Poll: [PvE/PvP] What are your thougths of the best suitable Paladin race?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Paladin Race?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Paladin Race?

draenei are stupid and just plain ugly, humans stand around and talk like fags(they just arnt intimidating looking), BEs (see human), dwarves are the coolest thing in the entire game.

play dwarf. don't go by racials, they are all getting changed in cata anyway, and to be made into a fun thing rather than some being superior to others.

in pve you're basically guaranteed to have a dumbsh!t playing a draenei in the group to give you the 1% hit anyway.

As a tank, I'd rather have an AOE silence that gives me mana and doesn't have a cast time as opposed to an AOE stun that does have a cast time. I'd also rather have the reduced chance to be hit by magical attacks and effects as opposed to the relatively small HP boost that Tauren have.

As Retribution, I'd rather have a mana return ability that is off the GCD that has the added bonus of silences. Not to mention sometimes resisting things like Garfrosts aura is pretty sweet.

As holy, again, free mana off the GCD.

Such as it stands, Blood Elves are superior to Tauren in most ways when it comes to Paladins. The only somewhat debatable spec is Prot, and I'd still choose Arcane Torrent over Warstomp. Admittedly, this could change in Cataclysm when they change talents. Blood Elves also look better in plate armor. Having backfur stick out of your 'tank' armor is ftl.

For the Alliance, I would say Humans. The Expertise is nice and covers two of the three weapons that Paladins often use in Retribution or Protection. Every man for himself is wicked awesome for PvP, no matter what your spec. The spirit is incredibly minor, so that's a downside. The reputation gains are some nice icing on the cake.
    Dwarves have lost a ton of their awesomeness in terms of racials. If you're going Dwarf, either you need to be obsessed with maces, or not give two craps about racials.
    Draenei are a decent choice. Their aura is pretty sweet for leveling. A constant 1% hit will allow you to more easily go toe to toe with more difficult mobs or quests, meaning your questing experience probably won't be as constricted. Gift of the Naaru is a sweet little thing for all three Paladin specs. If it's off the GCD, making a macro to cast both Gift of the Naaru and Divine Protection as Prot would be pretty sweet.

So, unless you're one of the 'cool kids' who hates Blood Elves because they're not ultra manly, don't bother waiting for Tauren. They're perfect Paladins right now.
    For Alliance, go with humans. Really, if you're going to pvp at all, every class that can be, should be a human. Every Man for Himself is just that good.

My two cents. All subject to change of course.

Quote Originally Posted by luthe
    not necessarily, heroic presence is not raid - wide, it is party - wide. meaning you need a minimum of 5 spacegoats for your whole raid to get the buff.
    I could've sworn that was changed to raid wide somewhere around 3.2.2

Any way...in PvP Blood elves rule...In PvE Humans

Just about every race has been said is best for pvp and pve in this thread. But really, if I were you I'd choose based on looks and lore, not racials which make just a tiny amount of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rantus
    Just about every race has been said is best for pvp and pve in this thread. But really, if I were you I'd choose based on looks and lore, not racials which make just a tiny amount of difference.
    they make a huge difference. Lore doesnt matter in this game anymore. Blizz kills their own lore

These kind of threads are supposed to be "what race my paladin is"?

15+ Year Old Account

Paladin = Human.

Dwarves are a distant second.

Draenei far off 3rd.

I despise BE pallies.

I think Taurens gaining the Light is dispicable.

Lore and looks play a bigger part for me than anything else. "Every Man for Himself" was an added bonus when we got it. I can't express how awesome Diplomacy is when grinding old school rep(working on Netherwing, Ogrila, Skyguard atm).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted

Lore, looks and gameplay: humans all the way. Lore-wise also dwarves and High Elves. Blood elves were part of the Alliance when they still were high elves, and had some individuals trained as paladins. However no elf who was a paladin before the separation or has attained "true" paladinhood after that could serve the Horde, and would more likely be found among the ranks of the Silver Covenant or Argent Crusade. Blood elf "paladins" aren't really paladins at all - just impostors with paladin-like powers. We all know the difference between the real stuff and the "made in china" replica...

Human.. Increased rep and free trinket best for PvP

Dwarf Racial Sounds pritty neat for arena really but the Human male looks are OVERWHELMINGLY AWSOME... Hard One
    Jacquel is
    The Real On Use Bubble Leak Evaluation!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacquel
    Dwarf Racial Sounds pritty neat for arena really but the Human male looks are OVERWHELMINGLY AWSOME... Hard One
    THe human racial is a free trinket. THerefore allowing you to have 2 dps trinket therefore you hurt more.

Tauren, they recieve allbeit slight stamina increases? Not to mention I'm tired of having "normal" sized armor, I wanna be fucking huge!

Yes, I'm still level 80. No I don't have cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Whenever I am DPSing, I look at my blood elf and want to kill myself.
    Not that I'd take it that far but I got sick of the animations as well. Decided to go back to my roots and faction change into a Human Paladin instead =)

I've got to say that I love having a free trinket, some extra expertise and the greatest racial of all: Diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galiant
    Not that I'd take it that far but I got sick of the animations as well. Decided to go back to my roots and faction change into a Human Paladin instead =)

I've got to say that I love having a free trinket, some extra expertise and the greatest racial of all: Diplomacy.
    the animations of a BE paladin are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than that of a human. Everytime i go intoCoS i get pissed cause my paladin does a little gay hop cross slash instead of a twist around behind the back slash

Dwarf obviously.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    THe human racial is a free trinket. THerefore allowing you to have 2 dps trinket therefore you hurt more.
    But you can't use the pvp trinket with 151 res, which is awesome. After all the buffs to resilience it's really over budget, and is something you should try and get as much of as you can in pvp. I'm really happy I chose to make my priest a Night elf and not Human. :P

it depends what you specifically want to do, but BE is pretty good overall.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Attack animations:
    Dwarf>Human>BE

Armor Looks:
    Human>Dwarf>BE

Useful Racials:
    BE>Human>Dwarf

PvE dps: Human
    PvP dps/healer: BE
    PvE Healer: BE
    PvE Tank: Dwarf/Human/BE

Its just an overall unbalanced racial.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    Attack animations:
    Dwarf>Human>BE

Armor Looks:
    Human>Dwarf>BE

Useful Racials:
    BE>Human>Dwarf

PvE dps: Human
    PvP dps/healer: BE
    PvE Healer: BE
    PvE Tank: Dwarf/Human/BE

Its just an overall unbalanced racial.

How do you figure a hop cross slash is better than a upper cross slash behind the back spin?