Staggering Cool Downs

Just curious as to how people are staggering CD's with heroism? I noticed tonight when my 2 piece tier 10 bonus procs I end up "clipping" my Arcane Blast. Using Quartz its shows me at 1.0sec, but goes to 0.9sec or something when the bonus procs. I assume I need to stop using IV's, but just wanted some feedback as to how people manage their CD's.

Armory link if you need it. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...her&cn=Tikkels

Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Staggering Cool Downs

I'm only hitting like .98 or something right now, so I'm still stacking cooldowns. Save .1 second during stacked cooldowns is more important to me than getting slightly more benefit from Icy Veins. (If I didn't have AP and Quad Core going, I would stagger).

We'll see what happens when I fix some haste on my gear (wtb shadow silk spindle) and get a DFO, though.

It looks like with full raid buffs and all those haste buffs going, the haste "cap" is 816. You're a bit above that so a little is wasted, but not enough to care about IMO.

My haste is over 1000, so it's a bigger problem. But the only variable we really have control over is IV. I really can't see it being worthwhile to delay IV until after heroism, except in really specific situations. Also by not stacking them, it means either Heroism or IV won't benefit from stacking with AP+Mirror Images.

The only buff I avoid stacking with heroism+IV is speed potions.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    I'm only hitting like .98 or something right now, so I'm still stacking cooldowns. Save .1 second during stacked cooldowns is more important to me than getting slightly more benefit from Icy Veins. (If I didn't have AP and Quad Core going, I would stagger).

We'll see what happens when I fix some haste on my gear (wtb shadow silk spindle) and get a DFO, though.
    Am I just not understanding what you are saying here? How can you be below 1 sec? I thought the minimum was 1 sec...
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

15+ Year Old Account

My cast time goes down to .98 seconds, but I can't cast another Arcane Blast for .02 seconds because of the GCD. Cast time can go below 1 second, but the GCD will prevent you from casting another spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac
    Am I just not understanding what you are saying here? How can you be below 1 sec? I thought the minimum was 1 sec...
    1 second GCD is the haste softcap. More haste can still be helpful at this point, depending on what spec you are. Fireball spec for example, can use a LOT of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac
    You cannot cast another spell faster than the GCD of 1s but the cast time of a spell can go as low as you want. I have 1161 haste and I am a troll so if I pop full cooldowns during bloodlust I go significantly under 1s. At 0.98 the difference is not significant as the loss is so minimal compared to the cost of not using your cooldowns. For me if i blow my cooldowns I waste .2 seconds and with latency and precasting you can end up slower than the GCD as it becomes more difficult to chain cast.

I also use wild magic instead of haste pots as I can combine them with my other cooldowns, I could be wrong and haste pots outside my cooldowns would be more beneficial but I love overtaking other dps during my cd burns so ill stick with wild magic.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I love the first 40 seconds of Rotface if I don't get the disease. I always spread out to the side of him, and most of the other DPS sticks to his butt, so I tend not to have to move for the spray as much.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Yeah, I love the first 40 seconds of Rotface if I don't get the disease. I always spread out to the side of him, and most of the other DPS sticks to his butt, so I tend not to have to move for the spray as much.
    I sit on my tank. Shhh don't tell.

I reach 0.7 seconds during BL... thinking about switching back to +63 spell...
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Talismen of Resurgence.

Looks like someone has been using rawr for incorrect data again!

15+ Year Old Account

@Rurikar: Don't bring up this argument here. Rawr is good for mages and unless you can mathematically prove otherwise, saying that it is bad will be interpreted as spreading misinformation/trolling. Not to mention you're de-railing the topic which is not about trinkets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon
    It looks like with full raid buffs and all those haste buffs going, the haste "cap" is 816. You're a bit above that so a little is wasted, but not enough to care about IMO.

My haste is over 1000, so it's a bigger problem. But the only variable we really have control over is IV. I really can't see it being worthwhile to delay IV until after heroism, except in really specific situations. Also by not stacking them, it means either Heroism or IV won't benefit from stacking with AP+Mirror Images.

The only buff I avoid stacking with heroism+IV is speed potions.
    What he said.

10+ Year Old Account

If you're clipping a lot, use 63 spell power instead of Black Magic, the dps loss will be minimal to none if you clip alot. Use Wild Magic potions during heroism.

I'm a troll and I have more haste than you. Since ICC I've completely stopped using potion of speed, and I pop MI+IV+AP+ToR+Wild Magic when hero comes, and the second IV wears out I pop Berserking to gain maximal benefits from Mirror Image and heroism. Also, if you can spare evocation, it might be worth it to spam AB during haste clips to avoid Pushing the Limit and gain dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

So the adjustment here is not to stagger my cd's. I just need to be more aware of my casting times. I normally precast with the help of quartz but that seems to be causing the problem.

Bloodlust is more haste than IV. Unless IV alone is haste capping you, use AP/QC with lust and not with IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    I reach 0.7 seconds during BL... thinking about switching back to +63 spell...
    Heh, I reach this number as well during BL. Though I am on my Druid and casting Wrath. I won't complain about 1.5 sec Starfire during a Lunar Eclipse, though.