Potential Encounter Description

**SUBSTITUTE NECROMANCER FOR WARLOCK PLEASE**

As a hopeful future game designer, I have much interest in writing encounters. I am thinking about sending one of my best to Blizzard to see if they'll take it, but I wanted to see how it would go over with the community first. Please note that I initially wrote this encounter a long time ago, and it was targeted for a 25-man raid that had members with:
    • Tanks: 14,000 health
    • Other Members: 7,300 health
    • Average DPS: 900
    • Average HPS: 860

Here it goes.

Abilities (sorry this pic is so small!):

Encounter Description:
    Phase 1
    At the beginning of the encounter he has 14,000,000 health and 20,000,000 magic, and has access to Necrotic Pulse, Death Bolt, Summon Skeleton, and Summon Banshee. His main attack will be Death Bolt, and he will use his other abilities whenever they are off of cooldown. He will always use Summon Skeleton and Summon Banshee at the same time. The Skeleton is immune to all physical damage but still can gain threat from it, and the Banshee is immune to all magical damage but can still gain threat from it as well. The two will buff each other with +100% damage done if standing within 30 yards of each other. If they are not both killed within 30 seconds, the Banshee will cast a spell transferring the rest of their health (doubled) to the boss. When the boss reaches 13,000,000 health, he will enter Phase 2.

Phase 2
    The boss will keep all of the abilities he currently has, but gaining access to Curse of the Coward, Curse of the Weak Minded, Curse of the Distracted, Curse of the Tormented, Curse of the Shadow, and Aura of the Frail. He will keep one curse up on a player at all times. He will always use Curse of the Shadow on the target with the highest threat. He will keep Aura of the Frail up at all times during the phase. At 11,000,000 health, he will enter Phase 3.

Phase 3
    During this phase the boss loses Curse of the Distracted and Aura of the Frail, but gains Aura of the Distracted and Curse of the Frail. At 9,000,000 health he will enter Phase 4.

Phase 4
    During this phase, the boss will lose access to Aura of the Distracted and Curse of the Tormented, but he will gain access to Curse of the Distracted and Aura of the Tormented. At 7,000,000 health he will enter Phase 5.

Phase 5
    During this phase, he will lose access to Curse of the Shadow and Aura of the Tormented, but gain access to Aura of the Shadow, Curse of the Tormented, Shadowform, Shadow Blast, Summon Shadow Acolytes, Shadowfreeze, and Shadowform. At the beginning of this phase he will first use Shadowfreeze, and then use Shadowform. His Summon Shadow Acolytes spell will summon 5 Shadow Acolytes that do moderate damage and have high health, as well as having no aggro table. 30 seconds after they are spawned they will buff themselves with a buff that increases all damage done by 2% every 3 seconds. Once at 7,000,000 health, he will enter the final phase, Phase 6.

Phase 6
    In this phase, he will lose access to Shadowfreeze and Shadowform, but gain access to all of his other abilities. All of his summoned allies have their health reduced by 50% in this phase, however the timer on the Banshee’s health-sacrificing spell is reduced to 10 seconds, and the timer on the Shadow Acolytes’ buff will be reduced to 20 seconds. All spells will be used when off of cooldown. Should the fight last longer than 20 minutes, the boss will use Necrotic Resurrection.

Constructive feedback welcome

Re: Potential Encounter Description

One thing that stood out was that there were 6 phases in the fight. That amount seems to be to many phases, and I don't know if blizzard would ever do that many.

Re: Potential Encounter Description

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I'm trying to figure out a way to get each aura up (only one at a time) without necessarily "switching phases". It MAY be something that could be overlooked though since each phase is so short.