see alot of Q_Qing about it imo, everyone getting nuked from moonkins standing behind trenches of warriors and paladins. yaikes.
    PVE wise, along with Glyph of Starfall, we're looking at serious damage buff. Maybe blizzard brought that change considering a 1:30 cooldown or something, but along with a 1 minute, this is serious nuking.

like Qieth brough up, without crits and aoe splash, this already is an awesoeme boost to our damage.

They were trying to get moonkins extra burst, i think (considering starfall is a 10sec effect) This gives us an extra, what, 2k dps for 10 seconds ? (im looking at the screenshots Vandago posted). I call this burst.
    Sigh. Do you read an entire thread before responding or you just pick out the things that sound best to make yourself look better and other people worse? I made a second post in this thread, which you clearly didn't read before deciding to quote my first one (a second time might I add, although the first quote was more deserved), which rescinded my initial harsh criticism. My first post was BEFORE there were additional clarifying posts by blues and when the initial math showed the buff to be minor at best.

Now to add something - Graylo's Blog at http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/ (which ALSO GOT THE MATH WRONG INITIALLY OMG) seems to indicate that swapping IS glyph for the shortened-cooldown starfall glyph is going to be a compelling decision, if not the default. The glyph that shortens range and boosts damage would be 2nd after the shortened CD one, but that decision is more debatable.

Edit to add one more thing: IT'S YOUR OWN FRIGGIN THREAD? YOU STARTED IT HOW ABOUT YOU READ IT?