Thread: frost dps 3.3.3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: frost dps 3.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by silbrev

but glyph of disease refreshes the dot to the same stats of when it was first applied its simply not as good as GIT
    Are you going to provide any kind of evidence for glyph of icy touch being better or just keep parroting something that you misinterpreted from EJ?

Quote Originally Posted by silbrev

but glyph of disease refreshes the dot to the same stats of when it was first applied its simply not as good as GIT
    No, it refreshes it based on your current AP. They did this because a lot of DKs would pop all their CD's, trinkets, potions, then disease a boss and would just use GoD to keep those diseases rolling with that fully buffed AP. They nerfed it so that now it looks at your current AP and refreshes the diseases accordingly.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted

I've had problems with cancelling Blood Aura mid rotation, sometimes I get to keep the Blood Rune but it's no longer a Death Rune, other times I lose it completely, I'm usually not paying attention, so I decided to change it around a bit. Whenever I wanna use UB(Or BS as Unholy) I Use my BT>UB/BS Macro instead of a Blood Strike, and continue my rotation as normal, the Death Rune lasts long enough to be used for the Triple OB/SS, and I simply have /cancelaura Blood Tap macro'd to my Plague Strike, as it's usually the first disease I apply, so that Blood Tap doesn't fuck up my Death Runes from BotN/Reaping. It's probably not the best way to go about it, but it works for me.

As long as you cancel blood tap before you use the rune that was affected by blood tap for blood strike you shouldn't have any issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru
    I've had problems with cancelling Blood Aura mid rotation, sometimes I get to keep the Blood Rune but it's no longer a Death Rune, other times I lose it completely, I'm usually not paying attention, so I decided to change it around a bit. Whenever I wanna use UB(Or BS as Unholy) I Use my BT>UB/BS Macro instead of a Blood Strike, and continue my rotation as normal, the Death Rune lasts long enough to be used for the Triple OB/SS, and I simply have /cancelaura Blood Tap macro'd to my Plague Strike, as it's usually the first disease I apply, so that Blood Tap doesn't fuck up my Death Runes from BotN/Reaping. It's probably not the best way to go about it, but it works for me.
    try this macro and push it 2 times after u used 2 Death runes for an obliterate/scourge strike or after u used 2 times in row Blood Strike:
    /cast Blood Tap
    /cast Unbreakable Armor(or /cast Bone Shield if u are unholy)
    /cancelaura Blood Tap
    u won't have any rotation problems using this macro

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    No, it refreshes it based on your current AP. They did this because a lot of DKs would pop all their CD's, trinkets, potions, then disease a boss and would just use GoD to keep those diseases rolling with that fully buffed AP. They nerfed it so that now it looks at your current AP and refreshes the diseases accordingly.
    This.

To correct some things:

The changes to Icy Talons which provided us with another 20% haste is NOT a bug, it was clarified as intended by a blue post on the frontpage.

Unbreakable armor is now mandatory, you do NOT skip 20% str with a 33% uptime, which evens out as 6.66% extra strength. If it works multiplicative with other strength bonuses it gets even better with the 4% extra passive strength from Endless Winter and the slightly higher strength we get from a higher Rune of the fallen crusader uptime (because of the 20% haste buff, which also increase bcp procs).

Glyph of Disease seems to be a better glyph now than Frost Fever, according to EJ.
    This is because that the raidwide Icy Talons buff no longer needs to be refreshed by Icy Touch.

Glyph of disease was always better than icy touch, but noone could use it because as you said it didn't work with icy talons which was the only reason to be frost in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Glyph of disease was always better than icy touch, but noone could use it because as you said it didn't work with icy talons which was the only reason to be frost in the first place.
    abolutely agree with u!! maybe glyph of icy touch could be a better choise only before the 4 pieces tier 9 nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmourne89
    abolutely agree with u!! maybe glyph of icy touch could be a better choise only before the 4 pieces tier 9 nerf
    Glyph of icy touch didn't increase frost fever before the 4t9 nerf, it was changed from 10 extra runic power when using icy touch in the same patch.

Of course glyph of icy touch will always be good for aoe, but in aoe situations you would probably want to drop glyph of frost strike instead of disease for it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

ok ill finish the stupid argument on GoDisease

It does roll % based modifiers so if a rogue using tricks on you and you apply your diseaese and keep rolling them they will hit for 15% more for the entire fight. This is what top DK's and top Shadowpriest and top warlocks do to give a big boost to dps.

Warlocks = roll corruption with 15% more damage

Shadowpriest = rolling Shadow word: Pain with 15% more damage

yes they get much more benefit from this little trick but it is still a nice dps increase for DK's.

Correct, we can't do it yet because the only reason to raid as frost denies the use of glyph of disease, but after 3.3.3 it will be a nice way to get a bit of extra dps when the encounter allows for it.