Thread: Sindragosa

Sindragosa

Anyone have any general advice on how to optimize DPS on this fight as a warlock? I'm doing 10man, I'm the only caster (So I have the debuff almost 100% of the time), and I'm wondering if there is any tips that I should use to optimize my DPS.

Currently, seeing as I have 100% uptime of the debuff, I'm having our 10mans disc priest GS me and I burn through 30+ stacks of the debuff with a heroism in order to capitilize on the heroism, but that's really the only big "DPS trick" that we're using to aid me.

Any other advice? I'm demo btw
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Re: Sindragosa

I have a similar problem. Honestly I don't think there's much that we can do. I make sure that Demonic Empowerment is always on CD and try and cast as many nuking spells inbetween the Unchained Magic debuff followed by using my wand to dps while i have the debuff (it definately doesn't do as much damage as a shadowbolt would but it's better than just standing around or jumping on the spot cause you can't do anything else). I use my 3 casts to make sure my portal is active (and not going to despawn before a pull in and Blistering Cold), keeping demonic empowerment up and casting an immolate. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Jynxd basically mentioned it: The most viable option should be going demo. The pet does more damage in this spec and you have Soul Link. Other than that, there is not much you can do other than wanding.

Sidenote: It's probably the holy priest that gives you GS ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jynxd
    I have a similar problem. Honestly I don't think there's much that we can do. I make sure that Demonic Empowerment is always on CD and try and cast as many nuking spells inbetween the Unchained Magic debuff followed by using my wand to dps while i have the debuff (it definately doesn't do as much damage as a shadowbolt would but it's better than just standing around or jumping on the spot cause you can't do anything else). I use my 3 casts to make sure my portal is active (and not going to despawn before a pull in and Blistering Cold), keeping demonic empowerment up and casting an immolate. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.
    I usually get to 5-7 stacks before cooling off, and I've found that it's fairly useful to use drain soul on the last one to add a bit of dps
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

I find myself being able to pull higher dps as affliction on this fight. But in my 10-man I am demo spec.

@Warwithin - he's demo so drain soul doesn't help here.

As demo I just try to time my metas... 1 or 2 outside of heroism/bloodlust. Honestly just keep corruption and immolate up and CoE if you don't have the magic debuff added to the boss already - then just spam nukes until 7 stacks and wand the rest. Rinse and repeat. The spellpower you add to the raid is quite helpful for healers in this fight, so going demo is worth it if you have enough in your group that benefit from it (and of course other 'casters').

If you are always getting the debuff, don't waste 1 of your stacks on the portal - only use the portal if someone else gets the debuff regularly - b/c unchained magic will fall off pretty soon after she pulls you in. If you use the portal that's just 1 less nuke you can use waiting for the debuffs to fall off.

Surviving is the most important here, so especially in phase 3 - pay attention to your stacks from both debuffs and rinse them off whenever you can.

*note - I noticed that you can't use your wand while in demon form. So if you are in meta and have 7 stacks, I guess you just wait and do nothing...