Thread: engineering

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

engineering

so I heard from a few sources that engineering was the best prof for pve and pvp for arms. I currently have JC/BS and I was wondering which one I should get rid of if it's the correct thing to do to increase my dps. I can't find anything on EJ or here that would give me a really good answer. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Bowzicarga armory link if needed.

In the long run if I were to switch I would lose 40/43 arp

but I could gain http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=54999 which has a 20% up time
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=55002 a net gain of 1 agi plus the chute
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=55016 the run speed is great for pvp and on occasion pve and more crit is always nice
    In addition I would gain the extras saronite bombs, portable mailbox/bank/repair guy, worm holes, a AH in dal, etc.

Take into account that I do tank a lot so I would be losing basically 2 gem slots for that as well. I don't know of anything tanks gain from engineering, but if there is please link those as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors
    Divine Shield.. Never really stood the hole point of the "oh look at me im in a shiny bubble" I mean come on what does that shit even do?! Pointless waist of mana imo.

Re: engineering

In my experiance in PvE the haste enchant on gloves is really nice, but dont know if it outweighs extra sockets and better gems.

I have engineering just for the laughs and the fun perks

"Remember there is always something cleaverer than yourself"

for tanking you could gain http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63770
    and the rocket boots don't work in arena.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

Deleted

<-- Is a noob and didn't read the OPs post fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Davantius
    Don't also forget Saronite Bombs
    He didn't.
    /brofist

Code:
    #showtooltip Hammer of Wrath
    /use Relentless Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets
    /cast Heroic Throw
    'nuff said 8)
    (that's with pyro rockets on gloves)

Also, for tanking you get 885 armor:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63770

As Arms:

Engineering = Blacksmithing

As Fury:

Engineering > Blacksmithing

As Prot:

Engineering >= Blacksmithing
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Thank you for your replies I think I'm going to try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors
    Divine Shield.. Never really stood the hole point of the "oh look at me im in a shiny bubble" I mean come on what does that shit even do?! Pointless waist of mana imo.

My earlier reply was made in haste.

For Arms:

Engineering = Blacksmithing if you don't need the 2 red gems to push you to ARP hard cap. If you're sitting at 97.XX%, and need the blacksmithing gems for ARP hard cap, then BS > Engineering.

Assuming caps are met, then Engineering = BS.

IMO

Yeah, basically the above. If you are sub-hardcap, the extra ArP that you can get from JC and BS are great, otherwise I don't find them offering anything you can't get from other professions (LW gives extra AP, Skin gives extra Crit, Chanting gives extra AP - all of these are what you would be gaining from sockets otherwise).

Additionally, Engineering is just overall fun: rocket booting away when you are about to die in PvP causes some epic nerd rage, slow fall is immensely useful (at least for me, I like jumping places). Rocket boots + cloak are great fun to get to places you are not supposed to be - like rocket booting off Saurfang's area over to the mountains on the edge (gotta use the 300% boots from TBC though). You can also fly from Dalaran's top spire all the way to ICC for kicks using same boots
    The macro I posted above actually works in arena, so we're talking potential 5-7K damage at range (think a mage @ 10% blinking away with Charge/Intercept on CD) - the pyro rockets have crit for upward of 2.5-3K for me.

pyro rockets crit regularly for me, usually around 3.5-3.8k in pve, usually about 2.5-3k in arena. they work off either melee or spell crit, not sure which, but they crit a lot for me (have about 22% spell crit from random crit gear).

frag bomb on belt is nice for battlegrounds
    boots are win
    cloak is win
    pyro-rockets are win

engineering is win.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    pyro rockets crit regularly for me, usually around 3.5-3.8k in pve
    imo the hyperspeed accelerators (haste use enchant) is far superior then the pyro rockets since you can use it during deathwish and trinket procs. i know this is an arms treath and i'm speaking fury but still wanted to state this here. if i use it during heroism my atack speed is roughly 1.2, wich means your HS and white atacks will do 1-2 more hits during the 12 sec the hyperspeed is up.
    rough calculation (when all is up: DW,trinkets,all buffs/debuffs):
    HS crit= 12k
    pyro rockets crit= 3.5k
    you win: 8.5k

I know haste is better, but...i like the rockets. gives me some more mobility when changing to adds or running back from a knockback etc. also, I'm not currently in a raid guild, so don't care about min/maxing :P

when i start raiding I will get the haste.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

IDK, I ditched BS, leveled engineering to 250, dropped it picked up BS again, then dropped that, having a profession crisis here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysimir
    Engineering >= Blacksmithing
    >= ???
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    >= ???
    greaters thans or equals twos

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimoto
    IDK, I ditched BS, leveled engineering to 250, dropped it picked up BS again, then dropped that, having a profession crisis here.
    Been there, I've probably tried every profession in my warrior's life span outside of tailoring and other clothy-like things. Ended up sticking with Engi - everything else is just straight boring. The only cool thing about BS was Stunherald in TBC, but that quickly got boring as well - swords+WF were way more fun. Engi on the other hand has always been cool (even more so in Vanilla, but that was arguably game-breaking stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    >= ???
    2 > 1
    2 < 1
    1 = 1

X >= 1 :: X = 1 or X = 2 or X = 3 ...///... X = infiniti

Also shown as:

X => 1

boulian logic ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigroll
    In my experiance in PvE the haste enchant on gloves is really nice, but dont know if it outweighs extra sockets and better gems.

Same her heh,but everybody keeps saying me that i should switch to BS/JWC and i dont have gold for that

Quote Originally Posted by Rigroll

It does in the following circumstances:

DPS burn phases in 1-1.15 minute intervals. (XT Heart phase, Yogg brain, Putricide Table-Tactic-Green-Slime-Spawn), or during heroism.

If used correctly, it trumps it. If used everytime "Oo pretty color lit up", then it's pretty substantially subpar.