[Ele] Icecrown tips needed

Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting a higher DPS during guild runs in ICC. ICC seems to be more based on movement of your character during almost every encounter compared to TOTC. In TOTC I was basicly in top 5 of the DPS meters all the time with around 5k or 6k. Now in ICC I rarely hit 5k. This has probably to do with the movement needed to keep yourself alive, but, when I read other posts and trough other forums I hear about Elemental Shaman hitting 8k or 9k.

I'm not in a top end game raiding guild but I can tell we're doing a really good job on progress and stuff. My gear (I can't provide an armory link as it seems to be not working for me at the moment) is pretty good actually but I don't get it that I'm below the meters all the time in ICC. We got Priests, Mages, Rogues and Paladins hitting 9k and 10k on almost every fight so why am I still on half of that amount of DPS?

First I thought it had to do with latency but that's not the problem.
    My rotation is FS>LvB>CL>LB (till LvB is off cooldown)>LvB>CL>LB then repeat from FS. It's the most used rotation I've seen so I can't see why this should be wrong. Movement is a possibility.
    Simply because on ICC10m I was in the middle between the other 2 ranged and hitted around 6.5k on DPS meters. Next time I had to move a bit on the same encounter and I nearly hitted 5k.

Last problem that could cause this is the fact that we dont have a Warlock in our raids at the moment (to provide Demonic Pact).

Anyways, long post, long message. Still I hope some of you could help me out in this situation.

Cheers,

Manacheli, Order of Elune
    Turalyon (EU)

Re: In need of help...

Hard to say exactly without seeing your gear and spec etc.

But ill try to assist you with some tips for bosses ive done.

Lord Marrowgar, stand in behind him at Melee range (ur whole raid should be here barring the two tanks tbh) this should limit your movement, also dont move to much while hes bonestorming just pew pew until u get a fire up ur arse. Be prepared for him finishing then reposition behind him again once the tanks pick him up.

Lady Death, Try to keep flame shock on her all the time and position urself right in the middle of the room so the only time u have to move is for Death and Decay.

Boatloot, needs no explaination really so ez.

Deathbringer
    , position yourself at max range from him and dont move at all unless you have a beast on u, if one does get to close earthbind it frost shock it and finish it off.

Festergut, if possible be in under him with the melee, if in here dont faceroll!! be aware that u may have to move out with a spore at times.

If your at range, set totems under the boss(so u can firenova if u have to move) also out at ur ranged postion try to be the middle guy of the 3 ranged people and have the others move to ur spot with spore everytime, if u do have to move frost shock and fire nova while getting into spore range.

Rotface, Position yourself on one of his heels and have totems right there under him as well, Dont move from spray unless its actually on you. If u have to move with the disease to the kite path, frost shock and firenova until ur back in range again.

Professor Putricide, Stand at max range in a central position making sure you have range on both unstable experiments. always be ready to move for slime or Malleable Goo.

Make sure you renew Flame shock on him before he phase shifts aka the
    Tear Gas cast.

Blood Princes, Not much to be said here, like any council fight do ur best to be in range of all 3 bosses keeping your movement to a minimum as much as possible.

Blood-Queen Lana'thel
    , Ultimate turret fight, Your dps should be sick on this fight unless u get a lot of the Shadow Flames to kite which is unlikely.

Valithria Dreamwalker, Position yourself near her head and scroll ur cam out to ensure easy viewing of all points of the room, Kill order.. Blazing Skels, supressors then everything else.

Sindragosa, Can be a pain but this is true of all DPS classes on this encounter, Just be aware of ur debuffs and lay down as much dps as possible when ur not debuffed.

When she grips the raid Thunderstorm and frost shock as u run out.

I aint been to LK yet so soz no tips on that from me.

Playing as Elemental Shaman you need to be aware that your dps will always be better when u can be the perfect turret aka.. not moving at all.

Having advanced knowledge of the encounters will allow you to build up better positioning and thus make it easier for you to limit your movement.

Anyway hope this helps m8 gl.

Re: [Ele] Icecrown tips needed

im having a similar problem.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...z&cn=Hysterics
    (dont comment on my gear choices, i have reasons why and cbf explaining).

During Rotface last night, I was about to maintain 8.2k dps, while moving with spews etc, until i had the add on me, in which i ran out as fast as i can to meet up then back in. In that 5-10secs my dps dropped to 6.5k and i couldn't get it back up. With a demo lock in a turret situation ic an pull 8-8.5k but once movement is involved it goes down alot.

Standard rotation, double potting(wild magic), fire ele tot, bl, the normal things in the fight. Is there any other way to maximise dps then fb and frS?

The up coming buffs will help us a lot.

It is worth baring in mind that if your bosses are dying when there supposed to and your surviving, keeping your raid buffs up and doing good damage then meters arent really worth looking at, yeah sure hardmodes might be a bit less forgiving but i cant really see us having any problems after the next patch.

Cheers Eromlig for the heads up. The "turret" plan should help me a bit. I'll try it out on the next guild run.

@morgo_mpx: Your gear isn't bad at all. Some people just yell around that cloth is bad for a shammie since we can wear mail. I'm wearing the same bracers as you as it's the only item I can't get a drop off from ICC at the moment without MP5 on it (as a mail item). The chest is nice untill you get the T10 chest I'd say. And bastard, you got that bloody Muradin's Spyglass!

Movement seems to be worse for Shaman in ICC at the moment. I'm not sure why cause I got Mages and Hunters in my guild saying the same, but their DPS isn't dropping by alot.

Hopefully the next patch buff will be a better increase, cause I ain't noticed a different with the last couple changes >.>

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by morgo_mpx
    im having a similar problem.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...z&cn=Hysterics
    (dont comment on my gear choices, i have reasons why and cbf explaining).

During Rotface last night, I was about to maintain 8.2k dps, while moving with spews etc, until i had the add on me, in which i ran out as fast as i can to meet up then back in. In that 5-10secs my dps dropped to 6.5k and i couldn't get it back up. With a demo lock in a turret situation ic an pull 8-8.5k but once movement is involved it goes down alot.

Standard rotation, double potting(wild magic), fire ele tot, bl, the normal things in the fight. Is there any other way to maximise dps then fb and frS?
    I think that its just the nature of our class atm. When FS gets damage buffed and haste buffed our movement dps will be somewhat better but still nothing compared to warlocks/other DoT classes. Casting Flame Shock (or Frost Shock with 4pc t10) and fire nova (if totems in range) is just about it for what we can do on the move (unless you're an engineer <3 nerf saronite bombs!). I wish I had more experience with these kinds of things but currently I'm a test in the guild I'm in which usually runs w/o a demo lock-->I'm the ToW bitch

Quote Originally Posted by whowherewhat?
    currently I'm a test in the guild I'm in which usually runs w/o a demo lock-->I'm the ToW bitch
    ToW/Hero bitsj ftl ;D

Good tips ... only 1 note ... NEVER EVER EVER go to melle range on fastergut to drop totems if you have to run back to range. Its just too much time lost.

Edit: Also to add something about sindragosa. If you have 3 points in elemental warding its not really a problem to get 7-8 stacks of the shitty debuff (NB!!! Don't stack 7-8 if the pull is soon) .. it hits you for 8-9k which isn't a problem for the healers. And about the LK.

First phase wait a bit with the elemental so the adds spawn (if you use it). Then CL on cd. During transition phase don't use CL and always refresh mana shield (it will go down rather quick). And you should be fine with mana. P2 there isn't something special about dpsing... always switch to Valkyries as soon as they spawn and CL when they are near ofc. Use the second transition to regain mana again and about P3 CL on cd on the vile spirits again. Thats pretty much it.

You should be able to hit astonishing numbers during P1 .... in top raiding gear I hit over 14k for a little while. (so did the other elemental)

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov
    Good tips ... only 1 note ... NEVER EVER EVER go to melle range on fastergut to drop totems if you have to run back to range. Its just too much time lost.
    Wouldnt say its a never ever ever kind of thing, theres plenty of time on intial pull and again on 3rd spore, on 25man depending on ur spread ull need them central to cover the whole raid anyway if ur not already in the melee pack which for some Guilds is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Manacheli
    @morgo_mpx: Your gear isn't bad at all. Some people just yell around that cloth is bad for a shammie since we can wear mail. I'm wearing the same bracers as you as it's the only item I can't get a drop off from ICC at the moment without MP5 on it (as a mail item). The chest is nice untill you get the T10 chest I'd say. And bastard, you got that bloody Muradin's Spyglass!
    nar i meant by why i have to 264 cloth badge peice, and ele totem over t10 set. I" got those back when i was raiding in a 10man guild(so no chance of sanct tokens) and when when 4pce wasnt worth it.

Best tip is: Stand in melee range on saurfang and festergut, get a demo lock in your raid and pop searing totem and fire elemental. +3500 dps

well i've only seen through plague and blood wings and i usually average overall 7k on the bosses.. i'd say only use chain lightning in situations when there is multiple targets.. on single targets it is more of a waste of mana and less damange than a lightning bolt =X.. i dont know how good my dps is considered.. but ill link my guy so you can see what im working with =P.. always make sure ur able to tab targets quick as well.. something such as bonespike dies extremely fast and it is very easy to miss a whole cast if it dies as you target it and start to cast =/

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&cn=Draineye

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

if you just started raiding icc then you just need a couple more weeks to learn the fights better

everything in icc is about uptime, once you learn how to do that your dps will get better

when you have to run for a second cast a frost shock while you're moving, that way you're not completely stopping your dps for a moment, or what i'll do sometimes if EM is off cd i'll use that just before i have to stop moving

Quote Originally Posted by Manacheli
    Hopefully the next patch buff will be a better increase, cause I ain't noticed a different with the last couple changes >.>
    i have...as long as i have a demo lock i should be able to do 9-10k on most fights, i out dpsed everyone on deathwhisper this week with 10.3k, beat our destro lock by 22 damage...but i've gotten pretty geared at the same time