Deleted

Resto Healing - ICC10 - Queen

Hi,

I was trying to heal in ICC10 last night (not my main spec, and not something i get to do that much, making me a bit slower than i should be) and all went fine upto Queen, in fact the healing was pretty easy upto then. I had a few range issues with the 3 tanks on Princes but nothing major.

Queen on the other hand was a nightmare. I really wasn't expecting the amount of raid wide damage going on during the normal phase. Only had 2 attempts and then run out of time, so no doubt will get better at it over time.

As i only ever get to heal 10man runs (needed as enh for 25man), i have gone for ES, LHW and Healing Totem glyphs.

The problem with 10man healing is that there is a lot more space and so people spread out more, making CH almost pointless. So i pretty much stick to putting ES on the tank and spamming Riptide and LHW.

Any tips for how to handle the raid healing requirement of this boss?

Cheers in advance

Re: Resto Healing - ICC10 - Queen

It also depens on who you are healing with, but for a shaman the best thing in that fight is to chain heal melee with riptides on the tanks i would say. And if some lesser healing weaves for people that really really need it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

It's a hard fight to heal no matter what you do, as the poster above me said chain heal the melee and tank at times and just LSW the ranged, but you should have 2 other healers with you if you struggle with the healing and getting a spriest or a retpally bitten first helps so much on the healing you wouldnt imagine
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    You damn dirty apes!

Deleted

We didn't have the most ideal healing setup, having 1 disc/holy priest and 2 resto shamans.

You have one shaman keeping ES on tank. One shaman spams tanks with chainheal taking care of melee as well thanks to jumps. Another does that riptide+LHW spam on rangeds and chainhealing those who get the link and help with melee if needed. Priest is healing the raid as well.

Thats how I'd assign them, there might be better way.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Chain heal glyph. get it love it.

A lot of the healing stress can be reduced by everyone else playing properly. Not dallying when they get pact...run to center and clear it immediately. And not dallying when they get swarming shadows...it WILL hurt them if they try to finish what theyre doing...just keep running till its over.

obviously they need to make sure theyre properly spread during air phase. Ask ppl to use defensive cds (barkskin/ams/disperse/ibf/shadow ward/whatever) and ask your hybrids to off heal during that phase. The DPS loss is inconsequential because not a majority of them will even be vamps at that time, and whatever DPS they were going to do in that ten seconds is far eclipsed by what the raid would lose if a member dies.

Healing seems re-tardedly insane at first because people are failing to the abilities of the fight and causing more raid dmg than youd see in a clean kill. Another thing is, when you start to memorize where everyone is standing and you see the three pact targets named, youll know who will need to be healed based on who was standing near the people that were named, as pact dmgs nearby unpacted targets.

thats my advice, glhf

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by stevos
    The problem with 10man healing is that there is a lot more space and so people spread out more, making CH almost pointless.
    Stop them doing that. We have a fixed position for everyone. You can try your positioning upstairs with the same ornament on the ground.

Our setup is one disc for the tanks, one holy priest and one resto shaman for the raid, but we succeeded with one disc and two resto shamans too.

Yeah if ur raid is to spread for chain heal to be effective then pipe up and tell them to get closer bcuz im sure they wont hold back if ur healing is failing.

You should also carry a good few Chain heal glyphs and Lesser Heal glyphs at all times so u can switch them according to boss fights.

On this fight i just chain heal my swingers off riptide here and there when needed and make sure water shield is always up, if anyone has mana issues in this fight they fail at recasting water shield.

I was going with ES, LHW and HST glyphs while healing only 10 mans.

Once I got over 800 Haste, the chain heals felt much less sluggish (meaning rarely using LHW), so I swapped LHW to Chain Heal. Two piece T10 helps out even more.

I now use ES, CH and Fire Elemental Totem(5 min) to help drop bosses faster.

As for Queen, have your group arrange around the circle in a way that allows for a shorter run distance for dark pact. Chain heals will properly bounce through ranged if you need to heal them. Riptide and LHW for people running out from shadows. ES, Riptide and CH for tanks will bounce through melee.

People need to spread out to minimize the raid damage, but close enough for CH to jump. This is possible, and needed if you're to be of any use. Using HST, CH and ES is probably the way to go, but doesn't make that much of a difference.

In 10 men u can heal using simply Lesser Healing Wave with pvp totem relic(the totem equipped can be switched in combat) and Healing Wave afther a riptide if u have just 1° bonus T10.

Chain heal jumps 12.5 , BQL bolts deal aoe in 6yd radius. It would take pretty good coordination to have whole raid all the time in 7-12yd range from each other and forming circle so that pact wont hurt too much, after fears after pacts after flames.

Like mentioned earlier, learn the encounter, spread, minimize damage caused by pacts and flames, tell people to use cooldowns and be extra careful with spreading on airphase. Forget the chainheal for ranged people, remove the need for extra healing instead.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki
    Chain heal jumps 12.5 , BQL bolts deal aoe in 6yd radius. It would take pretty good coordination to have whole raid all the time in 7-12yd range from each other and forming circle so that pact wont hurt too much, after fears after pacts after flames.

Like mentioned earlier, learn the encounter, spread, minimize damage caused by pacts and flames, tell people to use cooldowns and be extra careful with spreading on airphase. Forget the chainheal for ranged people, remove the need for extra healing instead.
    If you use that strategy you're effectivly making shamans AoE healing less effective than Paladins. It's not hard to stay close to other people in the "deadzone" where CH will jump, but bolts doesn't hit more than one target. If that's too hard for a raid, they should ask themself if they really want to raid ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by hvidgaard
    If that's too hard for a raid, they should ask themself if they really want to raid ICC.
    Some players, even guilds. You'd be suprised.. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki
    Some players, even guilds. You'd be suprised.. ;D
    I don't want to know. I prefer my little bubble where players have brains and enjoy a challenge

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bw13187
    Healing seems re-tardedly insane at first because people are failing to the abilities of the fight and causing more raid dmg than youd see in a clean kill.
    Minimizing raid damage taken from kinetic orbs and empowered shock vortex is critical. Once you make sure you spread out and keep your melee prepared with specific spots. You will come to see that the fight is much easier to heal.

We two heal it in ten man 90% of the time. I don't prefer this method, but sometimes we're forced to. It ruins my night, lol.
    It's very RNG based. Someone could start running with fire and on their way back to their spot, get instantly struck by one of those damned Twilight Bolts, etc. You need to be positioned where chain heal can bounce to almost everyone. It's the only way you're really useful, haha. I heal it with a Holy Paladin who does almost as much HPS as I do with his glyph that allows his heals to splash in melee.
    Be vocal with your healers. I use Skype voice program with mine when we do it, just so we can communicate 100% of the time to help counter any RNG issues. Removing your push to talk key and turning your mic sensitivity up in Ventrilo for that fight might also help a lot..
    It's an insane fight either way though. XD