Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

haste stack in disc

yeah, this thread again....

i would prefer to not link my armory, but my GS is around 5230.

ive got a friend telling me to dump ALL my mp5 gems and stack haste. he says my haste should be about 600ish.

unbuffed my mp5 in battle is about 450. raid buffed i can hit 1000 mp5 in battle.
    i cant say im really comfortable getting rid of that nice mp5 for haste. -especially as disc. i dont have the inherent mana regen holy does.

he also says as disc i should never be running out of mana.

haste is around 320. -with current gems.

so, i guess what im asking is. mp5 or haste? or a balance of both.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

Re: haste stack in disc

Well Funkey, gem for whichever stat you lack. Never gem pure Mp5.

10+ Year Old Account

It really depends on what job you do in a raid.

If you are a disc priest in 25man that puts shields on people and doesn't Prayer of Healing alot then the haste would be wasted.

If you are a Disc priest that shields tanks then likes to throw a fast GHeal around then haste might be your thing.

With rapture/replenishment though your best way to gain mana reg is to gem for intellect and not mp5.

Yellows - Luminous (SP&Int)/Brilliant (If you really are having mana issues)
    Red - Luminous or Straight Runed
    Blue - A bit iffy because spirit isn't that great for Disc, probably best just putting in a runed.

Going Oom as holy is quite easy. Going oom as disc requires alot of effort from my experience.

By the way if you do want his Armory click his sig - Gives his name away. Just sayin.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DemoNord
    By the way if you do want his Armory click his sig - Gives his name away. Just sayin.
    spoilsport
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'

10+ Year Old Account

no, i really dont have mana regen issues. at all really.

but is that a result of disc in general or is it a result of of the mp5 i currently have?

its a big expense for me to change out all my gems just for an iffy maybe.

I don't gem or gear for mp5, i hate the damn stat. I gem entirely Luminous as Disc and have 0 mp5 on gear if I can help it. I don't go oom, ever. I do need more crit though, I have too much haste for my liking, need more DA procs.

the only mp5 gem you should really have is possibly a 12sp/5mp5 in blues if the bonus is worth taking, int will always be superior

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd
    its a big expense for me to change out all my gems just for an iffy maybe.
    Regemming all your MP5 to intellect will definitely increase your regen.
    Regemming all your MP5 to haste will definitely increase your throughput.
    Regemming all your MP5 to spell power will definitely increase your throughput, probably more than haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Regemming all your MP5 to spell power will definitely increase your throughput, probably more than haste.
    now this was very helpful. thank you.

mp5 gems are absolutely horrible in any case for any class. Ill see if I can find a little sheet I made to illustrate just how much an int gem outclasses the mp5 gems

you friend is correct in you should have 600 haste rating, but i wouldnt be overly concerned unless your already in the best gear you/your guild is capable of getting.

You have to find a balance of haste/mp5 items. You should have right at or around 600 haste rating as disc. you dont need to stack above that number but you CAN go above or below it without too much of an issue.

Your primary consider as disc though should be stacking spell power to increase shields and mending. you stack 600 haste then enough spirit/mp5 to last a normal encounter timeframe with hymn and fiend.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Instead of obsessing over an exact haste cap, seek out gear that has SP/crit/haste. Never gem haste as Disc; spellpower is king. Based on your stats, your spirit or mp5 is excessive for Disc. Focus purely on throughput stats and discard regen completely UNTIL you find that with fiend and maybe HoH, your mana pool is still suffering.

Many Disc priests still hold to the idea that if their mana pool is impervious, then they're gearing well and healing well. This is untrue. This just means your throughput is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm

QFT.

For disc Spellpower >>> All

If the socket bonus is > 7 SP I'll usually go for socket bonus and add int (aka crit/mana pool/regen) especially if the socket is yellow (I usually still skip blue for pure SP).

Haste needs to be in the 12% range when you raid. Especially in 25 mans when you are probably not the one spamming PoH. 12% will bring the cast of FH with BT down to the GCD.

Unlike resto shamana who spam 1 button in raids and want to get that long cast spell as fast as possible and need 30% haste, you don't. Get spellpower.

15+ Year Old Account

i have 821 haste...in raids fheal is 1.03 cast time atm (if you armory me, pants and belt are from shadow so they are gemmed haste atm, may change that up soon though).

IMO people undervalue haste as disc simply because of borrowed time and they make the inherent connection that it's up 50% of the time.

when you are tank healing, borrowed time is up ~2-3 times in 15 seconds, just putting that out there
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I have a fail 400 haste as disc. I've recently decided our tier gear is useless crap and am just going for badge gear because of the haste + crit on it. Also for the mp5.. I do use dazzling eye of zul if the slot calls for it =x

Predicting damage - the right way.

15+ Year Old Account

holy tier gear is crap, yes. shadow tier gear is not, however
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I dont plan to have more then 400 haste till cata.
    Stacking SP is sure thing, and for other stats, I wouldnt swap my crit for haste.
    MT healing with 45% passive raid buffed crit is sweet thing, and I dont believe that haste is any better with 10k flash crit heals and DA procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karel
    Stacking SP is sure thing, and for other stats, I wouldnt swap my crit for haste.
    MT healing with 45% passive raid buffed crit is sweet thing, and I dont believe that haste is any better with 10k flash crit heals and DA procs.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Karel
    Except that you wouldn't be swapping crit, you wouldn't be swapping spell power, you would be trading Spirit. Most of your gear should have both crit and haste on it by now. And quite frankly, if you only have 400 haste, you're probably doing something very wrong with your gear choices.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~