Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Tier sets for Cataclysm

NOTE: Just in case the embedded is not visible, here's a link.
    http://img408.imageshack.us/i/armorcomposit.jpg/

Wanted to try my hand at some armor design. I just went with shoulders, since that is the most unique and prevalent item (being able to turn off helms and all that. What follows is by no means intended to be final products. These shoulder designs are just concepts (I only spent a 3-4 hours on each). Enjoy!

1. Death Knight Since Arthas is dead and the DK's are finally free, I thought something showcasing that broken bond would be applicable. I also made a 'nod' to the Paladin set in some of the subtleties, due to the original lore between the classes.
    Effects: swirling souls coming out of the chasms... Ghostbusters 2 anyone?

2. Druid have some cool looking sets, but always so upbeat. I love their style, but I wanted to give it another angle. For Cataclysm, the world gets all effed up. Felwood became the primary inspiration that the druids and the land itself is pretty pissed. Things aren't always happy-fun.
    Effects: Twisting and writhing vines. Maybe spiders crawling over top. Crying goo might be pushing it...

3. Hunter For Tidestalker I went with an obvious sea theme - turtle shell, scales, shark teeth, and harpoons with nets. Coloring from Abyssal Maw concept painting.
    Effects: Glowing rune w/ vapor trail

4. Mage Arcane imbued frost wraps containing orb of fire. Since mages wear cloth, I thought 'who ever said the shoulders have to be solid?' That, and I wanted to go with a more tattered look, like the mage actually went out and did something.
    Effects: fire glowing inside the shoulders, and possible ice particles floating down from fringes

5. Priest Sorry but I started running out of ideas. Mainly wanted to pull the common tassel off the shoulder, keep the 'cloth' material, and add a little pendulum blade for time ticking away to the end of the world. Prophecy gave rise to apocalypse (ie Cataclysm), but that was a little extreme, so I went with the more biblical term of Revelation.
    Effects: Glowing things

6. Paladin have been asking for Tyrael for a while, so Indignation is based on him. Unlike the warlock T6 wings, these would NOT be proc based, but would always show up. Note: I'm not sold on the coloration, but w/e the idea is still there.
    Effects: You can go to Diablo3.com for the animation.

7. Rogue Plague wing of ICC mixed with the gas mask from holiday event with a steampunk quality.
    Effects: Periodically the brass valve would turn, emptying the tubes, and then refill.

8. Shaman was initially inspired by the idea of a new ability by the same name: Fissure, some sort of frontal cone attack that mixes nature and fire damage (similar to Shadowflame or Frostfire). Went with the shoulder idea instead. Current sets include: Earthfury, Earthshatter, Cataclysm, Worldbreaker, and Earthshaker, so I figured Fissure would fit in line.
    Effects: lava dripping down and embers floating up.

9. Warrior I just took Deathwing's jaw and strapped it down.
    Effects: furnace spitting hot fire

10. Warlock Their enslave demon ability was the primary inspiration, and added the fel green because warlocks just need more green fire. Skulls and bone for accents.
    Effects: Green chain has an ethereal quality and could periodically ignite

I'm curious to see what other people come up with, or what recommendations people would like to see. Oh, and painting in photoshop isn't my forte quite yet, so be gentle pls.
    Last edited by Sarlac; 2010-10-15 at 07:15 PM.

Cataclysm concepts for your enjoyment:
    T11 shoulders || Shadow Hunter Hero Class

Re: Tier sets for Cataclysm

Those are some pretty cool designs.

Very cool and fitting of the expansion pack. Make a warrior please

:O i wonna see what you wonna make for em warrios, sniffles n tears !!!

super cool so far, but the druid one, mah, its allright, just saying how i see it.

keep on le good work.
    I am the Warrior.

I have no friends on my journey. No walkers of the void, summoned from the Nether as servants and bodyguards. No loyal beasts of the plains or woods, to defend me and comfort me in my pain. My sole companion is my weapon. I must care for it better than any hunter has ever cared for his beast. I must master it more than any warlock has ever mastered his demon. Without me, it is useless. Without it, I am nothing.

Really nice work mate......

Any ideas for Pally?
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Deleted

Pictures dont load... I WANNA SEE! (I love fan art)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlac

1. Shaman
    t5 much? =P

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah the Shaman one looks similar to an old set but I still like the OP’s design and it would be in keeping with the expansions theme. Let be honest it’s better than the T10 we have at present, my Shaman currently looks like a diseased druid with those bloody animal animations on the shoulders. I’d rather have something that fits my class.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries !

I think the Shaman Tier 5 would be really cataclysm like. That`s what that reminds me of.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    t5 much? =P
    We already know Blizzard can use same design as before...just look at the Hunter T10 and compare it to T3/T7

Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    Really nice work mate......

Any ideas for Pally?
    http://vtjuegos.files.wordpress.com/...inal_blizz.jpg

We didn't get it for Tier 10 like we asked, so I think it's only fair that we get it for tier 11.
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
    This site needs more red.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlac

1. Shaman was initially inspired by the idea of a new ability by the same name: Fissure, some sort of frontal cone attack that mixes nature and fire damage (similar to Shadowflame or Frostfire). Went with the shoulder idea instead. Current sets include: Earthfury, Earthshatter, Cataclysm, Worldbreaker, and Earthshaker, so I figured Fissure would fit in line.
    Just what shaman tier needs more earth fire themed sets...
    I really like the idea of t10 being a spiritual feel of a shaman a part not represented too much in game really only shown with the occasional spirit wolf chase quest. I really wouldn't mind seeing more of that or other elements besides EARTH AND FIRE for once.

Ultraness is a way of life.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bether
    http://vtjuegos.files.wordpress.com/...inal_blizz.jpg

We didn't get it for Tier 10 like we asked, so I think it's only fair that we get it for tier 11.
    I'd sell my soul for that armour on my paladin!!!
    For the Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Coous
    Just what shaman tier needs more earth fire themed sets...
    I really like the idea of t10 being a spiritual feel of a shaman a part not represented too much in game really only shown with the occasional spirit wolf chase quest. I really wouldn't mind seeing more of that or other elements besides EARTH AND FIRE for once.
    I agree with this, eventhough I do like the more fire-based tier sets aswell. (don't forget T6 though, big shoulders with lightning! )

Your Air and Water themed sets reside in PVP and make you look like a fanny, utterly appaling design considering how easy it is to make such graphics. Agree that the elements should be switched around, only makes sense that water and air combat DW who is Earthy and sorta Fiery =)

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The images are sadly broken

Not sure about the druid shoulders but u may be on to something with the shammy ones.

would love to se somthing like this on pallys:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...with-glow2.png

ty Baldur for a nice pic!

These are pretty good, though I don't know about the diseased theme for your druid armor. Though I admit your artwork and use of photoshop (or similiar program) is nice, and much better than my proficiency with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengu
    would love to se somthing like this on pallys:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...with-glow2.png

ty Baldur for a nice pic!
    Aren't those just T4 on a sharper angle?