Herkkuml war token and haste

Being that haste is not a particularly good stat for hunters, i was wondering if many of you out there are using this. I think on the whole there is much better trinkets out there (lower level ones too) and its only a 30dps increase for me currently.

So do you think Blizz got it badly wrong with making this trinket (though it may be more use to other classes) as few hunters will probs opt for it.

Thoughts please

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Herkkuml war token and haste

It's really awesome for some classes/specs like muti rogs, enha shamans and feral druids.

absolutely not. under no circumstance should a hunter even be SEEN with this trinket even in his inventory. terrible, terrible waste of 60 frost badges that could be spent on ANYTHING else. 4/5 t10, and offset gloves and belt are pretty much BiS short of heroic 277 gear.

Herkumi = Huntard.
    Dekere - Troll Hunter of Aegwynn(US)

Quote Originally Posted by Dekere
    absolutely not. under no circumstance should a hunter even be SEEN with this trinket even in his inventory. terrible, terrible waste of 60 frost badges that could be spent on ANYTHING else. 4/5 t10, and offset gloves and belt are pretty much BiS short of heroic 277 gear.

Herkumi = Huntard.
    Couldnt agree more.

15+ Year Old Account

Talk about overreacting.
    It's still better than trinkets like greatness for MM.

also for retri but not as much :P
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    Talk about overreacting.
    It's still better than trinkets like greatness for MM.
    Exactly. I was surprised at this at first as well, but... Personally for me, it even beats out stuff like Mjolnir & Needle. Marginally, but there it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

so:
    4/5 t10 ( helm,chest,gloves.shoulders.2 sactified).
    crafted boots
    crafted legs
    emblems cloak
    belt from festergut 25
    NES and DC:G.no luck with WFS,DW,DV
    made 11k gold from selling primordial saronite
    both spreadsheet and femaledwarf say HWT its an upgrade over DC:G.
    still no luck with WFS,DW,DV...
    im MM
    so..im a huntard ?... :'(

I've seen hunters buy it as their first emblem reward ---> those are the huntards.

I don't see the problem with getting it with your spare badges you can't spend on anything more useful anyway, as said it's still an upgrade over stuff like DMC;G or MoT.

Herkumi = Huntard.

couldnt disagree more... as it def. is a dps increase against DMC:G....

But! i do agree that it shouldnt be bought 1st with the frosts, do get at least the T10 2set, and other frost gear like belt,cloak (gloves if not the T10 ones)
    Yes, i ám a hunter, and no, im nót retarded (one of the many few)

Quote Originally Posted by Xelagn
    so:
    4/5 t10 ( helm,chest,gloves.shoulders.2 sactified).
    crafted boots
    crafted legs
    emblems cloak
    belt from festergut 25
    NES and DC:G.no luck with WFS,DW,DV
    made 11k gold from selling primordial saronite
    both spreadsheet and femaledwarf say HWT its an upgrade over DC:G.
    still no luck with WFS,DW,DV...
    im MM
    so..im a huntard ?... :'(
    No that makes you unlucky with drops and just the hunter this trinket IS good for until he get's something better.

But like someone elses says, hunters that buy this before the get 2t10 (or 4 it you want 4set), get the cloak, get their crafted legs/boots if they are unlucky too or get a belt if fgut/r''fce decide to not drop belts when you are there those hunters are just plain stupid.

Herkumi = Huntard.
    4set with the offset legs (either from lady deathwhisper or crafted) are the best setup, not the gloves.

Gloves are only good if you run the 2x2 setup (2t9/2t10)

Fairly Lame Trinket In my view for some classes, pro for muti and combat rogues however

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe
    Gloves are only good if you run the 2x2 setup (2t9/2t10)
    in most cases the T9-Triumph 2set +T10 2set > 4set T10 iLvl251. if so, u need at least 3 iLvl264 of T10 to beat previous combination (having the 4th piece aswell), but to be a 100% sure is why we have the spreadsheet ofc...

OT: Haste is something hunters should not go for as it just takes way to much haste to get a decent increase from it, nonetheless it still is a decent trinket u can get for your 'spare' frosts..
    Yes, i ám a hunter, and no, im nót retarded (one of the many few)

An upgrade is an upgrade, but I agree with most posters here and say you shouldn't get it with your first 60 frost.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Fun story, I benefit more from haste than crit with my gear. It's definitely not as terribad as some suggested, but it's nowhere near superawesome. Use it if you have spare emblems, after you bought 4ptier 10/belt/cloak/saronites for boots/ legs/alts. Or if your trinkets are horrible.

10+ Year Old Account

on spread sheet. going from Soft cap with needle encrusted scorpion to gemming full Arp and usng this trinket showed as a dps increase of about 36 dps for me.
    also a good preperation for hard cap gemming.

But, Gief Death bringers will!